Chronophantasma - Time it Takes to Spawn a Clone

Fay.2735

@Refia Montes.3205 said:

@"Kicast.1459" said:isn't chronophantasma bugged?I mean shouldn't a clone spawn each time a phantasm disappear ? if yes you should have one clone for the first phantasm and one for the second... seems so obvious to me...

Read the description again.

"A Phantasm that is resummoned doesn't spawn a clone."

ok didn't see this...thx...so then yes chronophantasma is a pain ...you have to wait more than 6 sec to get clones...I would say it is even the complete opposite result they were looking at... you can no more use your shatter frequently.

Yes! While the not being able to shatter phantasms would have been good for the old phantasms design where they do multiple attacks but currently the phantasms take way too long to turn into a clone after finishing that attack. This is absolutely terrible from a PvP perspective because the 3 whole seconds it takes to turn into a clone will more than likely just be cleaved out prematurely. That being said, I do like the phantasm changes but it would feel a hell of a lot more smoother if they just kept the shattering phantasms mechanic

@Refia Montes.3205 said:

@"Kicast.1459" said:isn't chronophantasma bugged?I mean shouldn't a clone spawn each time a phantasm disappear ? if yes you should have one clone for the first phantasm and one for the second... seems so obvious to me...

Where is that description? Because it's not on the trait on my client. Mine reads a little differently. I'm just curious like @"Kicast.1459" because I've been searching for "A Phantasm that is resummoned doesn't spawn a clone." and yet don't see it anywhere. Here is an image of mine.

chronophantasma.jpg

@Xruptor.3965 said:

Where is that description? Because it's not on the trait on my client. Mine reads a little differently. I'm just curious like @"Kicast.1459" because I've been searching for "A Phantasm that is resummoned doesn't spawn a clone." and yet don't see it anywhere. Here is an image of mine.

chronophantasma.jpg

Unupdated tool-tips by anet rip. It was listed in the balance notes with the phantasm rework.

ok didn't see this...thx...so then yes chronophantasma is a pain ...you have to wait more than 6 sec to get clones...I would say it is even the complete opposite result they were looking at... you can no more use your shatter frequently.

chronophantasma.jpg

Unupdated tool-tips by anet rip. It was listed in the balance notes with the phantasm rework.

Okay yeah I thought I was going nuts. So I went to PVP Lobby and tested it on a Golem. If I have Imagined Burden set and Chronophantasma. When I use Phantasm Beserker it spawns two Phantasms. When those two time out Chronophantasma kicks in and spawns another two Phantasms. When finally those two give out then they spawn exactly two clones. I did this several times just to make sure. So the second pair of resummoned Phantasm do spawn clones. Unless you meant the first pair. Otherwise you would have 4 clones and that would be silly. Because the original two never got to the "turn to clone" phase, they were instead resummoned. When the resummoned ones finally time out they do kick in two clones.

I tested this at least 5 times in a row. In every instance the second pair of resummoned phantasms each give me a clone.

Is this for future patch notes? Because currently it's working exactly like the traits tooltip saids. So maybe they removed that portion? I could be wrong I just don't understand then why it's working exactly as advertised. Yet it's apparently not supposed to do that according to what you are telling. Believe me I'm not saying you are wrong but this is just extremely weird if that is what is supposed to happen. Because according to my tests that isn't actually happening.

Please try it and get back to me. Because I'm baffled. :)

@Xruptor.3965 said:

chronophantasma.jpg

Okay yeah I thought I was going nuts. So I went to PVP Lobby and tested it on a Golem. If I have Imagined Burden set and Chronophantasma. When I use Phantasm Beserker it spawns two Phantasms. When those two time out Chronophantasma kicks in and spawns another two Phantasms. When finally those two give out then they spawn exactly two clones. I did this several times just to make sure. So the second pair of resummoned Phantasm do spawn clones. Unless you meant the first pair. Otherwise you would have 4 clones and that would be silly. Because they original two never got to the "turn to clone" phase since they were resummoned. When the resummoned ones finally time out they do kick in two clones.

I tested this at least 5 times in a row. In every instance the second pair of resummoned phantasms each give me a clone.

Is this for future patch notes? Because currently it's working exactly like the traits tooltip saids. So maybe they removed that portion? I could be wrong I just don't understand then why it's working exactly as advertised. Yet it's apparently not supposed to do that according to what you are telling. Believe me I'm not saying you are wrong but this is just extremely weird if that is what is supposed to happen. Because according to my tests that isn't actually happening.

The wording is weird. Here's the exact notes:

"Chronophantasma: This trait now causes phantasms to resummon themselves after the first time they would normally be replaced with a clone. A phantasm that resummons itself will not create a clone."

It works as intended. A Phantasm resummons itself after the attack rather than making a clone once. Afterwards the resummoned Phantasm becomes a clone. It's confusing wording.

@Refia Montes.3205 said:

chronophantasma.jpg

Okay yeah I thought I was going nuts. So I went to PVP Lobby and tested it on a Golem. If I have Imagined Burden set and Chronophantasma. When I use Phantasm Beserker it spawns two Phantasms. When those two time out Chronophantasma kicks in and spawns another two Phantasms. When finally those two give out then they spawn exactly two clones. I did this several times just to make sure. So the second pair of resummoned Phantasm do spawn clones. Unless you meant the first pair. Otherwise you would have 4 clones and that would be silly. Because they original two never got to the "turn to clone" phase since they were resummoned. When the resummoned ones finally time out they do kick in two clones.

The wording is weird. Here's the exact notes:

"Chronophantasma: This trait now causes phantasms to resummon themselves after the first time they would normally be replaced with a clone. A phantasm that resummons itself will not create a clone."

It works as intended. A Phantasm resummons itself after the attack rather than making a clone once. Afterwards the resummoned Phantasm becomes a clone. It's confusing wording.

Okay so interpreted one way. Then phantasms that resummon themselves don't create clones but instead create another phantasm. Those resummoned phantasms do create clones.

So in reality resummoned phantasms do create clones. Just not the parent ones. Which is why they probably didn't bother to change the tooltip and instead reworded it to the current iteration. Which is correct. The current tooltip fits that description nicely. "The first time a phantasm would become a clone, it instead resummons itself and attacks again." So instead of creating a clone it resummons itself and attacks. Those resummoned ones become clones. This is probably why they got rid of the initial notes in the text.

chronophantasma.jpg

Thanks for posting the original dev notes. It's interesting to see how they originally worded it.

I do like chronophantasma for the dps component it offers though I do wonder if they ever tinkered around with having chronophantasma give phantasms the ammo mechanic like shatter storm does. Then the phantasms could be cast twice and still give a clone afterwards. Maybe they did and they found it too crazy.

@Xerek.7864 said:I do like chronophantasma for the dps component it offers though I do wonder if they ever tinkered around with having chronophantasma give phantasms the ammo mechanic like shatter storm does. Then the phantasms could be cast twice and still give a clone afterwards. Maybe they did and they found it too crazy.

Echo of Memory on ammo? I doubt they would want that. Actually, I don't think it's even possible for an ammo skill to have a flip skill.

• 2 weeks later...

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@Xerek.7864 said:I do like chronophantasma for the dps component it offers though I do wonder if they ever tinkered around with having chronophantasma give phantasms the ammo mechanic like shatter storm does. Then the phantasms could be cast twice and still give a clone afterwards. Maybe they did and they found it too crazy.

Echo of Memory on ammo? I doubt they would want that. Actually, I don't think it's even possible for an ammo skill to have a flip skill.

Well echo of memory is basically an ammo skill if you block an attack.Lets say it has 2 charges but deja vu is not a thing anymore. Skill basically stays the same except that you always can use it twice now instead of waiting to block stuff.But personally i think it would break stiff more if other phantasms can be used twice on will.I like the actual chronophantasma how it is now, but they could tune down the daze when they are summoned a second time.

Archived