Upcoming Bug Fixes

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Preventing fall damage is the first thing that comes to mind, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the only way to exploit it.But according to the post that's not what they're trying to "fix" tho besides, gliders and mounting in mid air are a thing and I find it utterly ridiculous how people try to call any kind of practical aplication an "exploit" nowadays. Keep it going and it will be nothing more than just another meaninless buzzword.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Thanks to player reports and our own observations, we've identified a few bugs we're going to be correcting later this month. The list below is not comprehensive, but we wanted to give you a heads up about a few known issues:

• Mount Maelstrom Mastery Point currently is inaccessible.
    • This was not intended, of course, and we'll make this Mastery Point accessible again.
  • Marmoxes in the wrangling event in Sandswept Isles can be killed using mount engage skills.
    • Again, not intended. Soon, marmoxes will be wrangled in more marmox-friendly ways.
  • A couple of gates in the Sandswept Isles races may not always turn green when properly crossed.
    • We'll get that fixed so you know you've successfully hit the gates.
  • The Position Rewinder currently is able to mark aerial locations.
    • This is not a good thing, and we'll correct it to eliminate possible exploitation.
  • Some players report that they have not being able to earn the Three Golem Monte achievement.
    • We'll ensure that everyone who earns the achievement gets credit.
  • Awakened ambushes currently occur too frequently
    • Because too-frequent spawns can impact your ability to complete other objectives, we'll adjust the rate of these ambushes.
  • Certain Awakened mummies spawn too often in the Damos Isle lab.
    • This can be exploited for unintended rewards, so we'll ensure that mobs are spawning at anticipated rates.

Plzz put Join in Map in guild hall plz

@Tails.9372 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Preventing fall damage is the first thing that comes to mind, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the only way to exploit it.But according to the post that's not what they're trying to "fix" tho besides, gliders and mounting in mid air are a thing and I find it utterly ridiculous how people try to call any kind of practical aplication an "exploit" nowadays. Keep it going and it will be nothing more than just another meaninless buzzword.It actually is. Character skills have been changed before because there was at least one that was able to mark a position mid-air and recall to it that allowed people to prevent (fatal) fall damage, thereby exploiting jumping puzzles and other areas where mounts and/or gliding are forbidden exactly for that reason. From the moment somebody figured out that the position rewinder allows you to mark a mid-air position it seemed obvious (to me) that this wasn't intended and would be fixed for the very same reason as the above mentioned skill.

@Tails.9372 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Preventing fall damage is the first thing that comes to mind, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the only way to exploit it.But according to the post that's not what they're trying to "fix" tho besides, gliders and mounting in mid air are a thing and I find it utterly ridiculous how people try to call any kind of practical aplication an "exploit" nowadays. Keep it going and it will be nothing more than just another meaninless buzzword.

The post doesn't give any specifics so it could be referring to players finding ways to avoid fall damage in no mount/glider areas. Honestly, you seem really defensive about it which makes me believe you've found an exploit and don't want it fixed.

@Rasimir.6239 said:It actually is. Character skills have been changed before because there was at least one that was able to mark a position mid-air and recall to it that allowed people to prevent (fatal) fall damage, thereby exploiting jumping puzzles and other areas where mounts and/or gliding are forbidden exactly for that reason. From the moment somebody figured out that the position rewinder allows you to mark a mid-air position it seemed obvious (to me) that this wasn't intended and would be fixed for the very same reason as the above mentioned skill.If it's about preventing fall damage for JPs then the common sense solution would be to only limit these restrictions to the areas in question. No need to limit the overall functionality of this item even further then it alredy is for the sake of some niche content which can be skiped by useing a mesmer portal anyway.

@ImTasty.2163 said:you seem really defensive about itThat's because I like good game design and I hate seeing things which could possibly be useful or interesting additions to the game getting ruined by a half assed implementation / turned into useless gimmicks thanks to people QQing over X/Y/Z.

Based on what I've heard both in game and online, you would probably be better off just taking the Awakened Ambushes out of the game altogether. They are:

• not challenging (less challenging than the bounty they replace 95% of the time in fact),
  • get in the way of achievements
  • are not really fun/unique (basically just a cookie-cutter dynamic event), and
  • are just plain frustrating when you are expecting a bounty boss.

Additionally, it seems that there are many groups that just run away when they spawn - which leave the event there even though the bounty it replaces is still on the board - locked in perpetuity and delayed even longer for those wanting to fight that particular boss.

Bounties are one of my favorite parts of the game (not a replacement for needing new guild missions, but at least something guilds can do together), but the ambush mechanic, while a decent idea on paper, just doesn't work in the current game.

I am also very curious about the position rewinder - you guys have not been clear at all about it.

Will we still be able to RECALL from mid-air? Is there any example of exploitation you ALREADY know of (and would do no harm to mention it since it's being removed), or is this purely a "prevention" scenario? I bought it almost solely because of the extreme freedom it gave, for example it makes the skipping after the Grawl Shaman fight in Volcanic doable to any of my chars because I can rewind until I fall midway. Frankly I don't mind skill 1 only being usable on ground but skill 2, I have no idea why you would forbid it everywhere since it would be one of the fundamental practical uses for this item.

@Tuxie.1209 said:That's awesome, but do you have any plans to fix the rescue event on Dry Top in relation to the Mark Y Golem collection? The event seems to be broken more often than not.There is no event in Dry Top for the Mark Y collection. If you're referring to the Zephyrite Rescue Recording, that's done in the south-east corner of Crystal Oasis.

• ArenaNet Staff

If you have a bug to report that is not on the list in the initial post, please check the forums to see if there's an existing thread about that bug, and add your comment to that thread. If you do not see a post, and if you have not reported the bug in the game, please feel free to create a new thread on the topic.

Thank you.

Archived