Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Redeeming IG whatever... is probably the WORST collection ever....


Vova.2640
 Share

Recommended Posts

Seriously.Some of the events are bugged.Some of the events take like AN HOURS to happen.I waited for one of the events today about 57 minutes until it finally popped........As Im typing this, Im sitting waiting for another stupid even to start. Been about an hour now and NOTHING.I spent more time today WAITING for a specific event to start than actually doing event and things around the game.

Please do not to such ridiculous collections anymore that rely on so many other events.Or at least MAKE SURE the events are WORKING and are FREQUENT enough so people don't have to spend an entire day hunting a few events across multiple maps.

This is honestly soooo ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this collection was probably one of the worst so far. Riddled with annoying bugs (both in the collection itself and events).Also waiting ages for trivial events is not great game content, especially since the collection items had vague names that would make several different events possible for each one, but you are forced to do a very specific one. You wait ages, go afk a minute or two and then you already missed it because a zerg of people finished it.

Only fun event was Serpents Ire. Sadly rewards on that event is not worth it. Should give at least as much as Tequatl + chance for unique loot (minis of the bosses, branded asc skins)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the events are terribly chosen too.Jeppa's chain, for example, is something I did a good amount of times until I got the firebrand mini. Then I stopped because I thought it was too long and boring for the price the mini was sold for (non collection based humanoid minis are not exactly in high demand). By redirecting loads of people to this content unnecessary extra supply is generated, which harms the natural replayability of the content (by decreasing the value of the RNG reward).The Vehtendi djinn event , for example, is something I've kept doing because the mini looked pricy enough for a quite fast to solo event which is a few seconds of flight from a waypoint. Now that the price has plummeted, no real reason to return there...I mean, unique rewards usually give events some natural replayability, but this goes away if loads of players are brought to them for different reasons and supply gets a spike. It's not like those event weren't already part of specialization weapon collections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

I spent a larger portion of my day waiting for events.Im not even done with the whole thing yet.

Also, there is a decent chance this stupid backpack will be required for the next legendary ring/amulet/accessory/w.e.I never bothered making the Wayfarers Henge.... and then now when I went for Aurora I am FORCED into completing that stupid chain of achievements.I have to work for a useless ascended backpack to just proceed with my legendary crafting.I couldnt care less for the skin or backpack. Im only doing this cause Anet will likely force me into doing this for legendary anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The collection itself isn't bad, but the fact they used bugged events for this is unacceptable. It feels like they learned nothing from legendary collections (which btw to this day are bugged).

However... the most annoying thing that triggered me instantly is THE REQUIREMENT OF DOING SERPENT'S IRE AGAIN. I did this event 3 times already, never because I wanted or liked it but because it was tied to collections and achievement. I hate this event and everything it represents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

Progression blocking bugs are unacceptable. Consider yourself lucky finding unbugged events so quickly. Hint: your positive experience is not a rule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

Progression blocking bugs are unacceptable. Consider yourself lucky finding unbugged events so quickly. Hint: your positive experience is not a rule.

20 plus years on MMO forums tells me one thing, right up front, looking at page 1 of the Gen Forum, your experience is not the rule either. How do I know? Because the first page isn't covered with new threads about a broken event, and this thread isn't 40 pages long already. That's what happens when things are broken in MMOs, the forum becomes blitzed with threads about something being broken, or a server's down, etc. You had a run of bad luck today, evidently not a lot of other people did, or we'd be reading all about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

Progression blocking bugs are unacceptable. Consider yourself lucky finding unbugged events so quickly. Hint: your positive experience is not a rule.

20 plus years on MMO forums tells me one thing, right up front, looking at page 1 of the Gen Forum, your experience is not the rule either. How do I know? Because the first page isn't covered with new threads about a broken event, and this thread isn't 40 pages long already. That's what happens when things are broken in MMOs, the forum becomes blitzed with threads about something being broken, or a server's down, etc. You had a run of bad luck today, evidently not a lot of other people did, or we'd be reading all about it.

Bugs are properly reported in relevant section of forums. And yes, it includes broken events from this collection. This is not reddit, it's not popularity contest. Just because people do not rage here like they do on reddit, it doesn't mean these bugs don't exist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

Progression blocking bugs are unacceptable. Consider yourself lucky finding unbugged events so quickly. Hint: your positive experience is not a rule.

20 plus years on MMO forums tells me one thing, right up front, looking at page 1 of the Gen Forum, your experience is not the rule either. How do I know? Because the first page isn't covered with new threads about a broken event, and this thread isn't 40 pages long already. That's what happens when things are broken in MMOs, the forum becomes blitzed with threads about something being broken, or a server's down, etc. You had a run of bad luck today, evidently not a lot of other people did, or we'd be reading all about it.

Bugs are properly reported in relevant section of forums. And yes, it includes broken events from this collection. This is not reddit, it's not popularity contest. Just because people do not rage here like they do on reddit, it doesn't mean these bugs don't exist.

That's all good and all, except that I didn't read this thread in the bug report section, and I've never been to reddit. I have been on many MMO main forums though, and have seen lots of examples of exactly this thread when something went pear shaped with the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

Progression blocking bugs are unacceptable. Consider yourself lucky finding unbugged events so quickly. Hint: your positive experience is not a rule.

20 plus years on MMO forums tells me one thing, right up front, looking at page 1 of the Gen Forum, your experience is not the rule either. How do I know? Because the first page isn't covered with new threads about a broken event, and this thread isn't 40 pages long already. That's what happens when things are broken in MMOs, the forum becomes blitzed with threads about something being broken, or a server's down, etc. You had a run of bad luck today, evidently not a lot of other people did, or we'd be reading all about it.

Bugs are properly reported in relevant section of forums. And yes, it includes broken events from this collection. This is not reddit, it's not popularity contest. Just because people do not rage here like they do on reddit, it doesn't mean these bugs don't exist.

That's all good and all, except that I didn't read this thread in the bug report section, and I've never been to reddit. I have been on many MMO main forums though, and have seen lots of examples of exactly this thread when something went pear shaped with the game.

And GW2 is the only mmo I play and care about. I'm not interested in how their communities deal with problems, all I care is how WE do it.

Which thread you didn't see? The one about whole collection? The collection is not a problem, the problem is events. Events are being reported bugged seperately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just commenting on your claim that people in GW2 don't rage about broken events on the main forum, in a thread posted on the main forum raging about a broken event, and that your experience is "the rule". I'm thinking that, with the number of people playing GW2, if the event was seriously borked, there'd be more threads like this one on the Gen Forum. It is, after all, where you felt like you needed to post it, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"robertthebard.8150" said:I'm just commenting on your claim that people in GW2 don't rage about broken events on the main forum, in a thread posted on the main forum raging about a broken event, and that your experience is "the rule". I'm thinking that, with the number of people playing GW2, if the event was seriously borked, there'd be more threads like this one on the Gen Forum. It is, after all, where you felt like you needed to post it, right?

People don't like using GW2 forums for reasons I can't cite to not become rewarded by these reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"robertthebard.8150" said:I'm just commenting on your claim that people in GW2 don't rage about broken events on the main forum, in a thread posted on the main forum raging about a broken event, and that your experience is "the rule". I'm thinking that, with the number of people playing GW2, if the event was seriously borked, there'd be more threads like this one on the Gen Forum. It is, after all, where you felt like you needed to post it, right?

People don't like using GW2 forums for reasons I can't cite to not become rewarded by these reasons.

Then doesn't this thread make you an exception, instead of "the rule"? Seriously, I'm not trying to yank your chain, too hard, I just loved the logical fallacy of your situation being the rule, when even by your own statements, you're the exception to it. The biggest problem I've run into with events is that, if the daily says "do events here", it's like the timer on them is way down from normal. Other than that, I'm not hitting any game breaking bugs with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@robertthebard.8150 said:I'm just commenting on your claim that people in GW2 don't rage about broken events on the main forum, in a thread posted on the main forum raging about a broken event, and that your experience is "the rule". I'm thinking that, with the number of people playing GW2, if the event was seriously borked, there'd be more threads like this one on the Gen Forum. It is, after all, where you felt like you needed to post it, right?

People don't like using GW2 forums for reasons I can't cite to not become rewarded by these reasons.

Then doesn't this thread make you an exception, instead of "the rule"? Seriously, I'm not trying to yank your chain, too hard, I just loved the logical fallacy of your situation being the rule, when even by your own statements, you're the exception to it. The biggest problem I've run into with events is that, if the daily says "do events here", it's like the timer on them is way down from normal. Other than that, I'm not hitting any game breaking bugs with them.

I feel like we are discussing nothing here. Events are bugged - that's the fact, that's the point. Also, in the future, they should actually TEST events before they bind them to the collection. Everyone will be happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

I agree. Mostly on that this is free. And optional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Theocraft.6053 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Odd. Other than one event which got temp fixed, I was able to do all of the other events within a few hours. It should be even easier now as more people have unlocked that collection than last Saturday.

Considering that it’s an optional collection for “free” ascended backpack, with a unique skin, I’d consider whatever time spent to be well worth it.

I agree. Mostly on that this is free. And optional.

How does it justify lack of testing and progression blocking bugs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Vova.2640" said:Seriously.Some of the events are bugged.Some of the events take like AN HOURS to happen.I waited for one of the events today about 57 minutes until it finally popped........As Im typing this, Im sitting waiting for another stupid even to start. Been about an hour now and NOTHING.I spent more time today WAITING for a specific event to start than actually doing event and things around the game.

Please do not to such ridiculous collections anymore that rely on so many other events.Or at least MAKE SURE the events are WORKING and are FREQUENT enough so people don't have to spend an entire day hunting a few events across multiple maps.

This is honestly soooo ridiculous.

Not to mention that the previous, timegated collection wasn't timegated for everyone o.OA friend of mine did "Rebooting IG-[insertNumberHere]" in just 3 days.

But i draw the line at bugged or straight up ridiculous Events where you autofail even with a 30+ squad, like the Serpent's Ire Meta. I tried doing it with 3 different squads with ~30+ players each. We failed at the "Defeat the Branded Forgotten zealots before the Branded crystal detonates" phase everytime. Maybe we didn't had enough DPS (which i highly doubt) or maybe the lifepool of those 5 zealots is just too high.Right now it fells more like a sad try of getting people do the (what seems to be a generally highly disliked) meta.

Also: the "Medical Aid Recording" (for reviving NPCs/Players) can stack, and therefore deplete your recording devices. Which in turn means you need more than 105 of the crystal to buy the devices you need.

I really wish you (Anet) would playtest stuff you give us beforehand, so that we won't feel like beta-testers.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm fine with the way the collection is meant to be done. I even do not mind the waiting for the events.

edit: Added one thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't like this phase myself, it seems like an attempt to get people back to PoF and is far too long and tedious. With events that spawn infrequently if at all.

I particularly dislike events in areas I don't have a reason to be in, hanging around waiting for a particular event is not fun having to stay in the area while waiting for a particular event to spawn is not fun. I still have a number of alts that I can run through the maps, but Serpent's Ire? Oh god no, not again! That's a horrendous mess!

Not to mention the new frustration that having a horde of "newbies" descend on the Serpent's Ire again will cause those who run it frequently. It's anti-fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually like the collection since it brings at least some replayability to PoF (whose lack of people rightfully complained about).

I finished the last collection in approx. six or seven hours. Really helps using the LFG or put up own stuff like "LF Event [xyz]".

Sure, some stuff is annoying since the wiki isn't that reliable when it comes to PoF-content, but at least I could explore the maps again.

Serpents Ire isn't as bad as people make it. People just have to get rid of the auto-atk-to-success-mentality and bring a balanced kit of dps and cc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@robertthebard.8150 said:I'm just commenting on your claim that people in GW2 don't rage about broken events on the main forum, in a thread posted on the main forum raging about a broken event, and that your experience is "the rule". I'm thinking that, with the number of people playing GW2, if the event was seriously borked, there'd be more threads like this one on the Gen Forum. It is, after all, where you felt like you needed to post it, right?

People don't like using GW2 forums for reasons I can't cite to not become rewarded by these reasons.

Then doesn't this thread make you an exception, instead of "the rule"? Seriously, I'm not trying to yank your chain, too hard, I just loved the logical fallacy of your situation being the rule, when even by your own statements, you're the exception to it. The biggest problem I've run into with events is that, if the daily says "do events here", it's like the timer on them is way down from normal. Other than that, I'm not hitting any game breaking bugs with them.

I feel like we are discussing nothing here. Events are bugged - that's the fact, that's the point. Also, in the future, they should actually TEST events before they bind them to the collection. Everyone will be happy.

Okay. Which events? Other than the zephyrite one in the mine which Anet temp fixed, all of the other ones supposedly bugged were actually due to people not understanding the event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...