The case for reverting the Mesmer phantasm rework.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Odik.4587 said:Out of curiousity i opened that channel and there 0 videos literally... Is that intentional ? xD

This is Chaith fighting against the mesmer whose stream didn't have any videos up.

Okay , thats last time i ever reply you ,its getting ridiculous to discuss anything with you and all mesmer haters .

Mesmers are completely busted. Pretty much everyone agrees on this. The clip has Chaith, a top tier player, saying that mesmer needs to be nerfed.

OK COOL PERMABOONS ? Amazing! Is he useful ? Is it viable ? No ? Sadness... Not even in monthly ,much sadness ...

Yes. This mesmer got #4 on the NA leaderboards so obviously it's useful/viable. (LOL)

What this build capable of doing of all your complaints about mesmer ? Absolutely nothing except stack boons and beat some people 1x1, turret engineer reborn.

It's good at everything. It is godly at side noding and its ridiculous in team fights as well.

With alot of downsides that not WORTH ever considering playing or complaint about. Once someone use their brain even at 1% you able to utilize its weakness and play literally 4x5

So list "a lot of downsides" because it's hard to find any when Mesmer has:
  • Multiple AI that can hit for 10k each
  • Ridiculous mobility on Mirage
  • Ridiculous utility with Portal
  • Some of the highest burst in the game
  • Insanely difficult to kill
  • Insane amounts of CC
  • Permanent every boon

If thats what concerns you , remove boon amulets ,just as condi duration amulets. Balance would be achieved much faster.

Newsflash! These mesmer builds work without boon duration too!

It's a bit of a concern when many teams in the monthly ran 2-3 mesmers. Let that sink in... THREE mesmers.

Caith ? Is that same person said mesmer been A+ tier because of PHANTASMS being OP? Ahahaha worth listening :)

You claiming that build that got top4 have all of this? You are ridiculous and cant be helped anymore ,i suggest you another game tbh. Go lol ?

No...

Chaith was the Captain of the team, Abjured, that represented and won first place for North America at the World Tournament Series.

He's also a popular GW2 streamer and top tier engineer.

Did you really not know this? LOL

Also, no. I never claimed that. Learn to read a little better.

• Insane amounts of CC
  • Permanent every boonI even listed weaknesses somewhere and if you cant figure out obvious downsides of this BOONSPAMMERCHRONO, im truly pity you .(Insane amount of CC, good joke)Oh yes, highest 'burst' is on DE that overkill ppl with 33-35k crits in PVP. FA ele evaporate you much faster than mesmer leaving you zero time to react ,even here you are failedNoone ever ran that build on monthly AT that reflect how good said build you furiously whining.

Zorh literally ran this build in the Monthly AT yesterday so you're wrong about that too. LOL

Your top4 is can tell you he is your father and that would be so for sure. Not to mention that NA legendary is like gold on EU omegalul.

I can't understand what you typed. Your English/spelling/grammar is really poor. If you format it better or use google/dictionary for help, that would be good.

Again, not a surprise that you don't know something obvious but a lower population means less rating going around.

Seen 1 game on NA with 3 mesmers, they being destroyed by fb scourge 1 mesmer ,what a surprise. on EU which is clearly have better players people ran 1 mesmer ,another shocking surprise but yes.You intentionally making yourself look stupid ? You completely ignore arguments and keep insisting that memser hacking game and have 10 amulets,2 elite specs in same time.

No but there are several instances where your extreme lack of knowledge is evident. I never mentioned anything about hacking, multiple amulets, or 2 elite specs at the same time so you're both lying and completely fabricating my argument at the same time.

If you would stop being blinded by your hate ,you would see we agree its need nerfs but not overnerf that you fighting for.

Again, I never mentioned anything about overnerfing. So you're just making things up again. An example of a correct nerf would be lowering the damage on the overperforming phantasms by around 70% so that instead of hitting for 11k+, they hit for 3k instead.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"MikeL.8260" said:I'd look through the Mesmer forums and then post about my "case" on Phantasms rework. We had been asking this for what feels like years to no end and now that we finally got it you want to revert everything back just because you had a bad game in PvP..
  • Illusionary Defender is hitting people for 18k multiple times due to resummons.
  • Illusionary Disenchanter is hitting for 10k+ as well.
  • The 10+ clone spam makes it almost impossible to tell what's going on. Not only does it render tab target nearly useless, but click targetting as well.
  • It is impossible to discern which clone is which because they just resummon themselves.
  • Mirage is still extremely difficult to pressure due to the nature of Mirage Cloak.
  • Chronomancer resummoning is even stronger than Mirage's (albeit a weaker MU).
  • Mesmer can also hit 20k+ damage from stealth repeatedly on a short cooldown without any tells if you don't see the mesmer coming. By the time the mesmer leaves stealth you die unless you can react an almost instant burst with quickness with a stunbreak that's also an evade or an invulnerability skill.
  • Chronomancer has access to 18+ seconds of alacrity as well as permanent EVERY boon in the game including 25 stacks of might. Core and Mirage do as well (minus the alacrity).
  • Mirage has the highest access to on-demand invulnerability.

etc. etc. Mesmers are extremely broken.

Just because you've been asking to make your class completely overpowered for years doesn't make it right. (lol)

Mesmer should have never been released in the state it is in currently. I agree entirely.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Odik.4587 said:Out of curiousity i opened that channel and there 0 videos literally... Is that intentional ? xD

This is Chaith fighting against the mesmer whose stream didn't have any videos up.

Okay , thats last time i ever reply you ,its getting ridiculous to discuss anything with you and all mesmer haters .

Mesmers are completely busted. Pretty much everyone agrees on this. The clip has Chaith, a top tier player, saying that mesmer needs to be nerfed.

OK COOL PERMABOONS ? Amazing! Is he useful ? Is it viable ? No ? Sadness... Not even in monthly ,much sadness ...

Yes. This mesmer got #4 on the NA leaderboards so obviously it's useful/viable. (LOL)

What this build capable of doing of all your complaints about mesmer ? Absolutely nothing except stack boons and beat some people 1x1, turret engineer reborn.

It's good at everything. It is godly at side noding and its ridiculous in team fights as well.

With alot of downsides that not WORTH ever considering playing or complaint about. Once someone use their brain even at 1% you able to utilize its weakness and play literally 4x5

• Insane amounts of CC
  • Permanent every boon

If thats what concerns you , remove boon amulets ,just as condi duration amulets. Balance would be achieved much faster.

It's a bit of a concern when many teams in the monthly ran 2-3 mesmers. Let that sink in... THREE mesmers.

Caith ? Is that same person said mesmer been A+ tier because of PHANTASMS being OP? Ahahaha worth listening :)

You claiming that build that got top4 have all of this? You are ridiculous and cant be helped anymore ,i suggest you another game tbh. Go lol ?

No...

Chaith was the Captain of the team, Abjured, that represented and won first place for North America at the World Tournament Series.

• Insane amounts of CC
  • Permanent every boonI even listed weaknesses somewhere and if you cant figure out obvious downsides of this BOONSPAMMERCHRONO, im truly pity you .(Insane amount of CC, good joke)Oh yes, highest 'burst' is on DE that overkill ppl with 33-35k crits in PVP. FA ele evaporate you much faster than mesmer leaving you zero time to react ,even here you are failedNoone ever ran that build on monthly AT that reflect how good said build you furiously whining.

Zorh literally ran this build in the Monthly AT yesterday so you're wrong about that too. LOL

Your top4 is can tell you he is your father and that would be so for sure. Not to mention that NA legendary is like gold on EU omegalul.

I can't understand what you typed. Your English/spelling/grammar is really poor. If you format it better or use google/dictionary for help, that would be good.

Again, not a surprise that you don't know something obvious but a lower population means less rating going around.

Seen 1 game on NA with 3 mesmers, they being destroyed by fb scourge 1 mesmer ,what a surprise. on EU which is clearly have better players people ran 1 mesmer ,another shocking surprise but yes.You intentionally making yourself look stupid ? You completely ignore arguments and keep insisting that memser hacking game and have 10 amulets,2 elite specs in same time.

No but there are several instances where your extreme lack of knowledge is evident. I never mentioned anything about hacking, multiple amulets, or 2 elite specs at the same time so you're both lying and
at the same time.

If you would stop being blinded by your hate ,you would see we agree its need nerfs but not overnerf that you fighting for.

Again, I never mentioned anything about overnerfing. So you're just making things up again. An example of a correct nerf would be lowering the damage on the overperforming phantasms by around 70% so that instead of hitting for 11k+, they hit for 3k instead.

Caith? Thats making everything he say truth ? For me his opinion worth nothing after saying PHANTASMS and portal brought mesmer to tier A+ pre hot ,that clearly indicate how little he know about said phantasms and mesmer ,engi main bois.Thats your problem with 2-3 on NA. Your zorth(that i dont know about , NA LUL) seems to be won nothing while running that super broken build.Watch EU and find there 2-3 mesmer teamcomps,gl.What bad quality of NA region have to do with population ? Yesterday my friend(wont name him) was playing on NA and said NA legendary division equals to gold of EU. Thats understandable why you are qq'ing that hard ..

Again, I never mentioned anything about overnerfing. So you're just making things up again. An example of a correct nerf would be lowering the damage on the overperforming phantasms by around 70% so that instead of hitting for 11k+, they hit for 3k instead.Thats overnerfing if you think its fine , i can complaint about many skills in this game and ask for nerfs for 70% . Would be pretty much same .

Learn to read better. You throw at me chrono boon spam , i talk about it and then you suddenly throwing that BS at me. Implying that all belong to one poor boonspam chrono.

No but there are several instances where your extreme lack of knowledge is evident. I never mentioned anything about hacking, multiple amulets, or 2 elite specs at the same time so you're both lying and completely fabricating my argument at the same time.Multiple AI that can hit for 10k eachRidiculous mobility on MirageRidiculous utility with PortalSome of the highest burst in the gameInsanely difficult to killInsane amounts of CCPermanent every boonThats all can be achieved only while playing 2 elite specs in same time.You are owning yourself with your posts ,good job.

@Odik.4587 said:

• Insane amounts of CC
  • Permanent every boon

No...

• Insane amounts of CC

No but there are several instances where your extreme lack of knowledge is evident. I never mentioned anything about hacking, multiple amulets, or 2 elite specs at the same time so you're both lying and
at the same time.

Caith? Thats making everything he say truth ? For me his opinion worth nothing after saying PHANTASMS and portal brought mesmer to tier A+ pre hot ,that clearly indicate how little he know about said phantasms and mesmer ,engi main bois.Thats your problem with 2-3 on NA. Your zorth(that i dont know about , NA LUL) seems to be won nothing while running that super broken build.What bad quality of NA region have to do with population ? Yesterday my friend(wont name him) was playing on NA and said NA legendary division equals to gold of EU. Thats understandable why you are qq'ing that hard ..

He hasn't lied about anything unlike you. While you may not respect his opinion, there are many, many more people that do.

Zorh's team placed 3rd in the monthly.

You obviously have trouble reading. I don't feel like repeating myself. Less people = less rating.

Again, I never mentioned anything about overnerfing. So you're just making things up again. An example of a correct nerf would be lowering the damage on the overperforming phantasms by around 70% so that instead of hitting for 11k+, they hit for 3k instead.Thats overnerfing if you think its fine , i can complaint about many skills in this game and ask for nerfs for 70% . Would be pretty much same .

Learn to read better. You throw at me chrono boon spam , i talk about it and then you suddenly throwing that BS at me. Implying that all belong to one poor boonspam chrono.

https://imgur.com/a/8PhBv - 11k Disenchanterhttps://imgur.com/a/7zCSp - 11k Defender

They need 60-70% damage nerfs minimum. 11k is more than half the health of most builds.

No but there are several instances where your extreme lack of knowledge is evident. I never mentioned anything about hacking, multiple amulets, or 2 elite specs at the same time so you're both lying and completely fabricating my argument at the same time.Multiple AI that can hit for 10k eachRidiculous mobility on MirageRidiculous utility with PortalSome of the highest burst in the gameInsanely difficult to killInsane amounts of CCPermanent every boonThats all can be achieved only while playing 2 elite specs in same time.You are owning yourself with your posts ,good job.

No, you're wrong. I also clearly stated which ones specifically fell under Mirage. If I didn't, they most likely apply to both.

I'm lying ? pogchampLike those from 55ranks who sold mAT ? They had alot of respect from other and now not .Respect has nothing to do with his close to none understanding of mesmer as a class and his statements he do about it.At least im not trying to argue holosmith balance because i dont even play it .Once again you demand overnerfing which deserves 90% of classes as well.That list is applied to holo , for exception of portal. Have it all. If list everything every class can do ,all of the must be nerfed to groud with 70% damage nerf. Apply it to every class and we can have a deal. On this note im done with you

@"Odik.4587" said:I'm lying ? pogchamp

"You keep insisting that memser hacking game and have 10 amulets,2 elite specs in same time."

Like those from 55ranks who sold mAT ? They had alot of respect from other and now not .Respect has nothing to do with his close to none understanding of mesmer as a class and his statements he do about it.

I guarantee he knows more than you about it. There's a reason he's a top player and you're not.

At least im not trying to argue holosmith balance because i dont even play it .Once again you demand overnerfing which deserves 90% of classes as well.

70% damage nerfs to multiple skills that are hitting for 11k+ is not "overnerfing."

That list is applied to holo , for exception of portal. Have it all. If list everything every class can do ,all of the must be nerfed to groud with 70% damage nerf. Apply it to every class and we can have a deal. On this note im done with you

No, this list does not apply to holo. You're wrong again :]

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:I'm lying ? pogchamp

"You keep insisting that memser hacking game and have 10 amulets,2 elite specs in same time."

Like those from 55ranks who sold mAT ? They had alot of respect from other and now not .Respect has nothing to do with his close to none understanding of mesmer as a class and his statements he do about it.

I guarantee he knows more than you about it. There's a reason he's a top player and you're not.

At least im not trying to argue holosmith balance because i dont even play it .Once again you demand overnerfing which deserves 90% of classes as well.

70% damage nerfs to multiple skills that are hitting for 11k+ is not "overnerfing."

That list is applied to holo , for exception of portal. Have it all. If list everything every class can do ,all of the must be nerfed to groud with 70% damage nerf. Apply it to every class and we can have a deal. On this note im done with you

No, this list does not apply to holo. You're wrong again :]

Man you can't argue with these guys, it will never end. You are correct though, Mesmer in their current state is overpowered.

I think I agree with OP on this one. As much as mesmer needed a nerf, this is a step in the wrong direction. Clones are ok when kept to a smaller level because it adds a layer of difficulty to the class in terms of targetting and that's built into how the class was designed to work, illusions are supposed to be confusing.

The main problem I have with this though is that even if I know which one is the real one, tab targetting often fails and clicking on the actual player for targetting is nearly impossible when there are 8 other clones nearby. The only way to really deal with mesmer now is with ground target skills or random aoe, because you just can't target the player even if you've identified who it is.

Most of the stuff I see anet doing I've liked in the most recent few patches, this particular one though I do think was bad for the game unless there's some way to quickly target the player once you've identified them, unfortunately since there's no way for the game to know whether you've identified the target in your mind, clones need to be kept sort of intentionally half-assed.

@Legatus.3608 said:I think I agree with OP on this one. As much as mesmer needed a nerf, this is a step in the wrong direction. Clones are ok when kept to a smaller level because it adds a layer of difficulty to the class in terms of targetting and that's built into how the class was designed to work, illusions are supposed to be confusing.

The main problem I have with this though is that even if I know which one is the real one, tab targetting often fails and clicking on the actual player for targetting is nearly impossible when there are 8 other clones nearby. The only way to really deal with mesmer now is with ground target skills or random aoe, because you just can't target the player even if you've identified who it is.

Most of the stuff I see anet doing I've liked in the most recent few patches, this particular one though I do think was bad for the game unless there's some way to quickly target the player once you've identified them, unfortunately since there's no way for the game to know whether you've identified the target in your mind, clones need to be kept sort of intentionally kitten.

8 clones at a time :thinking:

Completely out of touch change...this is clear bias and unprofessional conduct, we had/have more pressing issues about entire spec/classes "removed" from any sort of gameplay..and yet they decided to rework/buff an already overperforming class bringing it to insane levels...completely absurd and I made sure to let the devs know, their timing on this rework is completely mindblowing....especially for a studio that say to lack resources

@Odik.4587 said:Caith? Thats making everything he say truth ? For me his opinion worth nothing after saying PHANTASMS and portal brought mesmer to tier A+ pre hot ,that clearly indicate how little he know about said phantasms and mesmer ,engi main bois.

English probably isn't your first language so it's probably why you completely misunderstood my words and think I said some clearly wrong things..

Competitive history is pretty plain as day, I never said Phantasms were even A+ pre-hot, they haven't been relevant until now. Pre-Hot Mesmers were A- near skill cap. Portal combined with competitive combat ability is what made Mesmers A+ to S tier for all HoT and now Phantasms being overbuffed means you don't even have to be decent at the game to be S tier in casual play now.

You invent idiotic opinions for other people and then attack it, nobody is impressed.. :expressionless:

I member when mesmer was good if the player knew what he's doing. Do you member? I member. Now, it was just sad to watch, as I am spending a lot of time in wvw, you basically see more mesmers than thieves and they don't even have to be very good to smash few people instantly. I told them...nerf incoming, they member. Now hahaha mesmers, take it like champs. I still haven't tried to play it after patch...but hope they will be build that only people with good experience would be able to play it...

As happy as I would be it that change was rolled back, that just won't happen.

That being said, a more realistic change would be if phantasms generation had its own cap, say max 3 phantasms can be instanced at any given time (in PvP at least). This way, the mechanics that the design team was looking to change is untouched, and phantasm generation isn't over the top in PvP.

@Acandis.3250 said:As happy as I would be it that change was rolled back, that just won't happen.

That being said, a more realistic change would be if phantasms generation had its own cap, say max 3 phantasms can be instanced at any given time (in PvP at least). This way, the mechanics that the design team was looking to change is untouched, and phantasm generation isn't over the top in PvP.

I’ve been making this suggestion since everyone started complaining but no one listens because it doesn’t gut the class.

No the phantasm change is wayyyyy better for Mesmer playstyle. But I can see how fighting against 50 clones in annoying. I think the solution is simple, just only allow one or two phantasms to be summoned at a time. That way Mes isn't hard nerfed and still easier to fight against.

@shippage.1983 said:No the phantasm change is wayyyyy better for Mesmer playstyle. But I can see how fighting against 50 clones in annoying. I think the solution is simple, just only allow one or two phantasms to be summoned at a time. That way Mes isn't hard nerfed and still easier to fight against.

3 phantasm limit 3 clone limit. Makes the most sense. If you overwrite a phantasm with another one you don’t get the clone and you lose the respawn if using CP

@JayAction.9056 said:@shadowpass.4236

You waste so much time arguing with people that obviously don’t know how to play the game

@Jace al Thor.6745 is in gold lmfao. “To play with friends”

@Odik.4587 obviously has never even seen a somewhat decent mes.

So... you have literally nothing productive other than try and make people feel bad? Because it’s not working. Yes, I wanted to queue with friends, last I checked it was a MMO? Rather than trying to discredit whatever I’ve said by using that address what I’ve actually been saying. If you’re going to go that far back into my post history address all the suggestions I’m made to bring Mesmer in line. But that would actually be productive so you won’t.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

You waste so much time arguing with people that obviously don’t know how to play the game

@Jace al Thor.6745 is in gold lmfao. “To play with friends”

@Odik.4587 obviously has never even seen a somewhat decent mes.

So... you have literally nothing productive other than try and make people feel bad? Because it’s not working. Yes, I wanted to queue with friends, last I checked it was a MMO? Rather than trying to discredit whatever I’ve said by using that address what I’ve actually been saying. If you’re going to go that far back into my post history address all the suggestions I’m made to bring Mesmer in line. But that would actually be productive so you won’t.

You are in gold. You don’t know how to play the game and you rarely, if ever, come across people that do. Nothing you say holds any weight.

I’m not trying to make you feel bad. I don’t care enough to do so. This is just realistic. Sorry if it hurts your feelings lmfao...

At this point you’re discrediting yourself. If you don’t think my suggestions hold weight, prove it.

Prove it? Ok

You’re in gold.

My point has been made. I’m out.

Just cap phantasms at 2 - 3 active at a time, for starters.As it stands right now, any encounter with a phantasm feels like I'm working against a permanent taunt whenever they break target, if they happen to ramp up.Tabtargeting was useless before for locating them after target reset, but now clicktargeting is difficult because the uncapped phantasms provide visual litter that I have to spend additional second fractions avoiding, while hoping I am not about to have my plans interrupted by instant cast soft cc.

Classes can be annoying to manage or deadly, but not both at the same time.

Archived