Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Signet of Renewal: Soul Beast


Jdavis.8501
 Share

Recommended Posts

The mechanic of having to leave soulbeast form to use signet of renewal for the 13 condition removal effect is troubling. I would honestly prefer it to work while in soulbeast form to create better synergy. I am aware that soulbeast provides a decent amount of clear already from its bear stance and the wilderness survival line. However, it doesn't do so well against frequent condition bombing compared to druid. Having signet of renewal proc while in soulbeast form can create a lot of synergy with support type pets such as the jacaranda which gives allies resistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should work but i doesnt atm.It needs fixing not because its a balance issue of to much cleanse. Its just not working as intended. I dont even get resistance. As a support tool it should behave like the signet, just that the soulbeast sucks up all conditions and gains resistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jdavis.8501 said:The mechanic of having to leave soulbeast form to use signet of renewal for the 13 condition removal effect is troubling. I would honestly prefer it to work while in soulbeast form to create better synergy. I am aware that soulbeast provides a decent amount of clear already from its bear stance and the wilderness survival line. However, it doesn't do so well against frequent condition bombing compared to druid. Having signet of renewal proc while in soulbeast form can create a lot of synergy with support type pets such as the jacaranda which gives allies resistance.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:It should work but i doesnt atm.It needs fixing not because its a balance issue of to much cleanse. Its just not working as intended. I dont even get resistance. As a support tool it should behave like the signet, just that the soulbeast sucks up all conditions and gains resistance.

And how do you want this Skill to work? When this one transfer 13 condi to our pet ... how or where do you want those 13 condition to be transferred when we are in beastmode ? On enemies? Then will be too powerful, maybe they should change it so we could transfer only 2-4-6 or something.When we have pet out all condi are transferred to him, and usual he die if we don't heal him or swap him.So they should change all the mechanics for this skill to work somehow.In my opinion this skill should be remain like it is with a single change : Radius of 600 units to be changed in 2000 or something, so the skill can be effective even when your pet is fighting with an enemy far than 600 units from your location. Sometimes you don't know if your pet it is or not in 600 radius and you consume the skill for nothing, without cure conditions from you. I know for 100 % success you should change pet before to use the skill, but still this is wrong in my humble opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The soulbeast sucks up all conditions and gains resistance.

Logically, yes, it's how it should work. I wouldn't mind halved condi clear (6-7) thought, like most of Soulbeast merged skills version. The reason why so many Soulbeast go WS tree line and WK trait is because other utilities lack of condi clear, it would give diversity.

Getting out of BMode to use the signet is okay with me, just giving my opinions about how we could make it better.

@"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:When we have pet out all condi are transferred to him, and usual he die if we don't heal him or swap him.Sometimes you don't know if your pet it is or not in 600 radius and you consume the skill for nothing, without cure conditions from you.I know for 100 % success you should change pet before to use the skill, but still this is wrong in my humble opinion.

Happened to me so many times :(. It should work at any range tbh (the condis from you to your pet should be 100% reliable and the radius can stay around the pet to get allies conditions), I mean come on... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Contemplation_of_Purity

You have to waste a Pet Swap to use it, to only make it dies in secs if you had a condi bomb. It's fine when you're on Soulbeast, you can merge and ''revive'' it, but on Druid/Core Ranger it's not practical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, if it were to work in Beastmode, it'd basically function like "Save Yourselves!". Though, without all the other boons and ½s more base resistance. Even if it did work in Beastmode, I wouldn't want to use it while there. Not saying it shouldn't be corrected to work as such but as Soulbeast, activating SoR for your pet to absorb the conditions then merging with it is a much better alternative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Wondrouswall.7169" said:I mean, if it were to work in Beastmode, it'd basically function like "Save Yourselves!". Though, without all the other boons and ½s more base resistance. Even if it did work in Beastmode, I wouldn't want to use it while there. Not saying it shouldn't be corrected to work as such but as Soulbeast, activating SoR for your pet to absorb the conditions then merging with it is a much better alternative.

Yea it might be a better alternative to do it with the pet, but there should be an option still to use it in beast mode. Whilst I do very much like the addition of the elite specs, and the creativity [hopefully the the creativity will continue to be pushed to its limited] - the elite trees still need to work with the base trait-lines and skills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, no doubt. I'm not against it or the other traits that currently have 0 interaction with Soulbeast to be altered to work with it. Just putting it out there that if it were to function in Beastmode, then it would most likely function like "Save Yourselves!" and I would rather not use it in that scenario. If it gets updated to work in BM, then so be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...