Season Updates (I'll like to see added)

zoopop.5630

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 any chances of season being longer then what they are with more frequent check up on who's win trading and minor balance updates every 2 months?

Season being so short can and has lead to a lot of nasty things to happen with the fact that the minimum game requirement to be on the leader-board being pretty easy over all.

Some Changes I'll like to see for the next season:

1. Make the Season Longer
  2. Make the leader-board requirement be Total Wins not Total Games played; (Example- Jon.1234 has 160 games played but only 80 wins and 80 loses, Jon does not have enough wins to make it onto the leader-board)
  3. Remove Duo Que completely or Allow everyone to duo Que through all rating level
  4. Add new Maps or redo some of the older maps with a few updates
  5. CLASS switching/Class Stacking( No More double necro, double mesmer,double holo, etc..)
  6. Add New reward tracks or END of season reward for reaching a certain level of rating(Example New titles or New Skins)
  7. Add A new legendary weapon or trinket to the PvP Achievement or quest( were going onto season 11 we're over due for something new that can bring players)

we're onto a new season in a few weeks and we need to add some solid changes for our 11th season within the game, we need to attract players to play and why they should play for a few season. The game mode doesn't have anything to really offer people unless it's some gold and possibly some reward tracks (which even then doesn't matter if you played for years). We need to have something that Pve players and Vet would like to do in order to keep them playing for more then 1 or 2 games a day.

these are some suggestions i'll like to see added or even brought up for discussion for the next season.

The problem with longer seasons is that there would be more balance patches during a season that shakes things up WAY too much (sometimes completely gutting a class) OR there would be fewer balance patches to avoid a constant flux mid-season... which is also bad.

@pah.4931 said:The problem with longer seasons is that there would be more balance patches during a season that shakes things up WAY too much (sometimes completely gutting a class) OR there would be fewer balance patches to avoid a constant flux mid-season... which is also bad.

why i said every 2 months just have small balance patches till season ends, I mean even with 3 months into the season they been dropping bombs for balance patching mid season screwing up ALOT of things for people/classes. Example Look at the mesmer changes. Confusion was an issue and then it was removed but then Illusions spamming was brought to the meta where it is now being spammed in a lot of games. We now have a class that can fill almost everyone role with no issues at all while some other classes got small nerfs.

my thing is balance patches are always going to be a problems for certain classes or trait-lines that need to be brought down a bit the season being longer or short won't matter as much, people would just swap to the new flavor of the month to play.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@"pah.4931" said:The problem with longer seasons is that there would be more balance patches during a season that shakes things up WAY too much (sometimes completely gutting a class) OR there would be fewer balance patches to avoid a constant flux mid-season... which is also bad.

why i said every 2 months just have small balance patches till season ends, I mean even with 3 months into the season they been dropping bombs for balance patching mid season screwing up ALOT of things for people/classes. Example Look at the mesmer changes. Confusion was an issue and then it was removed but then Illusions spamming was brought to the meta where it is now being spammed in a lot of games. We now have a class that can fill almost everyone role with no issues at all while some other classes got small nerfs.

my thing is balance patches are always going to be a problems for certain classes or trait-lines that need to be brought down a bit the season being longer or short won't matter as much, people would just swap to the new flavor of the month to play.

But this game, historically, usually needs pretty big balance updates (things STILL haven't settled after the new elites from PoF). Maybe now that the "splits" patch coming up is setting a good precedent, we can do more frequent and smaller patches... but that hasn't been the case.

I'd rather there be an off-season for huge changes, then a "preseason" for maybe a small "tweaking" patch every week, then a full season (2 - 3 months or so) with as few changes as possible, then repeat.

@pah.4931 said:

@pah.4931 said:The problem with longer seasons is that there would be more balance patches during a season that shakes things up WAY too much (sometimes completely gutting a class) OR there would be fewer balance patches to avoid a constant flux mid-season... which is also bad.

But this game, historically, usually needs pretty big balance updates (things STILL haven't settled after the new elites from PoF). Maybe now that the "splits" patch coming up is setting a good precedent, we can do more frequent and smaller patches... but that hasn't been the case.

I'd rather there be an off-season for huge changes, then a "preseason" for maybe a small "tweaking" patch every week, then a full season (2 - 3 months or so) with as few changes as possible, then repeat.

i'll like the season to be longer to enjoy.... and have less issues with win trading and etc.. why i'll like them to check every so often with a season thats longer then what we have. This would also mean that the off season would be longer then just 2 weeks.... which again makes it pointless during that 2 weeks hardly anything ever getting fixed or balance at all hence why we been getting balance patches during middle of the season which makes no sense.... Unless their some balance patches and noting major like the last 1 for mesmers.

Theirs obv pros and cons but think about how Leagues and Smite those theirs..... it gives players time to build a solid rating while also doing constant balance patches all season long and using the off season for players to get use to the new items they added or removed.

same should be applied to gw2 these 2 weeks off or 3 weeks off don't do a single thing for anyone if noting been balance patched or add/removed for the off season to prepare for the rank season itself.

Having over 10 seasons and only a few seasons actually being solid seasons kinda shows that this season need to be brought up better and focus to spiced up a bit more then what we have now. Theirs No hype , no new rewards, and no real achievements unless you consider the titles (which if u been playing for more then 3 season should at least have a few by now).

Add A new legendary weapon or trinket to the PvP Achievement or quest( were going onto season 11 we're over due for something new that can bring players)Yes, please, so the casuals stop crying because of raid legendary armor and start complaining about something else.

Archived