Next patch scheduled with new season - mid April

Urejt.5648

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:at work sorry for not looking more into but thank you

That announcement just went up today, I think. It's what I was waiting before before blabbing the date on the forums myself. So no worries!

hey ben before my break ends, the season is going to be up for 7 weeks? Isn't this a bit shorter then usual or is it just me?

• ArenaNet Staff

@zoopop.5630 said:

That announcement just went up today, I think. It's what I was waiting before before blabbing the date on the forums myself. So no worries!

hey ben before my break ends, the season is going to be up for 7 weeks? Isn't this a bit shorter then usual or is it just me?

Still 8 weeks.

Still 8 weeks.

BEN pls pls pls gime them a shout to buff more renegade utilities (shorter cast time) and for revenant more cleanse abilities

thanks love and peace

@Solzero.5380 said:Please tell me that the skill splits and balance patch are two different things. If not, it seems really underwhelming.

I'm wondering the same myself. Would you mind confirming this for us, Ben? Is the balance patch going to be solely comprised of the released split notes Gaile posted, or is there more as well?

Thanks as always for being so active in the forums. Your contribution here alone makes a big difference.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"Solzero.5380" said:Please tell me that the skill splits and balance patch are two different things. If not, it seems really underwhelming.

I'm wondering the same myself. Would you mind confirming this for us, Ben? Is the balance patch going to be solely comprised of the released split notes Gaile posted, or is there more as well?

Thanks as always for being so active in the forums. Your contribution here alone makes a big difference.

The balance portion of the release is going to just be the split notes we previously released and bug fixes. This isn't considered a "full" balance release.

@"Solzero.5380" said:Please tell me that the skill splits and balance patch are two different things. If not, it seems really underwhelming.

The balance portion of the release is going to just be the split notes we previously released and bug fixes. This isn't considered a "full" balance release.

Do you have any idea when the next "full" balance release is? You don't have to answer, just wink if you have an idea when.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Do you have any idea when the next "full" balance release is? You don't have to answer, just wink if you have an idea when.

;)

;)

Wink is a 4 letter word so I'm assuming 4th of April 2018 - ;)

• ArenaNet Staff

@Darmikau.9413 said:Is this split going to include the suggested changes for PvE? A pretty big sticking point was that most of the buffs that are happening are for skills which see basically no use in PvE at the moment anyway.

We decided against unsplitting any of the buffs for the 3/27 release. The current plan is that unsplits, where the team finds them appropriate, will be part of the next full balance release.

@messiah.1908 said:

Still 8 weeks.

BEN pls pls pls gime them a shout to buff more renegade utilities (shorter cast time) and for revenant more cleanse abilities

thanks love and peace^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Also the WORST issue with Renegade is whenever a summon is cc'd, even by a 1/4 sec daze.They sit around for what seems to be 2-3+ seconds before starting to do their actions again..Two of the summons duration are 6s, and I generally use the elite for less than 6 seconds.Its feels really bad when they just don't work for half their duration.

There is so much pvp/ small wvw potential for Renegade and its summons. =) It just needs a bit of love on the summons, their cast times, and the shortbow.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:Not sure if troll or just doesn't follow developers statements. ArenaNet said they will have 2 week breaks in between seasons, making the actual seasons longer. So if i'm correct season 11 will start next week.

We're going to have a bit longer break between seasons this time. Currently planned for 4/3, assuming all goes as planned.

Okay thanks for the clarification, but why longer now? I'm pretty sure you guys said 2 week breaks.

Because things can change. Just because they said it once doesn't mean that it will be that way every single time.

Besides they probably want to release the balance patch at season start or just before instead of part/mid way in. Look at what happened last time they did....

Poor Anet just can't win...

You don't get to win anything if all you do is produce meagerly and inconsistently while giving no reasoning behind your actions and ignoring criticism/questions. In fact, that behavior is how you lose at everything.

@BABE.6384 said:

Still 8 weeks.

thanks love and peace^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Also the WORST issue with Renegade is whenever a summon is cc'd, even by a 1/4 sec daze.They sit around for what seems to be 2-3+ seconds before starting to do their actions again..Two of the summons duration are 6s, and I generally use the elite for less than 6 seconds.Its feels really bad when they just don't work for half their duration.

There is so much pvp/ small wvw potential for Renegade and its summons. =) It just needs a bit of love on the summons, their cast times, and the shortbow.

Yeah I would like to have a renegade I could use in wvw and pvp too. Right now I just RP with them and hear DO ME PROUD BROTHER!!! Then I am like whats this shortbow used for meatoberfest grilling the meat?

@Karnasis.6892 said:

@"Lordrosicky.5813" said:

They could "win" if they did balance patches every 2-3 weeks like normal game companies though.

The precedent for balance patches on this time frame has been set by pretty much every pvp game on the market. Falling so vastly short of this is the main reason gw2 pvp is not played much

Except this isn't a strictly PvP game. 2-3 weeks per balance patch is a bit absurd, even when they did it basically monthly in GW1 I thought it was ridiculous.

And I'm pretty sure other MMO's don't get balance patches that often. However if the next patch kills Scourge Wars 2 for WvW I would be happy XD

It isnt absurd to change 4/5 numbers every 2 weeks. Really it is super easy to code and to test. The bigger changes like reworks should be less frequent but minor number fixing should occur every few weeks. We are talking minor number changes to the most broken things

@BABE.6384 said:

Still 8 weeks.

My problem with renegarde in wvw is the trait [brutal Momentum]. This is what makes Renegarde good. "Free" 33% Crit Chance.With this and Rolling Mists you get 73% Critchance if you have Fury and Full endurance.So you can play full Valkyrie => More dmg then Glint.But your base crit chance is 27% at most now.

One dodge and you loose 33% crit chance.One hit from a Necro Shade and your Fury is gone. (40%)

So this means , its easy for your enemy to make you useless.Good luck killing people with 27% crit chance.

[brutal Momentum] is the only reason that Renegarde does more dmg then glint.And you will have to dodge in WvW.

@Chilli.2976 said:Not sure if troll or just doesn't follow developers statements. ArenaNet said they will have 2 week breaks in between seasons, making the actual seasons longer. So if i'm correct season 11 will start next week.

We're going to have a bit longer break between seasons this time. Currently planned for 4/3, assuming all goes as planned.

You really should decide on a length between seasons and stick to it. Rated is all a lot of people play for as problematic as it is I think 2 weeks is plenty. The longer it is the more you risk people wandering off to other games.

Archived