World Boss Portal Device [Merged]

That item seems to be cool tbh ;D, but I think that the addition of that kind of item would have been more efficient if locked behind a little collection instead of giving him away for 400 gems on the trading post! :/ (but still cheap) ^^ Guess I will continue to use /wiki et not really an issue, more a thought. But btw, thanks for that very cool little thing!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key features are:

• It reminds you in chat (toggle off|on)
  • It takes you to the nearest waypoint (regardless of if it's contested), at no additional cost (i.e. free).
  • Works only on Central Tyria "World Bosses"
  • Must be L80
  • Waypoint must be unlocked already.

Sounds very handy for those who like to cover world bosses but can't be bothered to navigate to them. Potentially useful to reach Tequatl or other bosses that like to shred you. Plus: only 400 gems.

added: only central Tyria bosses, link to list, only L80, WP unlocked

• ArenaNet Staff

@"kharmin.7683" said:Please merge with this thread over here. :)

Yes, done! I didn't see your note, but thanks for the suggestion. If you have a merge suggestion in the future, it would be super helpful to use the "Report" to call attention to the need, and particularly, extra special nice to include the link to the other thread(s) that are merge-worthy. :D

@Myrdreth.6829 said:I bought it, because I am lazy af. Would be nice if they could add a whole timetable for all bosses, not just show the imminent threat and the next approaching threat...and if they could show the time too. I have the item now, but I still like to take a look at the event timer on wiki because those features are missing.

Frankly, Lazy AF should be my next character's name, so I'm all over this. (btw, I have played GW2 since beta so I am not going from zero play to instant WPs everywhere... I feel like I've put in my time).

Nice QoL item and a good price too, I'll buy it when I next login (though as with many things I'll probably forget I've got it and still use /wiki et and WPs lol). My only gripe is that from the video I've seen the dialogue still appears behind the inventory window like the tomes do, would be nice if it appeared at the front. Would also be nice if we soon get the option to buy more shared inventory slots.

Anyhow I imagine it'll also be very useful for newer players who haven't yet learnt where/when world bosses spawn.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Nice QoL item and a good price too, I'll buy it when I next login (though as with many things I'll probably forget I've got it and still use /wiki et and WPs lol). My only gripe is that from the video I've seen the dialogue still appears behind the inventory window like the tomes do, would be nice if it appeared at the front. Would also be nice if we soon get the option to buy more shared inventory slots.

Anyhow I imagine it'll also be very useful for newer players who haven't yet learnt where/when world bosses spawn.

YES! It would be nice if the dialogue would show up at the front.

I can see a side use for this: Since it takes you to the wp, your alts can use it to collect some wps. Only the currently active ones, of course, but it's still a foothold in maps that might otherwise take some running.

Unless it only works on wp's you've already unlocked, of course, but that seems a finicky bit of coding ANet isn't likely to have bothered with.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:Does this work for HoT and PoF events/bosses, or only central Tyria? Want to make sure before I buy. thx

Only for Central Tyria Bosses.

Thanks so much. Dang, just went from "must buy" to "eh." :-(

@Gaile Gray.6029 since this only works with central tyria bosses, could/would you inquire about new bosses added or if there will be new devices created for each respective expansion (HoT/PoF)?

@Donari.5237 said:I can see a side use for this: Since it takes you to the wp, your alts can use it to collect some wps. Only the currently active ones, of course, but it's still a foothold in maps that might otherwise take some running.

Unless it only works on wp's you've already unlocked, of course, but that seems a finicky bit of coding ANet isn't likely to have bothered with.

Your alts have to be max level tho.

Archived