World Boss Portal Device [Merged]

@Devildoc.6721 said:I just want something that monitors the cathedral events.. either that or I should just say no more legendaries, cause waiting an hour at a time at those events is just not fun but porting in and then leaving and finding out that the event started just after you left also not fun.

The Orrian temple events aren't on a timer and they vary for each map instance.I'd like it if ANet would at least let us know the cooldown of the event chains (how long between successful defense and next attack, how long after reclaiming before first attack, etc). And to indicate on within the map's UI description how long remains. Figuring that out back in the day could be fun; these days, it no longer fits with the rest of the game, which means no one is prepared for the uncertainty.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be a good idea to add the fact that it cannot be used until level 80 to the gem store description. I looked at it on my second account where the highest level character is level 23 and there was absolutely nothing to suggest I couldn't use it if I bought it. I can imagine some players being very disappointed if they buy it when they're still new and find they have to reach level 80 to use it.

Just a bit of extra info, it doesn't teleport you if you're already somewhere else in the same map. I was mapping on an alt and a WB was about to pop at a WP in part of the map I hadn't yet 'unfogged' and it gave me a message along the lines of not possible.

Not an issue by any means as it's an unlikely scenario and with mounts it takes no time at all to race across the map, and I still think the device was a fantastic buy.

What was the design decision to use the old dialogue system for a QoL like this? Isn't it better to have it as a toggle option? It just feels it belongs into the option alongside the AoE auto-loot you also unlock through Central Tyrian mastery.

This way it just uses up space in the inventory (usually account slots I guess it is for most people). I am confused, this could have been a Commander mastery easily with all the remaining central tyrian points there are. I am max mastery level and still have about 15 and didn't even try todo the achievements and collect them.

I just hate it when dialogue system is used for something completely different than dialogue. Throws me out of immersion and makes me think of why there is never work being done on new UI elements.

It is nice thing to have though, just the implementation isn't what I would have expected.

@Nekres.1038 said:Wow this forum really is negative and unable to create discussion as I have heard numerous times. cYa guess I quit the game at the right time

If you quit the game then it’s not a concern of yours.

However I expect it was made an item for a couple of reasons1) 400 gems2) many people who are still working in their Tyrian mastery track don’t have excess mastery points to use on this sort of thing.3) it’s undoubtedly a lot easier to make a gizmo than to change the Tyrian mastery track up

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Nekres.1038" said:Wow this forum really is negative and unable to create discussion as I have heard numerous times. cYa guess I quit the game at the right time

If you quit the game then it’s not a concern of yours.

However I expect it was made an item for a couple of reasons1) 400 gems2) many people who are still working in their Tyrian mastery track don’t have excess mastery points to use on this sort of thing.3) it’s undoubtedly a lot easier to make a gizmo than to change the Tyrian mastery track up

And don't forget:4) People with neither PoF not HoT cannot train Central Tyria mastery tracks. It would seem perverse(1) for an item that monitors CT world bosses to require a non-CT expansion.

(1) This word is not a synonym for "perverted", thanks.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:Just a bit of extra info, it doesn't teleport you if you're already somewhere else in the same map. I was mapping on an alt and a WB was about to pop at a WP in part of the map I hadn't yet 'unfogged' and it gave me a message along the lines of not possible.

Not an issue by any means as it's an unlikely scenario and with mounts it takes no time at all to race across the map, and I still think the device was a fantastic buy.

I believe this is to stop you from using it while you're dead for free[if you die at WB](though you still can if you tp to home instance and back, but then you might lose your spot, and/or wb might die while loading lol)

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Because, if they'd added it to the Pact Commander line, those that had HOT would've complained there aren't enough central tyrian mastery points available to max the new ability and those that don't have HOT would've complained about pay walls.

I think you mean living world season 2 hot got only hot mastery points so cant help with central tyria lines.

Archived