Please Hire Jeff Lynne to do a living story chapter soundtrack

You're referencing something that's only had a screening at SXSW. Can't really call it a phenomenal success yet till it has it global release.

I was referring to the novel actually. NOT the movie. However, the fact that it has become a movie does support my supposition.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:

You're referencing something that's only had a screening at SXSW. Can't really call it a phenomenal success yet till it has it global release.

I was referring to the novel actually. NOT the movie. However, the fact that it has become a movie does support my supposition.

I don't know, some pretty crap novels have been made into some pretty crap movies... :o

@robertthebard.8150 said:

I don't know, some pretty crap novels have been made into some pretty crap movies... :o

Yep, 50 shades of grey, for example.

That said I don't see what the novel Ready Player One has to do with the ELO. Can anyone enlighten me?

I have no idea what prompted this, but I'm glad there is at least one other soul left on the planet that feels Jeff Lynne is genius. Let's not forget his producing work, which includes the best Petty solo and Heartbreaker albums. Plus Wilburys. Out of the Blue is still one of the greatest things to listen to with the headset on. Side 3.

! Except Discovery. We'll pretend that never happened. :angry:

That said I don't see what the novel Ready Player One has to do with the ELO. Can anyone enlighten me?

"Ready Player One"'s HUGE success largely relies on smart and vivid references to late 70's early 80's Arcade Pop Culture. ELO is the heart and soul of that niche of pop culture. Every ELO song can easily accompany the bings and bongs of pinball jackpots, along with the flashing lights of the roller rink.

ELO (Jeff Lynne) IS a distinct, marrow level, part of the culture that Ernie Cline depicted in his novel.

The reason noone came out and said it, is to those who are familiar with "ready player one", it is obvious.

No, as much of a good writer and musician he is...there's no reason to break the bank and waste that much money(from limited resources) for just the music of a single LW episode, and don't think for a moment that Lynne would offer some kind of discount...it would literally cost more than you're willing to pay.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:

The success of the novel had something to do with the music? Come on.

• 1 year later...

Yep, each new LW should have a retro pop composer do the sound track. I'm sure there would be enough fans of these entertainers to push sales. They should start with the obvious David Bowie, Ian Anderson, Thunderclap Newman, Todd Rundgren, Michael Oldfield, John McLaughlin, Robert Fripp, Edgar Froese, Jon Anderson and maybe Roger Waters. Anyway good plan! and hats off...

@"Spamwagon.1972" said:

I was referring to the novel actually. NOT the movie. However, the fact that it has become a movie does support my supposition.I actually read the novel, and found it to be some kind of museum of assorted references to "everything 80s", specifically tinkered to play on nostalgia those who associate themselves with this era. As a literature work it was rather generic, boring and shallow.

That said, it has little to do with subject of this thread. The music referenced in first posts is totally alien to the general vibe of this game. It will be horrible experience, like all those lore-breaking characters wearing wings or norn characters in some pink fairy outfits. Don't want any more of such trash, especially in LWS which should define heart of the game's world, its lore.

Archived