pve new player solo gaming

Rockho.8716

Don't prepare! Revenant is a bag of various playstyles, as he should be. He's intented to be heavy weight version of elementalist or engineer. While not as complex as them he is versatile.

So just hop on it, and try out various legends, weapons, have fun with it! Then see for yourself what strikes your fancy! Once you decide on that feel free to gear up for that particular playstyle!

either you got the wrong link (don't copy the browser's adress bar, but instead use the "Get quick Link" button below the build), or you didn't finish it.Anyway as much as i love herald ...well...you're gonna have to get to lvl 80 and unlock him first. If you're going with rev from lvl 1, you won't be getting your hands on herald for a while.

Other then that first finish your build on gw2skills net, then post it so we can give you some pointers other then "wear rest of your armor and not just helm", or "equipping and choosing things in spec lines is better then not"...

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:either you got the wrong link (don't copy the browser's adress bar, but instead use the "Get quick Link" button below the build), or you didn't finish it.Anyway as much as i love herald ...well...you're gonna have to get to lvl 80 and unlock him first. If you're going with rev from lvl 1, you won't be getting your hands on herald for a while.

Other then that first finish your build on gw2skills net, then post it so we can give you some pointers other then "wear rest of your armor and not just helm", or "equipping and choosing things in spec lines is better then not"...

ahh sory dude now game player build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmn7ak4mE5okJpEapEorklNFKdDfYEtB4ALwegHchA-jhjAQBd4QAEINBeUJkHOCAQR5TCOBA5SJIAeAAQU9nopFQdLM0l9BAoOA0Z+iUALKaD-e

Herald condition can work just fine, it has far better aoe capability then power. That being said that devastation line doesn't do build favours.If you're going condi I would advice retribution or invocation instead. And if just getting to know rev, then definitely retribution. Planar protection is just diamonds in HoT maps and you'll need every bit of defense you can get early on.

If you however feel more confident about your ability to survive then invocation has a lot of nice utility and damage options for you to grab.Also i don't know about investing into healing power. Thing is, that for it to work, you need a lot of it and a selection of skills that have good scaling with healing power (quite a few don't). In plain english shield is one such thing that benefits off healing power, but you're not using that in your build, so wasted stat imho.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Herald condition can work just fine, it has far better aoe capability then power. That being said that devastation line doesn't do build favours.If you're going condi I would advice retribution or invocation instead. And if just getting to know rev, then definitely retribution. Planar protection is just diamonds in HoT maps and you'll need every bit of defense you can get early on.

If you however feel more confident about your ability to survive then invocation has a lot of nice utility and damage options for you to grab.Also i don't know about investing into healing power. Thing is, that for it to work, you need a lot of it and a selection of skills that have good scaling with healing power (quite a few don't). In plain english shield is one such thing that benefits off healing power, but you're not using that in your build, so wasted stat imho.

without pof package i guess i have to go to power build

can you suggest a good power build for i

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApemn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrkFUlxO92nPNgCSQtiPGB-jBiAQBR7UA0l9BopSQA8EAOl6PkU5HA1HouFGIFAE70A-e

Power aspect goes out the window, but you got much more condi damage and toughness. You can gear settler (also cheapo) if you're willing to get some healing power and bit more toughness in exchange for vitality and bit less condi damage. Apothecary can do same, only with more healing power, and tougness being same as dire.

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApemn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrkFUlxO92nPNgCSQtiPGB-jBiAQBR7UA0l9BopSQA8EAOl6PkU5HA1HouFGIFAE70A-e

Power aspect goes out the window, but you got much more condi damage and toughness. You can gear settler (also cheapo) if you're willing to get some healing power and bit more toughness in exchange for vitality and bit less condi damage. Apothecary can do same, only with more healing power, and tougness being same as dire.

I invented to do this by spending all my money

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscin3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFqdABICsj5MtxOgJshA-jxSBQBJU9HAcKAynOAUoFYf7PkRlZU4BAcFlGmRJIe0EshjAQAgDAuOAAA-e

@Rockho.8716 said:

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

Here are some tweaks to your build that will let you have a MUCH easier/more fun time...

Invocation: 1-3-3

• While Forceful Persistence is definitely the trait that you'd want in a group, you literally need Cleansing Chanel for solo play--especially on HoT maps, otherwise you can very easily get stuck with a huge stack of bleed/torment/poison and have no way to survive it. It also lets you cleanse without sapping to staff and being able to camp your swords will out dps the 7% from FP every time.
  • Incensed Response is probably the single strongest trait Heralds have at their disposal. It lets you spike to 25 might almost instantly in a fight, which is where the bulk of a Herald's damage output comes from (its boons).
  • Rolling Mists lets you approach 100% crit while solo, which is something most classes can't do. Take advantage of this, especially if you're building for Ferocity. A case can also be made for Charged Mists, but honestly I think you get a lot more from RM as it's something that you take advantage of in EVERY FIGHT. Charged Mists is really only good for long boss fights. Song of the Mists is okay too, but it's really only noticeable/useful against groups of enemies.

Devestation: 2-3-1

• What you have is fine, but you might want to try out Swift Termination > Assassin's Annihlation. Both are good, but you don't do a ton of flanking when yer by yourself.

Herald: 3-2-1

• Hardening persistence is crazy strong for solo open world. That little bit of bonus toughness goes a long way. Also, the other two traits are borderline useless here.

Obviously, almost anything works in the open world... But this is just what I find the most effective (I run Glint/Shiro, Full Zerker/Scholar, Dual Sword/Staff).

Don't be afraid to experiment and work things out on your own, that's what open world is all about. Happy revving...!

@narcx.3570 said:

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

Here are some tweaks to your build that will let you have a MUCH easier/more fun time...

Invocation: 1-3-3
  • While Forceful Persistence is definitely the trait that you'd want in a group, you literally need Cleansing Chanel for solo play--especially on HoT maps, otherwise you can very easily get stuck with a huge stack of bleed/torment/poison and have no way to survive it. It also lets you cleanse without sapping to staff and being able to camp your swords will out dps the 7% from FP every time.
  • Incensed Response is probably the single strongest trait Heralds have at their disposal. It lets you spike to 25 might almost instantly in a fight, which is where the bulk of a Herald's damage output comes from (its boons).
  • Rolling Mists lets you approach 100% crit while solo, which is something most classes can't do. Take advantage of this, especially if you're building for Ferocity. A case can also be made for Charged Mists, but honestly I think you get a lot more from RM as it's something that you take advantage of in EVERY FIGHT. Charged Mists is really only good for long boss fights. Song of the Mists is okay too, but it's really only noticeable/useful against groups of enemies.

Devestation: 2-3-1
  • What you have is fine, but you might want to try out Swift Termination > Assassin's Annihlation. Both are good, but you don't do a ton of flanking when yer by yourself.

Herald: 3-2-1
  • Hardening persistence is crazy strong for solo open world. That little bit of bonus toughness goes a long way. Also, the other two traits are borderline useless here.

Obviously, almost anything works in the open world... But this is just what I find the most effective (I run Glint/Shiro, Full Zerker/Scholar, Dual Sword/Staff).

Don't be afraid to experiment and work things out on your own, that's what open world is all about. Happy revving...!

Thanks for the clarification and fine tuning this has been useful to me

@Rockho.8716 said:Is there a suggestion for PvP s / s buildi :)

I use the same build, except I sometimes go Infused Light> Hardening Persistence and Assassin's Annihilation > Swift Termination, but I go back and forth on those.

And then Marauder Amulet/Runes of Leadership or Surging + Sigil of Exploitation/Quickness on swords and Evocation and Escape or Energy on my staff...

@Haelow.7243 said:I've read through the posts here, as I'm gonna roll a Revenant myself. I noticed that @ZeftheWicked.3076 mentioned Revenant capable of many playstyles. I'm curious to know what the real difference in play style is between Power and Condi? Is Condi more AoE, Mob damage in general, or is that Power?

Mmmmm, sort of... Almost everything you do as a condi renegade is AoE, but power herald has excellent cleave if you backpedal a bit to cause the mobs to bunch in front of you, so either is strong in that regard.

If I had to sum up the differences I'd probably say that Condi Renegade has a much higher dps potential--especially in a group--but Power Herald (or even power Ren to a point) has much greater survivability. Condi Renegade has a more traditional, skill usage based dps rotation, whereas Power Herald does a lot of auto attacking while channeling a legend and practicing more adaptive energy management than renegade does with its set rotation. Power Herald is a much stronger choice for solo play due to it's insane self buffing power, but Condi Renegade is much better in an organized group where you don't need to byoBoons.

If you are serous about raiding, you basically need to go condi renegade at this point tho, or you will have insane difficulty in finding a group. If you never plan on raiding, either is fine and it comes down to play style preference... I dunno, try em both out in PvP to see which you like better since gearing/skill point unlocks are free there. But, like, don't let your pvp experience be your complete deciding factor because Renegade is beyond broken horrible in there, haha.

Then again condi Herald can have much better survivability then any power build, since power herald has to put on a lot of squishy gear to do damage, while power renegade can build more tanky stats, but he's not a herald so there goes the shield and all defensive herald-exclusive benefits.

As for playstyle - power rev feels close to thief - lotsa gap closers, great burst, fast playstyle. But bottom line is he's a melee sword user (and hammer for range), which means very little aoe, you play bit like warrior - you have to get them in your face, or take them out 1 by 1.

Condi style is indeed far more aoe, and let's you do bit of kiting if done right. Also if it's ranged damage you need (something that' rev's achilles' heel), only shortbow (so condi) on renegade offers some real options. Hammer is far too slow to output real dps in things like raids of high end fracs.

Archived