Comparing activity between tiers (EU)

FogLeg.9354

I was arguing with other player few days ago about how much is happening in different tiers. I was told "all tiers below T1 are dead" and "everyone has transferred to T1 already". So I pulled data from wvwstats and here is the chart:https://i.imgur.com/C3yiIYs.pngImage

This shows total number of kills in each tier for that week (I did not use Activity number because it just doubles the kills in tier when combining 3 servers). No PPT. Last 4 completed matches were used.

First of, there is not that much difference between T1 and other tiers. Some weeks lower tiers have even gathered more kills (more fights, more action, more fun). Usually most tiers end up with fairly similar number (obviously servers change tiers so sometimes there are sudden spike or drop).

And there is fairly big drop last week accross all tiers. No idea what caused it.

there is months on the X axis , thought it is about weeks. and you said its total number of kills yet we already got more then 30k kills in this matchup, your highest in the graph is below 20k..big drop lastweek, might be people did the new pve stuff on the weekend instead of midweek when the patch arrived. cause you know when you play alot of WvW you are typically in to pve ;)

I just pulled data from wvwstats, there is huge difference between EU and US servers if you look at the history of activity in matches. Something could be bugged of course. For example all EU servers look like their activity in historical data is divided by 10.

If it is bugged for all EU servers same way, it does not really change relations between tiers. Just numbers grow bigger.

If you have better data somewhere, I will of course update the graph :)

because of the relinkings often Server with higher Population get linked with lower Tiers. so anet pushes every 2 month Players from t1, t2 to t4,t5. otherwise the difference would be greater. but yes number differences between t1 and t5 are not that great and also skill is nearly equal because of mixing by relinkings.

i think greatest difference is the playstile Servers have. in t1 Players blob way more than in t5 where many Players also run in small Groups (that you will never find in t1). but the greater blobs finally win more skirmishes (and also MUs), so they are t1.

@Zero.3871 said:because of the relinkings often Server with higher Population get linked with lower Tiers. so anet pushes every 2 month Players from t1, t2 to t4,t5. otherwise the difference would be greater. but yes number differences between t1 and t5 are not that great and also skill is nearly equal because of mixing by relinkings.

i think greatest difference is the playstile Servers have. in t1 Players blob way more than in t5 where many Players also run in small Groups (that you will never find in t1). but the greater blobs finally win more skirmishes (and also MUs), so they are t1.

great blobs do not win skirmishes, higher total numbers do. but if you have 1x 50 man blob against 5 x 10 man group, the smaller groups will win. so that is not a playstyle issue but a total numbers/coverage issue we got, else tier 1 would be full of havoc groups, not blobs .

Yeah it's coverage. (and a difference in quality; if you look at the kdr.)I'm not sure anyone, but Deso/WSR cares about 'winning' either, or maybe it's just ktrainers and pip farmers that moved here. Drakkar can't even defend their own keeps during the weekend and SM is almost always T3 during the day, it's pretty dead for everyone.

You in DL are lucky to fight Deso only 1 week. We in Gandara been stuck with them for 2 months now :)I think it will finally affect Deso players too, lately they have been asking us questions like "where is everyone?" and "we do not want to fight 50 vs 10, can you bring more people?". Which we can only reply that matchup is so boring and many players in Gandara have left or taking a break, guilds have been disbanded and that 10 player group is best we have.

@Zero.3871 said:because of the relinkings often Server with higher Population get linked with lower Tiers. so anet pushes every 2 month Players from t1, t2 to t4,t5. otherwise the difference would be greater. but yes number differences between t1 and t5 are not that great and also skill is nearly equal because of mixing by relinkings.

Does not happen every time. In last relink both Gandara and Deso kept their links while every other EN server were shuffled around. Both have now had same link for 3 months so any different playstyle between host and link has probably faded off already.

@"FogLeg.9354" said:I was told "all tiers below T1 are dead"

Then they probably haven't played the game very long (and are probably a PvE hero), because if they had and compared T1 now to T1 back say when it was SFR + Deso + x, then they would know every tier in this game is a dead joke including T1, which is even more tragic given tiers these days are normally made up of 5-7 servers...

@zinkz.7045 said:

@"FogLeg.9354" said:I was told "all tiers below T1 are dead"

Then they probably haven't played the game very long (and are probably a PvE hero), because if they had and compared T1 now to T1 back say when it was SFR + Deso + x, then they would know every tier in this game is a dead joke including T1, which is even more tragic given tiers these days are normally made up of 5-7 servers...

i can only tell if anet confirms they didnt upgrade their WvW servers.if they didnt your right if they did im not sure..

basically T1 what ur talking about was so horrible it was lag fest servers couldnt even handle it.fuck it was the reason i left sfr to go on fow till fow went really really bad i went fsp cus it was always hanging around t3 back then..t1 was horrible for anet servers.

Archived