Servers are unplayable

I'd like to preface this by saying that I currently get exceptional performance in every game I play. Every game I play besides GuildWars 2. It wasn't always this way. I have returned after a hiatus when PoF launched. PoF day one ran fantastic. What in hell is going on? I've played this game for five years. I have to be entirely honest about this game, and say it does NOT make itself accessible to returning or new players. This is made drastically WORSE by the absolutely terrible ping spikes I'm getting (1000+).

I know there are other threads about this, but I wanted to make my own. I am ready to give up on this game for good, and it's seriously fucking disappointing.

I've tried for two days to play my GW2, W/O success. I can login with password, pick my character, click play, but it is unable to get past the "Hoelbrak" screen. I wait several minutes and sometimes will get the message "unable to connect to server. Please try again later"

I have tried logging into my account / support to submit a ticket, but can't get connected. It seems as though I can't connect to anything related to Anet/GW2. Even GW2 Wiki will not load. I've checked the internet for any discussion on server relayed issues, but find nothing.

Please do not ask me to log into my account and submit a support ticket, as I cannot get connected.

Regards, Col. Scott Mitchell USMC

If you look at any games forum, there are a bunch of people running into this. It has to do with how routing works. It has little to do with you or arenanet. An internet route is how you go from a to b. Most commonly you are transferred to a location over the best roads, but sometimes the GPS puts you over a dirttrack I need the outback while it makes no sense at all.

The first person responsible is your ISP, but to be honest, do not bother to contact them. All first line call scripts will blame it on Arenanet (while that is nonsens, if it was something on their end, everyone would have issues), and that blocks you for getting it resolved. The other reason is that this is a supplier issue. There will be little your ISP can do about it as it has to do with their supplier as well.

So basically, you have two options. The first is to quit playing (atleast for now). The other is to change your ISP. When you do the later, make sure you do not go for a provider that uses the same supplier. Ask around how he experience is with it and make sure they do better.If you do quit, do know the situation can change cause the internet changes all the time. So maybe it is better in 4 months, or a year.

Problem resolved. Noticed that both my GW2 PC and my laptop were loading sights slowly. I decided to visit my ISP site to run a "speed test". As a result, I discovered that instead of running at 10+ mbps, I was running at 3+ mbps. I disconnected the modem for a minute, then plugged it in. That fixed the problem. I'm back at 10+ mbps and in GW2 again.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:If you look at any games forum, there are a bunch of people running into this. It has to do with how routing works. It has little to do with you or arenanet. An internet route is how you go from a to b. Most commonly you are transferred to a location over the best roads, but sometimes the GPS puts you over a dirttrack I need the outback while it makes no sense at all.

The first person responsible is your ISP, but to be honest, do not bother to contact them. All first line call scripts will blame it on Arenanet (while that is nonsens, if it was something on their end, everyone would have issues), and that blocks you for getting it resolved. The other reason is that this is a supplier issue. There will be little your ISP can do about it as it has to do with their supplier as well.

So basically, you have two options. The first is to quit playing (atleast for now). The other is to change your ISP. When you do the later, make sure you do not go for a provider that uses the same supplier. Ask around how he experience is with it and make sure they do better.If you do quit, do know the situation can change cause the internet changes all the time. So maybe it is better in 4 months, or a year.

Spectrum has a monopoly on my area. Switching isn't an option. Can't say I would switch just for one game anyways.

Archived