Which region/server for SEA/OCX? (Prime time population)

mkasu.8935

I'm currently playing from Japan, UTC+9 (similar to West/Central Australia). My characters are (for legacy reasons) on EU-Desolation, which is the fullest EU server. During my play time (let's say 10pm~2am), I often struggle to find bigger WvW groups to join. Would moving to a NA server help?

I found posts from years ago saying SoS would be an unofficial OCX server, but also posts from 2017 saying that the OCX/SEA population depleted.

What's the current state? Also, with the upcoming WvW changes, would moving to NA region help me?

These are the lists for the current match.

ng9Y7Ms.jpg

miiDDAH.jpg

Keep in mind certain matchups will differ, like any 3rd place server will probably do terrible in t1 but do great in t2 for their time zone, I believe FA has a stronger ocx than they currently have listed this week. While SoS does have a good ocx population, SoS has the lowest ppk % of points of all servers which means they don't get a lot of points from fighting but from their structures.

The goal of the upcoming alliance format for forming worlds is to make coverage for all time zones more even for all servers, there may be some restrictions in the rebalances for EU since they have different languages to deal with, like they currently do for relinks. But that's probably at least another 6 months from happening.

Also.. NSP being listed as 12th in OCX in the last tier matchup should probably tell you something there.

@mkasu.8935 said:I'm currently playing from Japan, UTC+9 (similar to West/Central Australia). My characters are (for legacy reasons) on EU-Desolation, which is the fullest EU server. During my play time (let's say 10pm~2am), I often struggle to find bigger WvW groups to join. Would moving to a NA server help?

I found posts from years ago saying SoS would be an unofficial OCX server, but also posts from 2017 saying that the OCX/SEA population depleted.

What's the current state? Also, with the upcoming WvW changes, would moving to NA region help me?

Come to Yaks Bend. [ODA]Drifters Inc Welcomes you. Just pm me. We recruiting players who want to learn and improve.

EU is in general more active and more skilled than NA (NA is pretty awful in most competitive type games), but a lot of people in our region play on NA for ping reasons.

SoS is still relatively active in OCX/SEA compared to other servers so feel free to make an alt to take a look around.

SEA is rapidly dying, a lot already went to play other games such as BDO SEA.

Dragonbrand that used to field 2 maps during that time, now fields little while once a blue moon, on holidays, you might see a blob.My guild which used to have close to 100 online during that time now only has 60 online.The korean wvw guilds I know of are also gone as well.

All SEA have declined and any server that you think has not declined are just merely replaced by early NA players, basically stacked server.

In any case, I suggest you to look for guilds and not for server since SEA is heavily influenced by guilds than pug commanders in most part.

If you want to ktrain and roll people down with "organised" numbers, you can join the stacked servers - Very High pop serverIf you want to fight and learn how to fight, you have to join the outnumbered servers - High and below pop server

Edit: Also, upcoming Bless Online which is b2p game will be released this year so yet more populations will be gone.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"Limodriver.4106" said:XenesisII.1540 where those # come from?

That thing is a bad indicator for populations activity since it doesn't account for avoiding fights and hugging sieges which happened for whatever reasons, the time slice is also different from actual SEA prime time as it include past midnight.For example, FA is t1 yet rank last in SEA, don't make sense. It is very misleading overall, don't use that.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

That thing is a bad indicator for populations activity since it doesn't account for avoiding fights and hugging sieges which happened for whatever reasons, the time slice is also different from actual SEA prime time as it include past midnight.For example, FA is t1 yet rank last in SEA, don't make sense. It is very misleading overall, don't use that.

FA is only in T1 because the other two from T-2 tanked harder that week.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

Did you miss the part where I explained that matchups differ and have an affect on time zones in which I used FA as the example for showing weaker in ocx because they're in t1 when they're better in t2?

NSP was suggested to the OP, while NSP is currently 12th in OCX and 4-5th in every other zone in the last tier. Which do I believe here the suggestion or the charts?

The charts are per week and every tier is going to affect the zones differently, if anyone is looking to move they should look at the charts over a period of weeks to see how well a certain server is doing expecially if you are looking for anything involving t1 or t2.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yet his point still stands on that wvwstats timezone site. It does some unknown voodoo based on kills, deaths, and warscore per timezone (seems like it adds them up). It assumes that players are going to be PvDooring if there is no one to fight against.

@Chaba.5410 said:

Yet his point still stands on that wvwstats timezone site. It does some unknown voodoo based on kills, deaths, and warscore per timezone (seems like it adds them up). It assumes that players are going to be PvDooring if there is no one to fight against.

Yeah, I know.. It's just a lot of those stats are...... odd.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Did you miss the part where I explained that matchups differ and have an affect on time zones in which I used FA as the example for showing weaker in ocx because they're in t1 when they're better in t2?

NSP was suggested to the OP, while NSP is currently 12th in OCX and 4-5th in every other zone in the last tier. Which do I believe here the suggestion or the charts?

The charts are per week and every tier is going to affect the zones differently, if anyone is looking to move they should look at the charts over a period of weeks to see how well a certain server is doing expecially if you are looking for anything involving t1 or t2.

I know, I didn't bother to quote the whole thing. Still, it is misleading, even if you think that putting a side note to it make it less misleading, doesn't change the fact it is misleading. Newbies (barely touch the game) will never ever able determine what is accurate and inaccurate, likewise how your side note is gonna lead them to what is accurate, finally even able understand what all these numbers means....

Also, quite a number of people in the past have used that site's ambiguity to shill and spread fuds, is unhealthy, for both the game and the newbies.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:I know, I didn't bother to quote the whole thing. Still, it is misleading, even if you think that putting a side note to it make it less misleading, doesn't change the fact it is misleading. Newbies (barely touch the game) will never ever able determine what is accurate and inaccurate, likewise how your side note is gonna lead them to what is accurate, finally even able understand what all these numbers means....

Also, quite a number of people in the past have used that site's ambiguity to shill and spread fuds, is unhealthy, for both the game and the newbies.

And players just suggesting a server can also be misleading and not accurate. I'd rather also have some data to look at, gives me some idea of how a time zone performs, regardless of what you personally think is missing.

Archived