What are your GW 2 Pet Peeves?

Cyrin.1035

There's always something in a game that isn't major or game-ending but it really bugs you and you know the whole experience would be a lot better without these things. So without getting too negative... (let this be a constructive thread the devs can look at for feedback) What are your main pet peeves in GW 2?

"Pet Peeve":"Something that a particular person finds especially annoying."

For me it's these top 3:

1. Over-the-top aggro mechanics.
  2. Over-the-top use of CC in PvE. There are other ways to make combat more challenging and skillful, instead of more annoying.
  3. Other players jumping in on your fights in PvE when you're soloing or on the golem you're using when you're testing builds in the PvP lobby. (They are for everyone and they are limited in quantity, yes, however, there is an undeniable instinctual/primitive reaction most players have to just jump on whatever someone else is fighting and it overrides common courtesy. (This would easily be solved and profitable by letting players buy a practice golem on the gem store for their home instance.)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Cyrin.1035" said:

1. Other players jumping in on your fights in PvE when you're soloing or on the golem you're using when you're testing builds in the PvP lobby. (They are for everyone and they are limited in quantity, yes, however, there is an undeniable instinctual/primitive reaction most players have to just jump on whatever someone else is fighting and it overrides common courtesy. (This would easily be solved and profitable by letting players buy a practice golem on the gem store for their home instance.)

Why are you using golems in the PvP lobby? Just use the better one in the raid lobby that nobody can interrupt you in ._.Even if, for some reason, you need to use the pvp golems to test a build just use the indestructible one. I don't even understand how there is a problem for you.

Anet allowing dps meters.

Minor/major sigils/runes clogging my inventory.

No option to turn off skill/visual effects of other characters.

No option to turn off annoying sounds like Tome spam and Bee infusion (but keep stuff like background music and other sounds).

No option to disable idle animations.

No option to hide weapons out of combat.

Horrible matchmaking in PvPWhy do everyone within five city blocks need to hear when you use a Tome of Knowledge?No option to tone down the Disney fireworks in large battlesMinor/Major sigils and runes still aren't treated as junk at vendorsCustom music seriously needs an upgrade or makeover.Soulbound items. This needs to go. Badly.Armor designs that look like X-Mas trees on steroids.Maps where you can't stand in one place without having something that wants to kill you within a five feet radius.

Lack of a visual effects slider, which leads to my being unable to enjoy large group content without having to log off due to headache.

Lack of a breadth of cosmetic options which do not involve long-coats, half-capes, or other drapery.

Only 19 characters allowed in character names. So many options -- otherwise acceptable to the rules -- ruled out because they would be 20-25 characters long

Denial of the use of hyphens and apostrophes; these rules prevent using names like Paco d'Albondiga or Grace Tyler-March. Also, words after a space are capitalized, which turns names such as Regina de Metellis to Regina De Metellis -- which just looks wrong.

Most things have been stated that I find annoying which arebalancing of the different classes with a bit towards abilities that rely on path finding over rocky terrain where a jump may be needed to get across,the npcs allies that do not agro onto current enemies you are fighting and continue to fight said enemies while you are down and not reviving you,the lack of unique skins for each tier of crafting weapons with all using same model with a different hue and the lvl 80 exotic pearl skins look fugly for me,a little bit of the tier crafted armor which look bland/reusing same design and themes (handkerchief for meds for all tiers, scale like armor for heavy splint and others)the range of npcs that can be agro and if stepped out will break off and start healing back to full health while you cannot rengage them till they hit their starting point or whatever line they cross to be agro again( I would always kite them in a circle that will move since they move until they stop attacking and go back to full health),the whole agro range which I somewhat understand to stop people from cheesing some enemies, but I find it annoying to deal with if I am in my DE thief, mortar engi, or any other long range class weapons.

That is it for now.

@"Cyrin.1035" said:What are your main pet peeves in GW 2?

1. Braham and Taimi's "juvenile", disrespectful behavior and pseudo-cool modern language, Rytlock's constant complaining and whining.
  2. The lack of further personal story content.
  3. No variations of content based on your race, profession, selected personality, or dialogue choices.

...my post disappeared. Okay then. To reiterate, my pet peeves are:

• NPC's who stand around talking about the weather while the player character gets beaten to a fine pulp two feet away. The combat AI is...bad. Very bad. Sometimes amusingly so, but it's still frustrating.
  • A wardrobe system that's restricted by armor weight. :(
  • No option to turn down/off visual effects. Lowering post-processing seems to help a little, but not much.

@TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

@"Cyrin.1035" said:
  1. Other players jumping in on your fights in PvE when you're soloing or on the golem you're using when you're testing builds in the PvP lobby. (They are for everyone and they are limited in quantity, yes, however, there is an undeniable instinctual/primitive reaction most players have to just jump on whatever someone else is fighting and it overrides common courtesy. (This would easily be solved and profitable by letting players buy a practice golem on the gem store for their home instance.)

Why are you using golems in the PvP lobby? Just use the better one in the raid lobby that nobody can interrupt you in ._.Even if, for some reason, you need to use the pvp golems to test a build just use the indestructible one. I don't even understand how there is a problem for you.

Where is that golem? You mean the one in the special forces area that requires a raid squad to enter? I use PvP mode to test builds on new char professions I don't currently have. Testing damage speed, condition stacks, and other effects is impossible when another player is attacking the golem regardless if it's indestructible or not.

Rifle Range especially for dead eye same as a long bow it should be long bow range standing minimum and at least 2k range kneeling. Some military's have had snipers up to a mile an a half one shot one kill that is way farther than a virtual 1200-1500 feet dead eye has to set up for one shot and it is kind of unfair that they cannot stay out of range of a long bow which can hit several times using only 1 skill. The pupose of a dead eye is a sniper class I love the idea if the range was increased at least that few seconds someone has to go from 1500 to 2000 would give them a chance to kill their opponents

Also I do hate the path to target thing for thieves is very wrong thief is the only profession with a trap that has a 10,000 range. Problem is it cannot be used like it should be able to. The skill is Shadow trap when triggered it is suppose to bring the thief back to that exact spot to attack the foe it also gives buffs to give more damage. It is not designed to go through walls, but it is also not designed to fail every time either. It should not need a direct path since it has a 360 degree range times 10k. So if a thief goes through areas and can make it there on any path open doors etc. then they should be able to shadow step back to the point they set the trap. They do that for the Mesmer portals why not this. I have done the Mesmer portal where there is no clear path to target. I did it with that broken pyramid to get that egg for the griffon. In fact I was the Mesmer that did it I set the portal then used a tele to friend set the next one down and brought another friend with the Mesmer portal did not have a clear path at all. With Shadow trap if there is a higher or lower elevation on pretty much semi even ground cant use it no path to target. That's just crazy

Mordremoth's stupid face.

In all seriousness, I hate being feared off a ledge. This hasn't happened a lot, but when I first started playing it was an annoying issue. (I finally worked strategies in, but even so I'd still run into that problem from time to time.) I'm also not too fond of rude/arrogant people for obvious reasons. That's more personal taste though, I reckon.

Top 3.

1. "Universal Counter" mechanics; makes the game feel so dumbed down compared to GW1. (eg, dodge makes you immune to EVERYTHING; condi clear affects ALL debuffs, CC and DPS effects, etc.)
  2. 6 months between balance passes. Really?
  3. elitist frac and raid community. I just want to play, I don't care if your completion time is +2 seconds then your last run, boo frikken hoo.

1. elitist frac and raid community. I just want to play, I don't care if your completion time is +2 seconds then your last run, boo frikken hoo.

Have you considered making your own parties?The reason they care anout those two seconds is because mechanics can proc during those seconds.Trust me, I’ve seen Gorseval erode the world, killing everyone. But then he dies of conditions just half a second begore the fight resets. Thats how tight some raid fights can get. Then you really wished you hadn’t delayed those two seconds. (No, I’m not exaggerating)

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:Anet leaving certain story threads hanging and messily unresolved, like with Zojja's condition being left to speculation thanks to the shoddy storytelling of LWS3 Ep. 1.

I'm sure there are other hanging story threads but that's what's on my mind and what really matters to me.

Malemodies, Zojja, some personal story threads, i wholly agree there.I thought we got the Current Events to fix these holes, but apparantly not..

Archived