What are your GW 2 Pet Peeves?

Cyrin.1035

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

story’sand forced story’s for griffon or other things. 32 slot bag.black lion chest loot.no option to reset story at low lvl. anet know we do key runs. delete every time.repair in wvsw. i hate the icon. and i want it away for always in wvsw. waste much time with this.map completion keys. drop rate too low for hours spend. it should be 50% to get rewarding for the spend time. because key is 20% then from chest the fourth slot is 10/15% so too low rewarding. not every person gambles with their real life money.i want a guild bank to drop money so i can’t gamble with it. but i need ppl for missions. i want an upgrade from gem store so i can unlock the gold deposit instead of ask others for my problem.

hall of monuments rewards. i want the raccoon mini. but i can’t play gw1 for long. someone said i have to play it few months. anet brought things back in guildwars 2 and some skins from gw1. why not the minis. easy money.

About SPvP:

• I would like to have 9 classes with no builds, in order to grant a better pvp and 9 good classes to choose between.
  • A different set of rules ( for an instance, a forum section where to post videos of cheaters, which should be instantly banned, and more rigid rules for those who deliberately ruin the game, which includes mostly hackers and wintrader, but also punishments for afkers/trolls/feeders/verbal abuser, which incrases the more they continue ).
  • Crafting zone pass on gemstore ( i love mistlock sanctuary, but i would like to have the one in SPvP too ).

About WvW:

• Equipment as for SPvP ( limited amount of stats, no consumables, no on proc sigils, etc... ).
  • More balance between the 3 parts ( let's see with the new incoming system. I can't wait ).
  • As for SPvP, a different set of rules ( for an instance, a forum section where to post videos of cheaters, which should be instantly banned, and more rigid rules for those who deliberately ruin the game, which includes mostly hackers and wintrader. Not sure about punishments for afkers because of the specific kind of game ).

About PvE:

• No more Repeteable Hearts ( or at least the possibility to buy from them regardless the fact you completed them on the current day ).
  • Mounts/Gliding disabled on all old JP ( and on new, if not required as mechanic ). Rewinder potion is ok, because it will allow you to redo the part you failed only ( but does not prevent exploit like the springler ).
  • Legendary runes/sigils, in order to add your legendary an extra option to chose what you want ( maybe a better and revised menù, because it is not the best thing to do to swap stats on a full legendary set ).

About Every Game mode

• An option to disable Minis ( and their sounds ).
  • An option to use standard mount skins on all models but your.
  • An option to use standard glider skins on all models but your.
  • An option to use standard dyes on all models but yours.
  • An option to use standard sounds on all players but yours.
  • An option to use standard armor models on all players but yours.
  • An option to use standard weapon models on all players but yours.
  • The possibility to save builds ( this will mostly work with legendary items in terms of stats change and runes/sigil changes ). Not something trollish like "equipping different items from your bag" only ).

@titje.2745 said:story’sand forced story’s for griffon or other things. 32 slot bag.black lion chest loot.no option to reset story at low lvl. anet know we do key runs. delete every time.repair in wvsw. i hate the icon. and i want it away for always in wvsw. waste much time with this.map completion keys. drop rate too low for hours spend. it should be 50% to get rewarding for the spend time. because key is 20% then from chest the fourth slot is 10/15% so too low rewarding. not every person gambles with their real life money.i want a guild bank to drop money so i can’t gamble with it. but i need ppl for missions. i want an upgrade from gem store so i can unlock the gold deposit instead of ask others for my problem.

hall of monuments rewards. i want the raccoon mini. but i can’t play gw1 for long. someone said i have to play it few months. anet brought things back in guildwars 2 and some skins from gw1. why not the minis. easy money.

Just create afew 300 or how ever much gold you have buy orders on chak egg sack instead of going for a guild bank mate.

@"Lexi.1398" said:My biggest pet peeve is pretty silly; people killing the same enemy as me that isn't a group event in core open world. xD I don't even know WHY it annoys me but it does...

And in a similar vein, a much more reasonable peeve: people using knockbacks/pulls on non-defiant enemies when im hitting it when it doesn't interrupt an attack of importance (like, you wanna knockback to interrupt an attack which might kill or severely damage me/someone else - especially in ex pack maps? sure. doing it on the common wolf which won't deal more than 2% of my health in damage? why make me chase it...)

I think the "killing the same enemy" peeve stems from other MMOs, like WoW, which "tag" an enemy when it's first hit and if you're not in that player's party you don't get anything for it; I found it a weird adjustment when I came over to GW that we'd both be rewarded.

As for the knockback - I'm guilty of this because I play as a mesmer, and my primary ranged greatsword attack has increased damage at higher range. So when an enemy is getting too close to me, I knock it away and my damage increases. Easier than swapping to my one-handed sword and waiting for a 10 second weapon swap cooldown to swap back for another enemy

@"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

I think the "killing the same enemy" peeve stems from other MMOs, like WoW, which "tag" an enemy when it's first hit and if you're not in that player's party you don't get anything for it; I found it a weird adjustment when I came over to GW that we'd both be rewarded.

As for the knockback - I'm guilty of this because I play as a mesmer, and my primary ranged greatsword attack has increased damage at higher range. So when an enemy is getting too close to me, I knock it away and my damage increases. Easier than swapping to my one-handed sword and waiting for a 10 second weapon swap cooldown to swap back for another enemy

See, i didn't come from WoW, i came from a game with a similar - even laxer - system than gw2, in that game as long as you hit something for at least 1 point of damage once (regaurdless of it's health- unlike gw2 which goes in damage %s/thresholds to get credit) you got credit for it(//or were in the party of someone who did that) no matter at what point in the fight it was. So like its just a mystery on why that ticks me off xD of course, i know it's unreasonable, so i don't exactly hate anyone for it.

Pfft, ive had much more annoyances from rangers with longbow than mesmers. Especially as I, the melee, generally attracts its aggro anyway >> << but newbs will be newbs and one day those rangers will find another newb ranger and realise. xD

let's continue the list:

• the PS being completely obsolete after you did the order ones
  • character customization being so extremely limited, pretty much all the faces look the same and some just have different make-up, nothing different about them.
  • to much fluf on armors, what's wrong with a simple magic robe or a corset with leather jacket and nothing else.
  • no hair under hats, seriously, you might have thought they figured it out by now......i am waiting for hair under my wizard hat for so long now.
  • skills on weapons being way to role specific and stuck, i would love to do massive dmg with water magic and support with fire magic.

Dissolution of the guild support team. Guild focused play has always been the appeal of the game for me. The idea that they do not actively support that is ridiculous.

Anet's short development attention span. Minigames (target range/bar brawl in Divinities Reach), guild missions, dungeons, legendary weapon quests, Mister E, Vikki & Momo - these are just a few of the things Anet started and then just decided to stop supporting out of the blue (In the case of minigames, there are still NPCs guiding you to these non-existent events).

Backpedaling on community-focused game mechanics and direction. When the game launched, they made a big deal about avoiding specific things in the game in order to foster a friendlier, more community focused atmosphere in the game. All of those have been completely tossed out the window for the sake of a few marketing buzz words geared to bring more hardcore players into the game.

Inventory clogging stuff

• there's a lot that seems to be just to clog inventory slots. All the books, map specific stuff, collection stuff you have to keep until you complete the collection.

Lack of definitive info on obsolete items

• I know the wiki has a generic banner for many items saying that the content that produced the item is gone forever but that doesn't necessarily mean the item will never be useful again. It would be nice if devs could update items or provide a list that says for sure what items can be safely deleted because they will never ever have any use.

Invisible Walls

• I get why they are there. The annoying part is you don't know it's there until you waste time getting to it and then find out you can't get past it.

Bugged Events

RNG

Also, lots of great items from everyone else!

Lack of sufficient armor diversity

• Not enough fantasy-inspired options, not enough form-fitting armors, too many spiky/fuzzy/layered armor pieces (some of which also cause ugly clipping problems), too many similar looking items, too many trenchcoats, outfits instead of armors, etc

Too much reliance on RNG for item drops

• Needing to farm countless mobs, nodes or chests, or having to replay an event over and over to try to get an item to randomly drop for a collection is not fun.

New content or collections that fill inventory with items that can't be sold, salvaged or MF'ed

• Having to type out their full name is tedious. Even worse is when there's no indication as to whether you may need the item later or if it's safe to destroy it.

Trying to make every new boss out-do the mechanics of previous bosses

• An endless arms race of trying to make every new boss somehow more difficult than all the previous winds up creating awkward mechanics which aren't enjoyable for game play. Existing mechanics can be punishing enough to players.

No new guild content

• Considering the game is called Guild Wars 2, there's a surprising lack of focus on the "Guild" part. Adding new rewards for guild commendations, or adding a few new guild puzzles, guild challenges, or guild races would really help.

New one I forgot to add yesterday.....not being able to see what spec someones using in lfg panel before entering instance. I hate having to ask if the ranger is healing or dps and then leave the group if I wont fit.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:

New content or collections that fill inventory with items that can't be sold, salvaged or MF'ed

• Having to type out their full name is tedious. Even worse is when there's no indication as to whether you may need the item later or if it's safe to destroy it.

And this one big time

OutfitsProbably the biggest disappointment for me. There are a lot of interesting parts in those, but one part that you don't like might already ruin everything. I don't care at all if there would be some clipping, just give us the option to mix.

Lack of infusions in previewNo option to display infusions in the armor preview is just annoying for me. An nfusion can completely change the feel of any armor, and I can't afford to buy every single thing just because there is no option to check in the preview beforehand.

Minor Sigils/RunesOh , I hate them so much. Those useless things are always filling the inventory way too quickly.

There is more but those are the most annoying right now.

weapon shrinkage while stowed (I play a norn, and having my hammer change size all the time is annoying)

clipping issues on certain races

skills locked to certain keys/positions (as a hammerguard, I want to switch Banish and Zealot's Embrace)

no solo versions of dungeons since no one runs dungeons anymore for some reason

@Vivilett.8509 said:More posting on forums than playing

Except most of us here commenting have played GW2 a great deal and far longer than any of our threads, comments, etc. took to compose all together on these forums. You are sorely wrong saying the time we have invested in posting on these forums outweighs our gameplay time.

Maybe if Anet got the game right just a little bit, it would not seem like players are doing more posting than playing. Until then, yea, we are going to keep pushing for changes to be made that have long been swept under the carpet, Anet's time that is instead spent on designing and implementing silly Glider skin after Glider skin, among other rehashed Gem Store items of the same type(s).

Woah, this is a great topic, I thought I didn't have many but reading these quite a few come to mind.

• 10 man raids, when they first said they were adding raids I thought they'd be scalable for between 10 and something like 30-40 players. That'd be good, inclusive guild content. Then "easy" mode could be maximum players and "hard" mode would be 10 (or fewer). Instead they rigidly specified and designed raids for 10 players focusing on the hard mode exclusively.
  • Ugly armour and weapons, personal choice of course, but nearly all of my characters are in the same cultural or gem store armour almost since launch. The armor added in HoT and PoF is just plain ugly. Too many butt capes. The weapons aren't much better.
  • Always better aesthetics in the gem store. Yeah, I get it, they need gem sales but the weapons and armour sets in the gem stores are IMO far superior to those added in the paid expansions. The same is true for the gliders and mounts. The fact that the default mounts only have a single dye channel is an obvious attempt to push people towards the gem store and their mount loot boxes.
  • Excessive CC, excessive loss of character control is not fun. In PvE, for example, there are groups of mobs that chain stun or chain knockback, sure sub breaks and stability exist but those are quickly overwhelmed.
  • Poor tutorialisation, they need to do a better job of teaching players. A lot don't get Defiance Bars for example.
  • ArenaNet abandoning content types. No new guild missions since a month or two after they were first added, for example.
  • Little or no focus on the development of QoL features like build templates, improvements to Mystic Forge or crafting UI, no sigil swapping on legendary weapons and so on.

Archived