Achievement mistake?

@Astralporing.1957 said:The running suspicion is that it is actually still counting those APs in case Anet ever decided to change the cap value.I have no doubt that it's just an accident of how they track achievements. I'm sure they have no intention of raising the cap. (They might some day, but I doubt they built into the system extra mechanics just for that.)

In the meantime it is however very confusing.Yeah it is. I have no idea why they don't:

• Offer an achievement, with a minor reward, for hitting the cap; that way you know that you've hit it.
  • Showing the total progress towards the cap in the achievement panel, rather than forcing some veterans to manually track where they are (i.e. those with monthly points from the early years).

@Rezzet.3614 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Isn't it the same for other repeatable achievements? Like Agent of Entropy?

nope agent of entropy pops up but it shows no AP gain

Ah, good to know! I wonder if the cause of the discrepancy is in the different cap mechanics?

Either way, making sure the AP notice actually matches reality would be very welcome!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Isn't it the same for other repeatable achievements? Like Agent of Entropy?

nope agent of entropy pops up but it shows no AP gain

Ah, good to know! I wonder if the cause of the discrepancy is in the different cap mechanics?Apparently. That's why there's a suspicion that in this specific case APs are still actually counted and tracked internally, and the cap is applied only later on.

Archived