Frustration with Forged Back Piece

We can dye the glider, but cannot dye the back piece.

Note... I understand it requires extra work and resources, but a super QoL feature for "Fashion Wars" would be to add dye channels to all Gem Store items, legendary back pieces, legendary weapons, the legendary trinket Aurora and, importantly, to player skills. Would be well worth the investment.

@"Swagger.1459" said:We can dye the glider, but cannot dye the back piece.

Note... I understand it requires extra work and resources, but a super QoL feature for "Fashion Wars" would be to add dye channels to all Gem Store items, legendary back pieces, legendary weapons, the legendary trinket Aurora and, importantly, to player skills. Would be well worth the investment.

If they make GEM store back piece dyable.. They should too for legendary back piece.Back pieces and weapon and trinkets are items that's not dyable. It will be nice if we can custom dye it

@Malafaia.8903 said:Dye channels to gemstore/ legendary items would be great.So much more possibilities!

The problem is that to make even a single item dyeable they have to remake all items of that type, since they have to alter the system.So, to add dye channels to legendary weapons, every weapon in the game has to be remade - even those that don't get dye channels.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:It's too late. They can't ever do this, because there are backitems that are sold seperately, even though they share the same model. Most notably - wings. if they introduced dye channels for back items they should refund all duplicates people bought during years.

No they would not have to refund all the duplicates people bought during the years have had fair use of them before this change same with people who bought multiple salvagomatics before the account slots got introduced.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:It's too late. They can't ever do this, because there are backitems that are sold seperately, even though they share the same model. Most notably - wings. if they introduced dye channels for back items they should refund all duplicates people bought during years.

No they would not have to refund all the duplicates people bought during the years have had fair use of them before this change same with people who bought multiple salvagomatics before the account slots got introduced.

I got my salvage o matic refunded :)

Ofcourse they can do it. Its just a thing of programming. But it is not a question wheter they can or cannot do it.The important question is: Will the invested time to do this change be cost efficient? I am no expert but I assume that the answer is no.

I would appeciate if they would do it ... its nice to have but I think it is better to work on new stuff instead of adjusting old stuff that isnt broken.

• Like 1

I know, its not nice.And its been my issue before.I have a normal destroyer themed main character, so I was very happy when they released Destroyer Wings.Except they made the default colour green (for some godless reason) and while I can dye the glider to a normal fire colour, the backpack is a permant toxic green :(

Ive said before, anet should just release backpacks with like 3 notable colour schemes.

@"Swagger.1459" said:Note... I understand it requires extra work and resources,

This requires (a) creating an entirely new system and (b) retrofitting every other existing similar item in the game, regardless of whether those items have usable dye channels after. It's not "extra" work, it's changing the design philosophy for how weapons are built, from the ground up.

Would be well worth the investment.No, it won't be. It's a major cost to set up the system, to implement it, and it increases the costs of designing new weapons and backpacks. It's an enormous investment, with little financial benefit to help fund it.

Incidentally, nothing has changed since the last time the OP asked about dyeing backs, in January of this year.

• 4 years later...
On 3/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, Nogothanc.5014 said:

Ofcourse they can do it. Its just a thing of programming. But it is not a question wheter they can or cannot do it.The important question is: Will the invested time to do this change be cost efficient? I am no expert but I assume that the answer is no.

I would appeciate if they would do it ... its nice to have but I think it is better to work on new stuff instead of adjusting old stuff that isnt broken.

now they sell it in the game store again, means they have profit from it 🙂 

please let us dye the back piece too

up