Which class is most difficult/frustrating to level?

MoJoe.9063

I only ask because I upgraded to HoT the other day and I want to figure out which class to use my 80 boost on. I have necro and guardian at max level and I want to be efficient about it... I seem to remember people saying mesmer was difficult to level?

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Definitely the mesmer. Nearly every other class has a cheese tactic which renders the leveling process easy, but mesmer doesn't.

Lolwat. Mesmer is easy peasy and one of the best AoErs.

All classes are easy to level with. You only go into frustrating territory if you pick the wrong kind of weapons and gear because it can get real slow.

Mesmer is an understandable answer for new players. It can be unintuitive and it can lack AoE. It doesn't have to be hard or lack AoE though. If you are good at transferring video game knowledge/reading, mesmer can be easy.

I've seen let's plays (a hobby of mine) of new players using mesmers that just utterly fail at understanding it, and then veteran gamers just pick it up and obliterate everything immediately.

Damage is totally irrelevant in GW2 leveling, and I strongly disagree with the idea that mesmer makes the list because of lack of damage. You don't watch enough new players and are viewing this from a vet's point of a view. Mesmer IS complicate at first glance, and that's not even arguable. A lot (most? all?) of new players I see don't even use shatters.

Compare/contrast to a ranger that doesn't use pet controls or a thief that doesn't use steal. Thief and ranger don't get the most out of their profession, but will basically not notice it at all for low level stuff.

@Fluffball.8307 said:Damage is totally irrelevant in GW2 leveling, and I strongly disagree with the idea that mesmer makes the list because of lack of damage. You don't watch enough new players and are viewing this from a vet's point of a view. Mesmer IS complicate at first glance, and that's not even arguable. A lot (most? all?) of new players I see don't even use shatters.

Compare/contrast to a ranger that doesn't use pet controls or a thief that doesn't use steal. Thief and ranger don't get the most out of their profession, but will basically not notice it at all for low level stuff.

If you say so. Personally, I don't see anything complicated about spawning clones as a function of using weapon/utility skills and then shattering them. I'm not sure how the recent mesmer overhaul has affected the leveling game, but in the past I believe mesmer has been pretty solidly on the low damage end of the spectrum. However, they do have the advantage of easily replaceable clones which are an effective distraction.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:If you say so. Personally, I don't see anything complicated about spawning clones as a function of using weapon/utility skills and then shattering them. I'm not sure how the recent mesmer overhaul has affected the leveling game, but in the past I believe mesmer has been pretty solidly on the low damage end of the spectrum. However, they do have the advantage of easily replaceable clones which are an effective distraction.Indeed. No idea what it looks like now with all the buffs to power mesmer, but when I leveled mine, there was no way of coming even close to what other classes could do.

@Graymalkyn.8076 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Which ever class you don't enjoy playing ...

Exactly.

To elaborate a bit more. I am a big fan of the holomancer elite specializations, but I dislike the vanilla engineer. Difficulty and frustration level is very personal, so if you can’t answer the question yourself, you haven’t played enough to know what you like and dislike. The only reason to use the level 80 boost early is to clean the shared inventory slot. If that is the goal, just pick one. If you are not to fuzzed, leave the booster till you are ready.

Archived