Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey

Timo.1065

• the first two weeks of the sale they had a news announcement where they broke down the 'week ahead' so you at least had a heads up, where is the consistency? I was told on another thread that, its supposedly on me because I was expecting there to be another 2 announcements to cover the rest of the March sales - and why is that unreasonable of me? it isn't!

Personally im anti Flash sale, they are nefarious practices in RL as they use similar types of Psychological techniques employed in game gambling boxes - for a start they require you to be constantly checking websites where these flash sales may appear at any point, (it creates anxiety) or in the case of GW2 the game itself which if you arnt home because you are at work you cant do - does anyone even know what time GMT these items are released? it seems a different time every day - the person doing the updates on the gem store sticky would always say' less than 24 hours' but you literally had no idea when those'24 hours ran from. when I check for an item it was 1am into the next day - meaning in the US it was still the same day as the sale, yet the item wasn't up at the reduced price.

By all means do nothing - but at least be consistent and not resort to blaming customers for expecting something you had already provided in the 2 previous weeks so they could at least organise themselves. Oh and expect less sales too...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/436894#Comment_436894

@"Rococo.8347" said:

• the first two weeks of the sale they had a news announcement where they broke down the 'week ahead' so you at least had a heads up, where is the consistency? I was told on another thread that, its supposedly on me because I was expecting there to be another 2 announcements to cover the rest of the March sales - and why is that unreasonable of me? it isn't!

Personally im anti Flash sale, they are nefarious practices in RL as they use similar types of Psychological techniques employed in game gambling boxes - for a start they require you to be constantly checking websites where these flash sales may appear at any point, (it creates anxiety) or in the case of GW2 the game itself which if you arnt home because you are at work you cant do - does anyone even know what time GMT these items are released? it seems a different time every day - the person doing the updates on the gem store sticky would always say' less than 24 hours' but you literally had no idea when those'24 hours ran from. when I check for an item it was 1am into the next day - meaning in the US it was still the same day as the sale, yet the item wasn't up at the reduced price.

By all means do nothing - but at least be consistent and not resort to blaming customers for expecting something you had already provided in the 2 previous weeks so they could at least organise themselves. Oh and expect less sales too...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/436894#Comment_436894

The Gem Store updates at 9AM Pacific time each day. It always says 'less than 24 hours' because it starts at 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds.

Archived