[SUGGESTION] Rune/sigils + delete items more swift

KFWozDt.png

Runes/Sigils:Salvaging is cool, until you get attacked by these. Why do runes and sigils exist on green/rare equipment? They're worthless and take up unnecessary space.

916msT5.png

Item removal:Type in something like "yes" or "ok" when you get requested to confirm removal of item, instead of writing the whole name of it. Much more swift and chill.

short story: it's neither free nor easy to change the system; it's probably going to be a long time before we see any progress in this direction.

Why do runes and sigils exist on green/rare equipment?

Originally, runes & sigils on green and rares were important, or at least somewhat useful. During the first year (or even two), lots of players went around with masterwork or rare gear.

They're worthless and take up unnecessary space.This wasn't always the case either. Exotic sigils were often valuable, so forging the rares was typically profitable (which meant that many rares were also of value). There was even a time when it was worth forging minor runes for majors.

There are lots of ways to change the system, but none of them are easy or cheap, including:

• Change every single piece of of rare, masterwork, fine gear to no longer include upgrades. Time consuming, error prone, we'll end up with a number of duplicate-named gear, and people will still want those upgrades to be sourced from some place.
  • Add a toggle to prevent upgrades from being salvaged from gear (e.g. allow it for exotics only, for rares or better, etc). Massive overhaul to the system, although probably less ongoing overhead.
  • Provide appropriate sinks for them, whether recipes or allow them to be salvaged. Also a massive overhaul, with all sorts of economic implications that have to be considered.
  • Change the upgrade system so that it no longer depends on physical items. Also a massive overhaul, with economic implications, and requires a new style of UI to handle.

I still prefer to wait if ANet works on the last, most expensive option: if they can tackle that, it simplifies what needs to happen to enable the swapping of gear stats via templates and I'm willing to deal with all the annoying minor and major sigils in the meantime.

Theres prob only a few items you want to have a confirmation msg that requires you type in the items name before deleting, they are: the endless fractal pots and the permanent kits that come from the BL chest. Everything else you have to type the items name in is worthless anyway, but nonetheless its still important to have that in the particular instances where its important because simply typing "yes" defeats the purpose which is having the player double check the item first. Accidentally deleting the wrong item could happen with the endless fractal pots since they look very close the the small fractal pots icon wise, I suggest adding an infinity symbol to the non-omnipots to avoid the confusion.

Sigils and runes should either be salvageable or destroyed in the salvage process, they take up too much space and require you deal with each one separately. Additionally, if you drag-drop to destroy them you might drag wrong item by accident.

@mtpelion.4562 said:Runes and Sigils should become salvageable on their own. Then you can convert them into useful materials and they stop being worthless space invaders.

Seeing as they are made from actual materials it would only be logical to make them salvageable. And if it were just one piece of the respective ore/leather scrap.That's a gazillion times better than having your inventory cluttered by absolute useless junk that doesn't even sell as junk because you need to sell each one individually.

Imho, Making them salvageable will cause some changes:

• prices drop ( which would be good to me, but a hard blow for the market ).

• No need for extra bag slots ( bad for ANET ).

• No need for larger bag slots ( bad for ANET and players ).

• No time sink ( in terms of inventory management, which will be Bad for ANET ).

• About the storage it could be maybe good at first in order to sell extra storage, but then would be Win/Win for players only ( see the poin 2, 3 and 4 ).

And because of this, i doubt we will ever see any change about runes ( even though i am ready with maxed storage, bags, and so on ).

@"Shirlias.8104" said:Imho, Making them salvageable will cause some changes:

What prices? Most of the minor runes give a red "below minimum" state when I try to put them on the Trading Post, and the ones that don't give a yellow-brown "we'll list it and send you the money when it sells" state instead. Come to think of it, the same is true for minor sigils. And for the majority of major ones.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

What prices? Most of the minor runes give a red "below minimum" state when I try to put them on the Trading Post, and the ones that don't give a yellow-brown "we'll list it and send you the money when it sells" state instead. Come to think of it, the same is true for minor sigils. And for the majority of major ones.

Material prices, not runes prices.

If you get more leather/ores/clothes from a single item, because of salvaging runes, prices will definitely drop.

There would definitely be a short time price drop as the giant wave of minor/major runes/sigils get salvaged, however, that would be offset by a price rise in runes/sigils over time until parity is reached.

An additional protection could be that not just basic materials are salvaged but some of the rare materials could also drop (distributing the price drop across a few market segments rather than just one market eating the entire impact).

It would be very helpful if they were to make minor runes more manageable with salvage option but it would require a good balance to ensure they salvage into materials of similar average value to what we sell runes for now.However if they were to enable this for minor runes, then it would only be logical to have the same system for major and superior (as well as sigils).

@"Shirlias.8104" said:

Highly unlikely to be a "hard blow". More likely to be small change in price which will stabilize not long after.

Apart from runes, there are so many more items which fill up bags space. I don't think many players buy more bags just for minor runes either.

• No time sink ( in terms of inventory management, which will be Bad for ANET ).

How is this bad for anyone if we're reducing the time needed to manage inventory? Why would ANet want players to spend more time doing this?

On the whole it would be massively convenient but I don't have high hopes for this being implemented.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:How is this bad for anyone if we're reducing the time needed to manage inventory? Why would ANet want players to spend more time doing this?On the whole it would be massively convenient but I don't have high hopes for this being implemented.

Has Anet in more than 5 years fixed this issue?Guess we have our response.

edit: about the prices depends the drops, some prices will simply drop. Unless you drop random grey stuff which Stacks ( with a slightly higher value to compensate the copper salvage omatic cost )

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:How is this bad for anyone if we're reducing the time needed to manage inventory? Why would ANet want players to spend more time doing this?On the whole it would be massively convenient but I don't have high hopes for this being implemented.

My question was not if this was fixed but how you think ANet benefits from people spending more of their ingame time managing their inventory and why it would be bad for ANet if the time required was reduced.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

My question was not if this was fixed but how
you
think ANet benefits from people spending more of their ingame time managing their inventory and why it would be bad for ANet if the time required was reduced.

It will take players more in game.And will let them realize that QoL items are the way in order to dedicate less time to the inventory space management.

What else?

Don't want to have to buy an item for all characters?Shared invendotry Slot!

Don't want to have empty bags?Extra bag slots!( or else Wider bags, which cost golds and that gold could come from Gems )

Don't want to check your storage every hours in order to sell mats you already reach the cap with?Extra Storage Slots!

Etc...

@Shirlias.8104 said:

you
think ANet benefits from people spending more of their ingame time managing their inventory and why it would be bad for ANet if the time required was reduced.

It will take players more in game.And will let them realize that QoL items are the way in order to dedicate less time to the inventory space management.

What else?

Don't want to have empty bags?Extra bag slots!( or else Wider bags, which cost golds and that gold could come from Gems )

Don't want to check your storage every hours in order to sell mats you already reach the cap with?Extra Storage Slots!

Etc...

What I believe you are missing is that this thread is about runes/sigils specifically. The only issue of having them currently is needing to sell to vendor or sell on TP. We can already sell items on TP without going to a TP NPC, however with minor sigils/runes it is often easier just to sell to any merchant. I doubt many players expand their storage or purchase mobile merchants just to sell runes/sigils currently so the impact to ANet is negligible because of this change.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

you

What else?

Etc...

What I believe you are missing is that this thread is about runes/sigils specifically. The only issue of having them currently is needing to sell to vendor or sell on TP. We can already sell items on TP without going to a TP NPC, however with minor sigils/runes it is often easier just to sell to any merchant. I doubt many players expand their storage or purchase mobile merchants just to sell runes/sigils currently so the impact to ANet is negligible because of this change.

I will try to explain my point better

bTnCn7M.jpg

This is my main.

• 20 shared inventory slots.
  • All unlimited black lion tools ( i just need the extractor but i am working on it )
  • 10 bag slots
  • 10x 32 slot bags ( 4 invisible, with runes and personal stuff )

also

• Capped storage ( 2000 pieces per item )
  • Capped bank ( 14 bank slots ).

Imagine that i have instead a standard 5x 20 slot bags with a limited storage.

I need to sell?I have to go to a specific vendor

I need to take stuff from TP?I have to go to the specific vendor

My storage is full?I have to go to the bank and then sell it to TP

I am full of runes?I have to sell them ( with my manangement i only sell a 250 stack ).

Finite use tools?I have to buy some more to the vendor.

As you can see, everything is related to the time you spend into meaningless things ( because this game is not so well optimized... or maybe, they deliberately decided to make it this way. Everybody can think the way he want for what I care ).

I did my math in terms of time spent on inventory management and then worked on a way to solve the related problems.If you ( or anybody else ) are fine with the time spent ( it's only 15 sec going to the TP, and 15 to the vendor, and 15 to the bank, and... etc etc... ), so am I.

• About the storage it could be maybe good at first in order to sell extra storage, but then would be Win/Win for players only ( see the poin 2, 3 and 4 ).

And because of this, i doubt we will ever see any change about runes ( even though i am ready with maxed storage, bags, and so on ).

You write as if ANet prefers people to suffer through inventory management, when the evidence points the other way. Sure, ANet sells stuff to expand the amount of slots available to use, but that's hardly unexpected or unfair. All the same, despite that, they also overhauled material storage to handle all sorts of things that previously occupied bank slots (doubloons and AR+1, for example). They introduced "salvage all" (which in some ways exacerbated the sigil problem; it's far easier to sal now than sell). They also introduced unidentified gear, which allows us to stack loot until we're ready to deal with.

FYI there already is an option to avoid dealing with sigils from PoF maps: sell your unID gear or salvage it.Both allow you to choose which is more important to you: the amount of coin you get or the time you save.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Imho, Making them salvageable will cause some changes:

You write as if ANet prefers people to suffer through inventory management,
when the evidence points the other way.

Definitely not, but you made me laugh this time.When the evidence points the other way... :heart:

Inventory issues apart ( runes, trash, luck, items which can't be put into storage, currencies which are no part of the portfolio, etc... )

• Different tomes for LS worlds
  • No builds save/load since the release
  • Definitely not a good Legendary equipment system ( it's easier to travel with 2 or 3 sets, which ofc occupy your bags, but nothing new here ), because of the previous point, the sigils, not generic infusions ( wvw/agony ), etc... ( endless extractor could come in handy ).
  • Collections which require inventory space because reasons
  • etc...

If problems are not addressed, there's no will to address them.And it's better to stop trying to find a justification or a reason, because it is in front of everyone's eyes.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Imho, Making them salvageable will cause some changes:

Material prices, not runes prices.

If you get more leather/ores/clothes from a single item, because of salvaging runes, prices will definitely drop.

OK, yes, fair point. I was thinking of the runes/sigils themselves. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived