Rifle update

Red Haired Savage.5430

Will we ever see an update on warrior rifle? Its the worst ranged weapon in game. Warrior's ranged condition damage weapon even does more damage, I threw it in just as a comparison. Just compairing auto attacks on 2 handed power weapons that are at least 1,200 range, some classes I had to go to their elite spec to get it:

Elementalist

• StaffFireballDamage: 404(1.0)Targets: 3Radius: 180Range: 1,200

Engineer

• RifleHip ShotDamage: 274(0.65)Range: 1,200

Guardian

• LongbowPuncture ShotDamage: 327(0.85)Cripple 2sBounce: 1Range: 1,200

Mesmer

• GreatswordSpatial SurgeDamage if range is less than 300 (3x): 279 (0.69)Damage if range is between 300-600 (3x): 321 (0.795)Damage if range is between 600-900 (3x): 363 (0.9)Damage if range is greater than 900 (3x): 405 (1.005)Number of Targets: 3Range: 1,200

Necromancer

(yes I know staff isn't a power weapon its a weapon that doesn't even know what it wants to be)

• StaffNecrotic GraspDamage: 269 (0.666)Targets: 5PiercesRange: 1,200

Ranger

• LongbowLong Range ShotDamage if range is greater than 1000: 347 (0.9)Damage if range is between 500-1000: 308 (0.8)Damage if range is less than 500: 270 (0.7)Range: 1,500

Revenant

• HammerHammer BoltDamage: 383 (0.95)Targets: 5Range: 1,200

Thief

• RifleBrutal AimDamage: 253 (0.6)?Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition DamageAdditional Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition DamageRange: 1,200Deadly AimDamage: 422 (1.0)Vulnerability (6s): 2% Incoming Damage, 2% Incoming Condition DamageAdditional Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition DamageRange: 1,500

Warrior

• RifleFierce ShotDamage: 255 (0.605)Range: 1,200
  • LongbowDual ShotDamage (2x): 338 (0.88)Range: 1,200

@Vagrant.7206 said:Engineers have been asking for a rifle rework for years, but warrior gets priority it seems.

uhm what?

anyway , i agree the lack of ranged power weapon for warrior is what made me change class in HoT , every other class had a ranged weapon , hell even guardian got it at the time.

Rifle is indeed of some love it , the last Warrior rifle changes was like years ago , it lacks dmg , synergy with every other weapon.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Will we ever see an update on warrior rifle? Its the worst ranged weapon in game. Warrior's ranged condition damage weapon even does more damage, I threw it in just as a comparison. Just compairing auto attacks on 2 handed power weapons that are at least 1,200 range, some classes I had to go to their elite spec to get it:

Just as a front, I run sw/sh + rifle core warrior every day in wvw and have absolutely no issues against the majority of builds(with the exception of minstrels weaver and firebrand). My perspective as someone who has over 2k hours logged on ranger and 500+ h on rev that rifle on warrior is superior to lb ranger and hammer rev in a roaming and small scale context.

While I can totally get behind a small damage increase on the auto attack or what rifle auto really needs (piecing trait). I do not agree with a full rework. Rifle works exactly as it is intended a single target burst weapon that has some decent control elements. The weapon isnt intended to be dps. It's spike and control oriented. It can't be both of those and sustained dps as well.

If you are struggling to do damage against people with rifle you need to rethink your game play and pay more attention to what your opponents are doing.

@Warlyx.6732 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Engineers have been asking for a rifle rework for years, but warrior gets priority it seems.

uhm what?

Warrior rifle has more frequently gotten updated than engineer rifle, despite the fact that engineer only has 3 core weapons.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I'm not saying Engi rifle doesn't need a rework either, but warrior rifle is in worse shape. Also I wouldn't be asking for Engi changes in the Warrior forums. :wink:

Eh, they don't really listen to us on the engineer forums.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

I'm not saying Engi rifle doesn't need a rework either, but warrior rifle is in worse shape. Also I wouldn't be asking for Engi changes in the Warrior forums. :wink:

Eh, they don't really listen to us on the engineer forums.

They don't really listen to us here either.

@Eval.2371 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Will we ever see an update on warrior rifle? Its the worst ranged weapon in game. Warrior's ranged condition damage weapon even does more damage, I threw it in just as a comparison. Just compairing auto attacks on 2 handed power weapons that are at least 1,200 range, some classes I had to go to their elite spec to get it:

Just as a front, I run sw/sh + rifle core warrior every day in wvw and have absolutely no issues against the majority of builds(with the exception of minstrels weaver and firebrand). My perspective as someone who has over 2k hours logged on ranger and 500+ h on rev that rifle on warrior is superior to lb ranger and hammer rev in a roaming and small scale context.

While I can totally get behind a small damage increase on the auto attack or what rifle auto really needs (piecing trait). I do not agree with a full rework. Rifle works exactly as it is intended a single target burst weapon that has some decent control elements. The weapon isnt intended to be dps. It's spike and control oriented. It can't be both of those and sustained dps as well.

If you are struggling to do damage against people with rifle you need to rethink your game play and pay more attention to what your opponents are doing.

I agree.

I also run SW/SH-Rifle core in WvW, and I do okay with it, it has its tougher matchups, but so does any weapon set at certain times. It has some pretty good strengths though too, some decent pierce, vulnerability that you can stack going into a melee burst, target tracking against stealthed targets on the f1 burst, a knock-back, and a immobilize.

The auto attack is the easily the least important thing on it. I use it while skills are on cooldown or when I am kiting.

Quickness really makes the weapon that much better, and I stack as much as I can.

@sneakytails.5629 said:

I agree.

I also run SW/SH-Rifle core in WvW, and I do okay with it, it has its tougher matchups, but so does any weapon set at certain times. It has some pretty good strengths though too, some decent pierce, vulnerability that you can stack going into a melee burst, target tracking against stealthed targets on the f1 burst, a knock-back, and a immobilize.

The auto attack is the easily the least important thing on it. I use it while skills are on cooldown or when I am kiting.

Quickness really makes the weapon that much better, and I stack as much as I can.

I know auto attack isn't the most important thing, but it is a decent indicator of how the weapon stacks up compared to other's. Yes I know rifle is more of a single target item. But when it's in such poor shape that the majority of warriors say it sucks there's something wrong.

Ah yes, the dreaded range increase from 1,000 to 1200 without a trait, innate piercing on their 1, yada yada, they took the piercing from warrior btw, So I don't know what you mean by warior priority, warriors are hit with nerfs every patch,

@nicknamenick.2437 said:Now make it dps.. because rifle AA issnt that bad. (Does more dmg then longbow AA) and some other ranged weapons.. talking about dps not 1 hit damage number

No, it doesn't, not by a LONG shot. I've done loads of tests, Rifle AA does slightly more than ONE arrow of Longbow AA, but Longbow AA shoots 2 arrows, and can be traited to inflict burning every shot, even as a full power war it will do more.

I actually don't like the dodge on the #4 skill. When I'm in pursuit of a target and I wish I could Aim shot>Brutal>Killshot for the stacked vulnerability. Personal preference, but adding evades on warrior kits is meh. I like relentless offensive pressure in a warrior.

I'd like to see them add pierce to brutal shot and remove the dodge. So it can be more similar to Deadeye Rifle (#2). Lining up targets to immob them, then fire in a volley at them would be a great way to handle adds. Or apply pressure on a capture point from range.

And I agree on Auto damage, although I am happy they removed piercing. I think piercing should be handled as they are doing it now, only specific skills. Not everything having it.

@Reece.7341 said:I actually don't like the dodge on the #4 skill. When I'm in pursuit of a target and I wish I could Aim shot>Brutal>Killshot for the stacked vulnerability. Personal preference, but adding evades on warrior kits is meh. I like relentless offensive pressure in a warrior.

I'd like to see them add pierce to brutal shot and remove the dodge. So it can be more similar to Deadeye Rifle (#2). Lining up targets to immob them, then fire in a volley at them would be a great way to handle adds. Or apply pressure on a capture point from range.

And I agree on Auto damage, although I am happy they removed piercing. I think piercing should be handled as they are doing it now, only specific skills. Not everything having it.

i, on the other hand like the dodge effect of that skill, if someones getting too close its nice to gain distance and immo them, to then have a free full volley on them

Archived