Primeval Weapons (Spoiler Alert!)

I recently purchased the Path of Fire expansion, and I was very pleasantly surprised with it. Not only was it really well written (Personal opinion, so bear with me if you disagree), but the lore and history that was poured into this expansion astounded me. There were countless things that took me on trips down memory lane, of when I was 15 & 16 and first started playing Guild Wars. Seeing the Forgotten again, being in Elona and setting foot on Istan again. It was as if I took a trip back in time, but where everything had also changed so much. This was by far the most pleasant surprise for me. I was a huge fan of all the Lore that was crammed into Guild Wars, so seeing all of that come to life in Guild Wars 2 excited me all the more. Meeting Koss (yes, he's no longer his usual self anymore) and learning of the heritage of Margrid the Sly, and seeing how Palawa Joko plays a role in the events in Tyria made me feel as if I was drawn into the adventure once again. However, there was one thing in particular that really drew my attention, as it was one of my favorite armors in the original Guild Wars. The Primeval Kings & Queens. Their weapons and armor were surprisingly exactly what I expected them to have, even though it wasn't something I knew they would have. In my mind's eye, I saw them having those weapons and the armor they were wearing, to the point where when I did finally see them up close, I was even more excited. Queen Nadijeh's greatsword in particular caught my eye. The fact that it was styled in such a way that looked elegant, historic, and ancient all together(Very much like the Egyptian sickle sword), made me want that sword for myself. I learned through one of my guild mates that there is a similar Great-sword, but I wanted more. I wanted a shield and sword set that looked similar, something that made me feel as though I was part of the Primeval dynasty. I yearned once again for style similar to the Ancient Armor, in Guild Wars. I know this would be time consuming, but seeing the designs that were poured into this expansion, I would love to see a weapon set similar to Queen Nadijeh's great sword surface. This is something that I know I would love to see, but I am curious to see if there are others that would love to see these styles resurface, now that we have returned to the land of Nightfall, to Elona. I would love to hear input on this! Let me know what everyone thinks about this!

Hello, the armor and the weapons that the Primeval Kings/Queens are wearing comes from the Funerary set that you can find in the Desert Highland map.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primeval_StewardFind this guy, he will help you become a Primeval King/Queen.Edit:For the weapons. you need to complete ''Triumph of Conquests'' and for the Armor, you need to find a book in the Tombs and complete collections to unlock the pieces.

Those are a pretty unique set, and this is my only issue: the Funerary Greatsword looks very out of place compared to all of the rest of the set. When comparing the Funerary Greatsword to the Funerary Sword, you would almost expect some similarities, but they are almost non-existent. My hope is to see something more along the lines of the Funerary Greatsword, or even the Elonian Axe. Those look very much like they belong to the region, as well as the Funerary Shield. I guess the thing that bothers me is that it feels as though several different cultures designed the Funerary weapon set, whereas it should obviously have been one culture. The Primeval Dynasty. Queen Nadijeh's greatsword fascinated me, and the fact that there is not a similar one handed sword severely disappointed me. The closest I could find was the Elonian Sword, but even then it's not entirely similar. Whilst your comment does help me know how to get the greatsword and shield, it doesn't quite let me know what you think about the entire idea.

@"nateboyd.5682" said:Those are a pretty unique set, and this is my only issue: the Funerary Greatsword looks very out of place compared to all of the rest of the set. When comparing the Funerary Greatsword to the Funerary Sword, you would almost expect some similarities, but they are almost non-existent. My hope is to see something more along the lines of the Funerary Greatsword, or even the Elonian Axe. Those look very much like they belong to the region, as well as the Funerary Shield. I guess the thing that bothers me is that it feels as though several different cultures designed the Funerary weapon set, whereas it should obviously have been one culture. The Primeval Dynasty. Queen Nadijeh's greatsword fascinated me, and the fact that there is not a similar one handed sword severely disappointed me. The closest I could find was the Elonian Sword, but even then it's not entirely similar. Whilst your comment does help me know how to get the greatsword and shield, it doesn't quite let me know what you think about the entire idea.

probably have the two swapped around? so that the sword looks more like a Khopesh and the greatsword like a single lump of steel

@"crepuscular.9047" said:

probably have the two swapped around? so that the sword looks more like a Khopesh and the greatsword like a single lump of steel

Not quite. I love that the great sword looks like the Khopesh(I could not remember the name earlier), but I would expect the one handed to look similar and the rest of the weapons to look somewhat similar.

Archived