[Fractals] Last Laugh suggestion

Soul.1378

With the new cycle in instabilities "Last Laugh" should be changed to only activate when mobs that are killed rally you/give you exp (which rallies you anyway), and the mobs that don't rally you when killed/give you exp shouldn't explode.

This is prominently seen, but not limited to, in Twilight Oasis during the Grenth phase when Amala spawns all those minions. They explode, every single one of them, but they don't rally you or give you exp when killed. So you're stuck in basically a giant blob bomb when they die.

"Last Laugh" should work like it does in Swampland where mobs that the Bloomhunger spawns do rally you, give you exp to rally, and explode when killed.

Either that or change how it works.Last Laugh currently, according to wiki, is "Each enemy killed explodes within a 180 radius 1.75 seconds after its death, dealing 1-1.5k damage and launching foes around it."

The damage it applies is incorrect and it does two damage packets instead of one, as seen in the imagehttps://imgur.com/a/gB8ADCorrect the damage and make it only apply one packet of damage instead of two.

Nightmare final bubble was also a total pita too with last laugh, for my party. I didn't even realise those dashing mobs triggered last laugh till my party mates told me so.

I mean, I should have figured out that that was what knocked me out 5 times in one contact, but I assumed wrongly that only killables would trigger last laugh.

Wait, are those dashing mobs killables? I always just dodged them

Do the baby slime at subject 6 also trigger it when they give life to him? Haven't tried that with last laugh yet

I just did fractals today after having not done them in awhile. Last laugh made it hard, but far from impossible. More importantly, it was pretty fun during the Amala fight, when the wave of minions that we originally ignored suddenly posed a serious thought. I'm glad I suggested it.

That said, I won't mind a pass on which mobs can trigger last laugh, because it sounds like there's a bit of oversight in certain fractals.

Instabilities should be removed. They cause more trouble than fun, especially that some of them are cool for certain fractals while may cause headaches in others. Also some combos are just plain unfun.

Instead of global instabilities, that are made to pretend to be content, the real challenge should be programmed individually per fractal map. This way you avoid troubles of rebalancing instabilities when they don't suit certain encounters while being non-mechanic in others.

Archived