Lionguard Origin for New Races

Zola.6197

Was just mulling over ideas for implementing new races! Don’t think it’ll ever happen for many technical reasons, but it’s fun for me to work on hypotheticals when bored at work.

I figure any new race added to the game could have a Lion’s Arch origin. You’ve lived their all your life, or you’ve recently moved there - either way your character is a new recruit to the Lionguard. You are dispatched to help one of the major races deal with their local problems, thus choosing from one of the five core racial starting areas.

Essentially you just portal to that area and follow that race’s story. It’d require a lot of subtle rewriting to make “dispatched Lionguard” fit perfectly into those stories, but it could be one they re-use for every hypothetical new race added.

And if ANet wanted to, they could write an entirely original personal story for the Lionguard and simply have them hop around Tyria to appropriate level maps for their PS.

Not the most glamorous way to implement new races, but could be the most practical from a developers standpoint?

Feel free to add your thoughts in the name of fun. :)

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@derd.6413 said:no ppl want new races not a new skin for the old races

Sadly I don’t think you’ll ever get them.

i've made my peace with that already but that doesn't make your idea any better.I’ll chuck it in the garbage right next to your ATTITUDE, young man.

your reply had more of an attitude then mine

Yeah, this is the most practical way of adding new races I've seen proposed yet, Lion's Arch being such a cultural melting pot it makes sense.

They could even add a set of Lion's Arch story line that brings the character into the PS, they'd need some way to tie it into the Destiny's Edge story line but as they have strong Lion's Arch ties that'd be doable. And it would give a plausible way for a Tengu or Kodan "commander" to exist.

Yes we all know they won't do it as if for nothing else they'd still have to record a bazillion lines of dialogue in 5 languages but it is a nice idea.

Archived