Raptor and Springer mounts descending/floating like a skimmer

When I did the forward leap on raptor, the raptor descends slowly / glides down like a skimmer/glider. When I high jumped on springer, it descends slowly and can move in the air like it was a skimmer. Did not test on jackal and griffin. I quit the client and restated, and the issue no longer happens, I can't reproduce the bug so far. This happened about 2 mins before posting this report. I am not using any third party software for GW2 or any other games. It's the first time I've ran into this bug.

I've experienced this once before as well.For me, dismounting and remounting resulted in a return to normal movement behavior.I've not found any reproducible method to cause the bug and have only experienced it the one time.

I've also experienced the skimmer not descending at all after going over a cliff and I could fly around the zone at the high elevation. Again, just the one time and dismounting and remounting (it or another mount) resulted in a return to normal movement/descent behavior.

I also had a Springer flying / gliding like a Griffon around Wintersday. It could do insanely high jumps (about 4 times higher than the already extended mastery version) and slowly glided downwards. Running around with it also felt like there was a lot of air viscosity and low gravity around, e.g. running down a slope always made it hover and take off very quickly, as if a Griffon runs down a cliff, slowly starting to glide, but more extreme.

I only remember switching very quickly between my mounts (as I usually do to avoid the re-mounting delay), spamming the key combination of the next mount I wanted to use, but this didn't cause the bug again all other times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived