Suggestion: Counter to the current boon problem

Hymi.7265

Implement an irremovable boon that lets you be immune to your boons being corrupted or removed. Of course don't make it too op, but make it so that scourges and spellbreakers are less overpowered, especially regarding WvW. A well coordinated use of this boon can be a nice counterplay to the insane boon-corrupt. What you think?

The only real solution to boon-corruption is to make boons what they're in every other MMORPG: temporal enhancements. It's stupid to have every single boon permanently on you. That's ridiculous game-design and one of the reasons why this game is dominated by Chrono and Druid. Nerf boons.

@Raizel.8175 said:The only real solution to boon-corruption is to make boons what they're in every other MMORPG: temporal enhancements. It's stupid to have every single boon permanently on you. That's ridiculous game-design and one of the reasons why this game is dominated by Chrono and Druid. Nerf boons.

How would that work? Hardcap the uptime and then prevent you from stacking it up again? Doesn't make much sense. If you have enough people you will always stack boons up because everyone brings at least some sort of boon stacking to the table. Why shouldn't they have full stacks if a full group has 40 people who can give out might?

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:The current boon system is pandora's box. Now that its been opened and power creep is everywhere, there isn't any going back. Corruption is strong because boons are strong, and making an anti-corruption boon will just tilt the scale into being overpowered in the other direction.

Corruption is doing much more than what's needed to counter boons. The crazy deluge of conditions it causes isn't balancing the issue, it's swinging the pendulum hard in the other direction. Balancing the issue would be something like a debuff that's a reverse of the resistance boon: while under this effect your boons have no effect.

If scourges just removed boons and maybe did some damage, I'd almost be ok with them.....almost. Conversion of every single boon to a condi is ridiculous. That and pick HOW you want to apply it. The fact they can range a shade AND have it on them at the same time is just stupid. One or the other, pick one.

Keep in mind I play scourge for my guild's WvW raids, and I think they are stupid right now. I can't stand WvW at the moment, and am down to maybe a few hours a week in there (may favorite game mode). Sadly, if something isn't done about how scourge works soon I will be done with this game mode.

We do not need even "more stuff" to counter the "more stuff" we received previously. This overbuffing of one of the sides in turn has been going on for years now.They had to do something to break the Boon META. Their solution turned out to be a little too powerful. The next solution shouldn't be to then buff boons in return.What we need are tweaked numbers instead of even more boons or a special boon to completely stop the corruption. What comes after that? A special boon strip to take off this new boon in case it turns out to be too strong?

Archived