Suggest console release

Excelsior.

No, leave consoles out. Consoles are poor pieces of hardware that are forced to be stuck and can't follow the time.It might be fine now, but what happens in future? As a former FF14 player, I fondly remember the "We can't do this because of PlayStation 3".Moving NPCs around because the console could not handle it, my cheap GTX670 did well. Memory issues? 16 GByte in a PC, but the PS3? PS3 players loaded slower and caused you to take a coffee break and they often had super bad gameplay because they had to squeeze 100 skills onto the gamepad with permanent "layer" shifting. Communication was also bad: "I have a keyboard, but I won't plug it in, becuz console".

Please, stop that stuff. The world is full with poor console ports screwing over actual hardware, PC that is. No need to lower to console level.

@"Zedek.8932" said:Excelsior.

No, leave consoles out. Consoles are poor pieces of hardware that are forced to be stuck and can't follow the time.It might be fine now, but what happens in future? As a former FF14 player, I fondly remember the "We can't do this because of PlayStation 3".Moving NPCs around because the console could not handle it, my cheap GTX670 did well. Memory issues? 16 GByte in a PC, but the PS3? PS3 players loaded slower and caused you to take a coffee break and they often had super bad gameplay because they had to squeeze 100 skills onto the gamepad with permanent "layer" shifting. Communication was also bad: "I have a keyboard, but I won't plug it in, becuz console".

Please, stop that stuff. The world is full with poor console ports screwing over actual hardware, PC that is. No need to lower to console level.

They are called peasants no gw2 like all mmo belongs on pc for its keyboard and mouse and better specs for its not very rellyable too chat with a controller also ms and sony put fees on patching too(to control it works)

One big problem in GW2's case is that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo want to approve all updates before they're released, and the developers have to pay the costs for the approval process. That's why some cross-platform games like Elder Scrolls Online always release updates for PC first - they can release it on PC as soon as it's done but have to wait for permission to release it on consoles.

For a game like GW2 which can get updates several times a month that could quickly get expensive. The alternative is to bundle console updates together, maybe doing 1 per month or so, but then they have to wait longer for bug fixes and end up feeling like 2nd class citizens.

Also it's highly unlikely the console owners would permit them to do cross-platform play. I know Elder Scrolls Online wasn't allowed to do it, so it would risk fragmenting the population rather than increasing it.

Archived