About the On Wiki Of Gold project

This is mi problem with this game

To do somthing, you need the wiki

And other gw2 pages like a full dedicated page just for level up your craft profesion, but for craft things you need gw2 eficiency

But for that, that youtube tutorial, i spend more time in wikis and pages and tutorials that playing the game

Im sorri but wath makes this game playable is the comunity 

Instead of invest on the wiki you should put that information in to the game not aut of the game, and stop playing 

Sorry but is not fun 

• Like 7
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Drax.7308 said:

And other gw2 pages like a full dedicated page just for level up your craft profesion, but for craft things you need gw2 eficiency

But for that, that youtube tutorial, i spend more time in wikis and pages and tutorials that playing the game

Instead of invest on the wiki you should put that information in to the game not aut of the game, and stop playing 

Sorry but is not fun 

You are aware that the Wiki and gw2efficiency are written and maintained by players and not ArenaNet? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2022 at 3:26 AM, Drax.7308 said:

Sorry but is not fun 

I dont know why people downvote this comment. Because its 100% the reality of Gw2 you are somtimes more time out of the game looking for youtube/wki/whatever thing than playing.

One of the things i hate the most is when i have to do an achivement to get something that is behind it (for example the extractor of material of lws3) and you have to watch 20 sec of video, go to game and do it, minimize, watch another 20 sec and like that. And its like 90% of the time when im doing achivements or getting info about stuff.

Or even the skyscale, oh my god, i aet like 9 videos of 35 min each. Thats like watching 3-4 films while you were minimizing and copying what the guy on the video was doing.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

I dont know why people downvote this comment. Because its 100% the reality of Gw2 you are somtimes more time out of the game looking for youtube/wki/whatever thing than playing.

One of the things i hate the most is when i have to do an achivement to get something that is behind it (for example the extractor of material of lws3) and you have to watch 20 sec of video, go to game and do it, minimize, watch another 20 sec and like that. And its like 90% of the time when im doing achivements or getting info about stuff.

Or even the skyscale, oh my god, i aet like 9 videos of 35 min each. Thats like watching 3-4 films while you were minimizing and copying what the guy on the video was doing.

You do know the people who made those videos/tutorials got it with only ingame information right?

You could try to do the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/16/2022 at 10:38 PM, Veilmourne.9873 said:

Hi are the rewards listed for the wiki participation official ? I mean i wont get punished if i do them right?

No one will tell you anything there, lol, You will be lucky if you can  get pass all the GATE KEEPERS to do anything. LOL, i mean i tried to help out at some point, everything I put up is either removed, edited and throw away like I never did anything, so I don't know, I tried to contribute, its just not a friendly environment for me to want to contribute my time, I rather play the game. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

No one will tell you anything there, lol, You will be lucky if you can  get pass all the GATE KEEPERS to do anything. LOL, i mean i tried to help out at some point, everything I put up is either removed, edited and throw away like I never did anything, so I don't know, I tried to contribute, its just not a friendly environment for me to want to contribute my time, I rather play the game. 

Please note:
* If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly or redistributed by others, do not submit it.

This is a text you get when you are about to submit an edit. It's a very good advice.

And Inculpatus already linked the project's page, but yes, the rewards come from ArenaNet.

Edited by Sime.3681
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

It's a wiki. Everyone edits everything. There is no gatekeeping. But because it's a wiki, you should not expect your contributions to be immaculately preserved for eternity because no one's single contribution ever is. No one's.

If, however, you mean you got reverted, then you likely added information that was false or in the wrong location (which should have been added to the right location by the person who reverted you, if it wasn't already), and a note explaining such in the edit summary.

If you're editing any wiki expecting it to be preserved without change ever again, well either that wiki is simply inactive or such will never occur. Even a random IP can alter the admins' contributions and such will persist until the next editor comes around.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1