PVP Scrapper -- Stop the nerfs

N A T E.3108

@"Chaith.8256" said:I have two Scrappers.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpidpCubBEqil7jieVb1aVEhTUAsJA-jJxHABiv/gyPAAAuAA0XGAA( Alchemy mid-mid-mid )

This is a very, very tenacious survivor, revive utility, and condition remover of allies. Seems like the strongest build Scrapper has to offer.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUhqrY9VwALQ7FLDGl47UChA9nn5h+XAsetHA-jJROABnfBAAY/hifAAwUGAA

This one is a teamfighting powerhouse that hard counters low ranked players whose whole team humps the mid point, mortar is the cornerstone here with the occasional 10k Electro-Whirl in self-defense.

I'm afraid that neither of these builds is very viable in this meta... the first build is fine vs condi classes; however, you have next to no damage, very little healing, and I guarantee that you could not win, or even tank, against power-based classes. You would pop very quickly. PLUS, apart from rezzing and the occasional support condi removal, you are useless to your team.The second build is definitely not viable. You might be able to get a big electro whirl in every once in a while, but in any decent level of pvp, that build will be severely ineffective. I play zerk engi from time to time, and the slight bit more dps isn't worth the squishiness. This is especially true with your rendition, considering that you do not have adaptive armor traited or a stun break beyond elixer S. It may be a fun build to land on someone occasionally, but other classes do it much better, and aren't consistently one-shotted as a result.

Please don't take these criticisms personally. I am merely stating that scrapper still isn't in a good place.

@N A T E.3108 said:Please don't take these criticisms personally. I am merely stating that scrapper still isn't in a good place.

Scrapper is better than you think right now. Very capable of carrying and being a huge obstacle. In my week straight of playing it, I found myself very addicted to its power. I did not die to power classes due to easily converting vuln to prot, and had no problem navigating the in-flux of Soulbeasts and Mesmers.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@N A T E.3108 said:Please don't take these criticisms personally. I am merely stating that scrapper still isn't in a good place.

Scrapper is better than you think right now. Very capable of carrying and being a huge obstacle. In my week straight of playing it, I found myself very addicted to its power. I did not die to power classes due to easily converting vuln to prot, and had no problem navigating the in-flux of Soulbeasts and Mesmers.

I agree. It's in a good spot EXCEPT we need better cohesion (i.e. Expert Examination).

@padreadamo.3986 said:

I agree. It's in a good spot EXCEPT we need better cohesion (i.e. Expert Examination).

Yeah. Dead traits like Expert Examine, Shocking Speed are crappy but most elite specs have a couple too.

Obviously it's not meta, but a viable pick. Like, objectively, it doesn't need attention when compared to things like Core Engi, core Necro, or Rev profession.

I wouldn't be against pushing Scrapper to become meta in PvP, because it's not even on the PvE/WvW meta.

I'm just not strongly for it, either. I think unless Scrapper was re-worked to have a more involved damage style, you wouldn't want to have Scrappers on side nodes as the new pre-nerf Spellbreakers that just crap out glassy 1v1 damage while being a complete raid boss.

If they do bring Scrapper up because it's largely considered obsolete in GW2, I hope they buff the teamfight damage or teamfight capabilities in other ways like allied support and utility, not side node monkey damage or monkey 1vX potential

For example, if Gyros and Scrapper traits simply became more beneficial to allies.

@Chaith.8256 said:

I main scrapper and have for years: I understand that as a class, there are ways to use it to be effective, but other classes just are given so much more than scrapper. We have been repeatedly nerfed every balance update and given nothing in return for the nerfs.

I think you must be playing on some very low-tier pvp to feel that those builds you posted are viable. Esp, with you taking the quickness trait over adaptive armor (hammer scrap doesn't even really benefit from quickness apart from a faster heal cast). The only thing scrap has going for it, is that it is SO FAR out of the meta, that no one knows how to fight against it... but that is only really true with noobs.

@N A T E.3108 said:We have been repeatedly nerfed every balance update and given nothing in return for the nerfs.

Anti-Corrosive Plating, Recovery Matrix barrier, decisive renown tweak, impact Savant tweak, 30% mortar buffs, this is the compensation for nerfs to prot injection and self-regulating defenses that you claim did not happen, anyone objective would agree they helped immensely when also combined with many nerfs to other professions like SB, Holo, Thief, Druid, etc.

The prot injection nerf is very mitigated by bringing condi removal and cleansing vuln into prot.

The way you prefer adaptive armor indicates there is no way for you to successfully revive, you and the Function Gyro really need the multiple stabilities from Final Salvo and reconstruction field on top.

If you play Scrapper as a side noder and/or are trying to use a build to focus on bruiser-damage and still being able to kill, you're no longer playing Scrapper correctly. Maximum 1vX and Support is more effective.

If you go to my twitch (Chaithh) there are hours of Scrapper VoDs showing build testing process and results of builds I linked.

And the Zerker Scrapper, the quickness is not for Hammer, it's essentialy a mortar build. You haven't touched Mortar since buff have you?

Edit: Anyway, I would not be opposed to Scrapper being more beneficial to allies and possibly less selfish. Gyros and Scrapper traits providing more positive effects would be what I would change.

1v1 Scrapper with Hammer focused damage, little stability & adaptive armor is bad, buffs to more offensive Scrapper setups would be reasonable

@N A T E.3108 said:

I main scrapper and have for years: I understand that as a class, there are ways to use it to be effective, but other classes just are given so much more than scrapper. We have been repeatedly nerfed every balance update and given nothing in return for the nerfs.

I think you must be playing on some very low-tier pvp to feel that those builds you posted are viable. Esp, with you taking the quickness trait over adaptive armor (hammer scrap doesn't even really benefit from quickness apart from a faster heal cast). The only thing scrap has going for it, is that it is SO FAR out of the meta, that no one knows how to fight against it... but that is only really true with noobs.

This is hilarious. Nate doesn't have any idea who Chaith is. lol

@Dristig.9678 said:

This is hilarious. Nate doesn't have any idea who Chaith is. lol

OMEGALUL lets see what he continues with XD

Archived