Powder Kegs for Sieging

Mokk.2397

Running powder kegs like in the Boss event "Kill Admiral Taidha Covington". But if you get attacked, the keg you are carrying explodes. Not really doing much damage but maybe tossing you around .Add some skills like dodge roll ,speed ,keg toss and target throw .It would get more people involved in the procedure of sieging a wall instead of just standing around and it would be hilarious throwing kegs of explosives around.

I really like this idea! If the powder keg supply were located in towers, camps, and keeps then there would be even more incentive to defend them with the added bonus of making it more involved than just 1 person mashing the"2" button on a catapult-Wish I could give more than just a +1

Would be pretty hilarious to have a keg stockpile by the quartermaster to carry and either lay on the inside of the keep door or throw over the wall onto a zerg at the gate. Would give something to do other than wait for the the defenses to fall once the ranged take out your cannons and oil.

I give the idea a +1 but there's a few things to consider. How much damage do they do? To base walls, I would think the equivalent of a zero charge basic catapult shot, to base gate, a basic ram strike without mastery. A mastery line could be available to increase the damage, add knockback effect to them (for defending with by dropping over walls), maybe a pip that adds a fire field (like mortar) and for even enabling a person to use them.

Potential problem: for-seeing the map queue blobs all "kegging" up and rushing to a gate or wall, dropping their kegs and doing massive damage to the structure right up front and "one-shotting" it. Potential solutions: carrying the keg replaces weapon skill (like I imagine was in the OP's thoughts) and without the option to "stow" or "drop and pick back up", you are a duck running around in open field with them. Limiting the number that "spawn" in objectives, probably make it contingent on tier AND/OR have a "powder-keg build station" in tier 2 or 3 that you can use to convert the supply there into the kegs. I think that would be the better route, promotes defending and attacking tiered over k-training outer towers even more as it gives tiered structures an "offensive" ability and serves to limit the number of kegs available.How much supply for each keg then? Maybe 10 supply per keg? May seem like a lot but 500 supply would = 50 kegs = 50 instant catapult shots, and that's a bit over powered, so there's number's and balance to consider. They need enough oomph to have an impact for smaller groups but not so much that they can melt defenses for big zergs. Perhaps a "area-siege-cap" effect on them, only so many at once can be deployed or even make them destructible before they explode. Give them a 2 second timer and enough "health" that they won't "die" from AC fire but another keg going off next to them would destroy them and either negate their damage completely or significantly diminish it.

I do like the idea though, and a way for defenders to fight back other that arrow carts or siege disabler (which I kinda dislike) would be nice. "Droppin bombs" over the wall to knock them off of and damage their siege sounds like a lot of fun =)

Make them a Tactic, limit the number that spawn, require a mastery to use/improve damage, defense etc. This will put them on a cooldown timer, give scribes something to do, take wood and other mats out of the economy, and give folks with all those extra mastery points something to spend some on. Limiting spawn numbers could prevent 50 barrels taking down a T1 wall in 1 shot.

@"Fiddle Irk.9710" said:I give the idea a +1 but there's a few things to consider. How much damage do they do? To base walls, I would think the equivalent of a zero charge basic catapult shot, to base gate, a basic ram strike without mastery. A mastery line could be available to increase the damage, add knockback effect to them (for defending with by dropping over walls), maybe a pip that adds a fire field (like mortar) and for even enabling a person to use them.

Potential problem: for-seeing the map queue blobs all "kegging" up and rushing to a gate or wall, dropping their kegs and doing massive damage to the structure right up front and "one-shotting" it. Potential solutions: carrying the keg replaces weapon skill (like I imagine was in the OP's thoughts) and without the option to "stow" or "drop and pick back up", you are a duck running around in open field with them. Limiting the number that "spawn" in objectives, probably make it contingent on tier AND/OR have a "powder-keg build station" in tier 2 or 3 that you can use to convert the supply there into the kegs. I think that would be the better route, promotes defending and attacking tiered over k-training outer towers even more as it gives tiered structures an "offensive" ability and serves to limit the number of kegs available.How much supply for each keg then? Maybe 10 supply per keg? May seem like a lot but 500 supply would = 50 kegs = 50 instant catapult shots, and that's a bit over powered, so there's number's and balance to consider. They need enough oomph to have an impact for smaller groups but not so much that they can melt defenses for big zergs. Perhaps a "area-siege-cap" effect on them, only so many at once can be deployed or even make them destructible before they explode. Give them a 2 second timer and enough "health" that they won't "die" from AC fire but another keg going off next to them would destroy them and either negate their damage completely or significantly diminish it.

I do like the idea though, and a way for defenders to fight back other that arrow carts or siege disabler (which I kinda dislike) would be nice. "Droppin bombs" over the wall to knock them off of and damage their siege sounds like a lot of fun =)

When I was thinking about this and posted the other day, I was thinking similiarly. That picking up a keg would disable all other weapon skills except for the 1-2 keg abilities much like when we fight Captain Taidha Covington in Blood Tide Coast. Or there could be a duration to how long they could be held for. Say... you pick them up and they become armed, and explode after 30 seconds or if the holder is hit with high impact (siege weapon hit, enemy player etc). There absolutely should be balance with it, and not something else for the zerg to take advantage of.

Brilliant idea. I'd like to see this, but it needs to be balanced carefully.How about, put a limited number in each "walled" objective, and the number increases in higher tiers.In towers - 3 in T0, 5 in T1, 7 in T2, 10 in T3.7 in T0 keeps, 10 in T1, 15 in T2, 20 in T3.One dolly reaching a gate resupplies 1 keg. Maybe a tactic in a keep that resupplies kegs over time/gives more kegs per dolly?

Each Powder Keg does damage equal to non-charged normal catapult shot.Picking up a Powder Keg forces you to walk and locks all weapon skills.Taking any damage causes you to drop the keg, which explodes after 1 second and does a considerable AoE damage (5-8k) to allies around (so a chain reaction is possible).

@Khailyn.6248 said:

There absolutely should be balance with it, and not something else for the zerg to take advantage of.

I was totally thinking the same thing. If they are not implemented right, then zergs will just all powder keg up and land bombs that just knock people around like ping pong balls. I like the idea of a 30 second timer on it, limiting the range and length of time someone can carry it.

Archived