Faster way of selling minor/major runes

My vote is to convince ANet to ignore this issue and focus instead on changing how we gear up in the first place. Upgrades made sense at launch (as partly evidenced by the fact that even minors had some value above vendor, if only to forge to rares), but now only a tiny handful of the exotics are worth much. Further, running multiple builds is such a pain that many people buy an extra character slot to make this easier: you want just the right combination of stats plus upgrade, and that can vary for open world, fractals, raids, WvW, and even story instances.

I'm willing to live with the problem of managing minor runes & sigils while ANet re-invents the mechanics of gear.

Gotta love some of the drama: I'm done with that section of the game, so just remove it, we don't need new players anyway. I'm not sure about other new players, but they do sell to a vendor, and every rune/sigil I can sell to a vendor allows me to raise my funds just a little bit more. The better solution is to make it where you can assign them as junk as you pull 'em, and then they'll sell when you hit the "Sell Junk" button. I just hope that, if this happens, we don't get some of the same people coming to the forums complaining that they can now accidentally sell runes/sigils they wanted to keep, and need to have their monetary value removed... /hide

@"robertthebard.8150" said:Gotta love some of the drama: I'm done with that section of the game, so just remove it, we don't need new players anyway. I'm not sure about other new players, but they do sell to a vendor, and every rune/sigil I can sell to a vendor allows me to raise my funds just a little bit more. The better solution is to make it where you can assign them as junk as you pull 'em, and then they'll sell when you hit the "Sell Junk" button. I just hope that, if this happens, we don't get some of the same people coming to the forums complaining that they can now accidentally sell runes/sigils they wanted to keep, and need to have their monetary value removed... /hide

I leveled my crafting by crafting them, but these days they don't even sell for 1/10 of the price of material used to create them in first place.

@"Orion Templar.4589" said:I'd like the ability to right-click an item and have the option to "mark as junk" or "unmark as junk". Then items I've added to my junk list would sell in one click at the merchant when I click the Sell Junk button.

We actually don't need that for ruins and sigils, they are already junk! I suggested salvage a few months back, nobody cared, they are still there, filling yours and my inventory.

Here I am!

dmqSJqd.jpg

What do you need in order to deal with runes:

• Invisible bags which can contain every kind of rare and uncommon rune/sigil which can be dropped by salvaging intems
  • Put 1x every rune/sigil inside your invisible bag when you get it from salvage, and all the new runes/sigils wil go there without occupy your inventory space.
  • Once you have a full stack you will have the runes/sigils in your main backpack. Check your invisible bags for the one you are looking for and remove 249 of em, then sell them.

Total space required for all runes/sigils = 100

There you go.

Ps: It's better to get moving, because it's this way since the release and there's no way it's going to change because of stuff like extra bag slots, golds to 32 slots bags, bank slots, storage slots, etc... the soon you start, the better! ( i have 32 slot bags x 10 but as you can see you don't need them at all. unlocking 7/8 total bags is enough )

@bobsort.4097 said:

@"Orion Templar.4589" said:I'd like the ability to right-click an item and have the option to "mark as junk" or "unmark as junk". Then items I've added to my junk list would sell in one click at the merchant when I click the Sell Junk button.

We actually don't need that for ruins and sigils, they are already junk! I suggested salvage a few months back, nobody cared, they are still there, filling yours and my inventory.

Not quite. If you click the "Sell Junk" button at a merchant right now, minor/major runes and sigils don't sell. What I meant is it would be nice to have a way to build a custom list that defines what is junk. I'd add minor/major runes and sigils to my "junk list" so that when I click the "Sell Junk" button at the merchant, those items would instantly sell. I'd like it to be a custom list per account so each player can define their own list. Some people may have longer junk lists than others.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:

@Orion Templar.4589 said:I'd like the ability to right-click an item and have the option to "mark as junk" or "unmark as junk". Then items I've added to my junk list would sell in one click at the merchant when I click the Sell Junk button.

Not quite. If you click the "Sell Junk" button at a merchant right now, minor/major runes and sigils don't sell. What I meant is it would be nice to have a way to build a custom list that defines what is junk. I'd add minor/major runes and sigils to my "junk list" so that when I click the "Sell Junk" button at the merchant, those items would instantly sell. I'd like it to be a custom list per account so each player can define their own list. Some people may have longer junk lists than others.

I know that, pun intended!

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:My vote is to convince ANet to ignore this issue and focus instead on changing how we gear up in the first place. Upgrades made sense at launch (as partly evidenced by the fact that even minors had some value above vendor, if only to forge to rares), but now only a tiny handful of the exotics are worth much. Further, running multiple builds is such a pain that many people buy an extra character slot to make this easier: you want just the right combination of stats plus upgrade, and that can vary for open world, fractals, raids, WvW, and even story instances.

I'm willing to live with the problem of managing minor runes & sigils while ANet re-invents the mechanics of gear.

Best post this week by far. Congratulations.

Archived