Patch notes are out.. Let the Saltstorm begin

Devilman.1532

@"Kuya.6495" said:"waaaaaaaa, powercreep and auto-defenses!"

anet nerfs power creep and auto defenses.

"waaaaa, you nerfed my main!"

Can't please everyone i guess.

lol dude they power creeped the game 1000% and then nerfed it about 2%. It is a drop in the ocean. The changes are totally insignificant. Have you seen the classes and the spam? There is no give and take in pvp, it is purely just spamming everything as quickly as possible. This change does NOTHING to address this. It is impossible to address this honestly.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ghos.1326 said:

@"Lotus.1682" said:They nerfed direct damage and passive defenses which I'm ok with. By doing this however, they also indirectly buffed condi damage which is frustrating.

Condi damage is not that strong however as it is, since the balance made for condition damage in general. Also, direct burst damage still hurts (as it should) so it all evens out in the end.

I disagree. Playing S/D thief, a lot of my "survival" passives revolved around condi clear. This getting nerfed indirectly makes condi much more effective. With the nerf in people's survivability coupled with the reduction in damage, condi bombers like scourge got a massive buff. Let's not forget the Obstructed "fix" on shades which makes them EVEN stronger...

That being said, power mirage is still ridiculously strong. After this patch, I don't see any situation where a thief on your team would be better than mesmer which makes me very sad.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@"DerJoker.9081" said:The patch is awesome!!Some things are still not ideal, but all in all, look at what happened:Powercreep reduced: CHECKPassive defenses reduced: CHECKTaking away dmg or survivability from strong classes instead of adding more of it to weak ones: CHECK

It can not be perfect, but it is the biggest step in the right direction we had in a long time!I understand that it is important to hint at what is not working nicely at the moment, pls take time and appreciate what Anet is doing as well!

I can't agree with you here.

Most of these nerfs are fine. Not fully sure about how I feel about the cool downs. But as it stands my main class has completely lost all value in PvP. And lost just about everything that's supposed to define it's design. Granted this conclusion is from ALL of the harsh nerfs over the years, but this last one is a nail in the coffin.

Before, it was manageable. As you get to higher brackets, limitations started getting in the way. To get around the years of nerfs I've has to abuse every small little trick. Even using about face and roll abilities to cut people off or get around them. Or turning the camera to the side and about facing to strafe at speed.

Now it is like I have to put in FAR more effort than my opponents to win any fight as a thief. Waaaay too much than I'm willing to tolerate. If they tone down that AA Nerf... We'll see. But even with taking zerks, you're not doing anything without popping assassin's signet.

I honestly thought the auto nerf wouldn't be a problem. Was I wrong.

I'll probably just sit this season out. Anet made it clear they don't want thieves. Or make a mesmer as they basically can do everything a thief is supposed to and are relevant.

A good thief sitting the season out? Please don't leave. Get your Sword/Dagger on and punish the mesmer meta that is out there. It's a straight up counter and you are what is needed on far harass to combat them. Don't think your role is gone because you combat literally the single biggest complaint right now other than scourge. If they "waste" a mesmer on holding home/far instead of punishing a scourge, then show them they screwed up. Power staff mes is one of the biggest contenders for node holder and you can end them easier than most classes.

EDIT: Also don't forget about your bow and cluster bemb. There is some serious damage when combined with steal when used properly. Ended a few mesmers that way. I'm still learning sword dagger, but have dualed with mirror comp thieves in plat (1v1's) and mesmers post patch, and still have a great fight on my hands, and I'm still just a few hours into the class. If I can do it, you can too. Nerfs happen, but the best players will still rise out on top regardless.

Archived