Please undo the change to Reinforced Olmakhan Bandolier

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:And it seems they weren't interested in giving players a plus-size standard bag. That's my entire point.

You're trying to argue the sushi joint should have been selling thai food, when the problem was that they couldn't offer the planned sushi menu at opening and some people got used to their temp menu. (Yes, I know that analogy is silly)

No dude.My point is that i Got one item and somebody changed it without ask me anything.

The point is that nobody cares what they wanted to give.

They didn't test the item before the reelease.They gave the item to players.They didn't ask players if they were ok or not with the modify.

We wanted the item different

The care i could give?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bugs happen.Sometimes they reach live before they are discovered.Usually they get acknowledged.Then they are hopefully fixed.

This is exactly what happened here.They acknowledged, both here (the official forum) and on reddit (known to be the place with most dev interaction). Non game-breaking bugs generally don't get posted on fb or twitter.Then they fixed it.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Bugs happen.Sometimes they reach live before they are discovered.Usually they get acknowledged.Then they are hopefully fixed.

This is exactly what happened here.They acknowledged, both here (the official forum) and on reddit (known to be the place with most dev interaction). Non game-breaking bugs generally don't get posted on fb or twitter.Then they fixed it.

Yeah, it's strange that some people seem to feel that ArenaNet should have asked for their permission before fixing this bug.

I don't believe that they've ever done that. Nor should they.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Pretty much everything Shirlias said and said well. All this hand wringing and debate over something that has such an easy fix is amazing to me.

Again, give us a choice over how we want the bag to operate or which bag we want.

Everybody wins.

On the other hand, the collection reward plainly stated what kind of bag you'd get. Don't like what was advertised? Don't bother with the collection. Complaining that you actually receive what you were told you were going to receive as a reward doesn't strike me as appropriate.

All it should be doing is make those that wanted a 32 slot invisible bag to go out and craft one, then you'll have this bag and a 32 slot invisible one as well...which is what I intend to do now because mine was holding all those Champion and Legendary chests/bags/etc. that I'm accumulating from all the bounties I'm killing, and it was a perfect place to leave them until I'm ready to open them. As for compacting, I'm pretty sure my existing 20-slot invisible bag can be compacted, but I could be wrong, would have to check and I don't feel like it.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:The 32 slot bag that was the reward for that 3 step Lasting Bonds collection after finishing the LWS4E2 story ... you removed the "invisible" function that was on the bag and now all of my "protected items" are sellable and compactable. Apparently you never intended the bag to have this function, but I say to you that removing this function dramatically decreases the appeal of the collection, achievement and my satisfaction with the reward.

Please revert this change.

I have to agree that while the invisible bag function may have not been intended, it was handy, because of the combination of it sorting for containers and consumables AND making them invisible. That's a unique quality in bags. I was making a second 32 slot olmakhan satchel because of this functionality.. it depreciates the value of the bag for it to not be invisible, namely because now I have to manually pull the unidentified gear drops that I get from chests and events into an invisible bag in order to salvage, otherwise I salvage the unid'ed item which is undesirable. Before the patch, I could collect those unided items in the satchel as they dropped and salvage items that were in my other bags without worrying about salvaging things I didn't want to salvage. It made this particular bag particularly useful for doing meta events in PoF and LS4 content where you get a lot of those unided gear drops, now it loses some of that value.

There's already 32 slot bag options for people who want to be able to sell and salvage the contents from them. This was the only bag that filtered for containers and consumables first, and was invis.

and I might say really the dividing line is those unidentified gear drops... the fact that you can salvage them before identifying them means you cannot use auto-salvage on all your green and blue gear, until you use all your blue and green unid'ed gears to identify them, or manually move them into an invisible bag. You don't want to salvage them without ID'ing, as blues can give you rares, and greens can give you exotics depending on your magic find, so it's always a mistake to salvage them unid'ed.No, having a normal invisible bag is not enough because that doesn't sort for consumables first like the unid'ed gear. What you needed for a meta/wvw train loot bag, was a bag that sorted for containers and consumables first... and was invisible. That was exactly what the Bandolier was, and now it's not. Other people just wanted a "free" 32 slot normal bag and didn't care about the special qualities of this bag.

@"Adzekul.3104" said:Part of the problem is they should have just left it as it was. Nobody was upset with the functionality when they received the bag (waiting for that one person to try to contradict this statement ...).

Someone seriously overlooked the consequences of this change.

there were constant threads both here and on reddit that contradict that statement.... a lot of people were upset with the fact that it was invisible. A lot of people made the counter argument that they preferred it being invisible. One thing remained consistent, however, and that is the fact that the bag never had "hides from vendor lists" in its description that all other invisible bags have, and so this was from the start an unintended behavior of the bags. It was a bug, and they fixed it, and it had nothing to do with community feedback.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:No matter what ANet does, there won't be "no complaints", simply "different complaints".

Oh, that's not true.If four 32 slot bags exist and you give players 1 for free of their choice, there won't be any complaint.

It's you that convinced yourself about that.

Like now, the community could be split between the old and the new bag.If there would have been 4 bags to chose betwee, there won't have been any complaints ( unless things like "I choose the wrong bag", but this is a "SUPPORT TEAM" issue, as you know ).

Nothing but Logic.

In before "people would have asked for a free mount instead" or stuff like this.32 slot bags exist in-game in 4 functionalities (plain, equipment, crafting material, trash). ANet introduces a 32 slot bag with the 5th functionality available to bags (consumables) that's been asked for, and puts it in game as a collection reward. Your logic is to scrap the asked for bag variant and instead introduce an alternate way to get the bags that already are in game. I'm sure there's people that would like this, but it doesn't really look like what ANet set out to do. What's logic got to do with offering a reward with a totally different goal instead of the one they implemented?

Btw, customer support is a very real and potentially quite expensive aspect of anything they put in game, so I suspect that to give out a reward that might bring with it considerable support expenses is something ANet won't do lightly.

Consumable bags existed from WvW before this, actually... the new functionality was loot containers. It is true, however, that the bags description never had the requisite "does not appear in vendor lists" descriptor and never was intended to be an invisible bag, so they fixed a bug with the item regardless of community feedback, not because of it.

@"Shirlias.8104" said:Aa said before, the recipe could have add to a vendor. And there we could have had a choice between 5 bags.

I am sorry but you don't want to see the proper way to introduce items. It's not that players like to whine all the time, but that sometimes anet do deliberately stuff not in a fair and proper way.

Everybody would have been able to guess that, if the real goal were to give players a 32 slot bag, there could have been different options, like giving a standard bag or a choice between all bags.

If things had been made that way, how could have a player made a complaint?

Also remember that they gave an invia bag, and after that they decided to remove it.They didn't even test the item before releasing it.

The bags description never had the requisite "does not appear in vendor lists" descriptor and never was intended to be an invisible bag, so they fixed a bug with the item regardless of community feedback, not because of it.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not simply a change. I sold my two invisible bags for whatever the buy price was to consolidate all my invisible items into one bag slot due to the 32-slot achievement reward Bandolier being invisible, and then bought another fractal equipment box for the freed up slot. Now I cannot revert those actions.

I was actually complaining at first that it was invisible. But I expected it not to change, so I figured out a solution that was even better. And now all that for nothing.

I seriously hope I don't merch any of my alternate gear sets without realizing it. I usually double click until the list is empty.

BTW, the original bag description described what can only be non-normal bag behavior. It was suggestive of invisible bag behavior but used different words, which made it very confusing. Finding out that it functioned like invisible only confirmed that the description was referring to this functionality.

As much as I want to hate Anet for this, that has already been done with the introduction of Megaservers. That alone has killed my interest in the game far more than what this Bandolier crap can do. Now it's just another lesser drawback among other major drawbacks of the game. Once again,

Praise Joko.

I am glad it became non-invisible, makes it a LOT more useful now! Just buy a frigging invisible bag for protected items!I have full 20 slot bags beside this 32 slot bag. I see no real need to go bigger. Not managed to fill them yet before doing a round on salvage/selling/tping.

@"Mephu Tahm Jr.1962" said:

BTW, the original bag description described what can only be non-normal bag behavior. It was suggestive of invisible bag behavior but used different words, which made it very confusing. Finding out that it functioned like invisible only confirmed that the description was referring to this functionality.

I'm pretty sure they didn't change the text. It follows the same pattern as the other sorting bags:"If possible, X will fill this bag before other empty spaces."

Most of them fail to notice the non-condensing function:"The contents of this pack will not move when inventory is sorted."Except Invisible/Safe and Seigemaster bags.

However, invisible bags notes their functionality:"Items in this box will never appear in a sell-to-vendor list"

This last part was never in the Olmakhan description. That, to me, is indication enough that the invisible function was unintended.I do however understand that to someone who's only special bags have been invisible ones, the non-collapsing note can indicate a similarity, since while all special bags function that way, almost only invisible ones have noted it.

Archived