Patch March 27, 2018 - Ranger

Dragonzhunter.8506

RangerSignet of Renewal: Fixed a bug that could prevent this skill from working correctly and granting resistance when used by a merged soulbeast.Spider—Poison Gas: Fixed a bug that could prevent this skill from working properly when the ranger and pet were at significant range differences.Swoop (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug that would prevent a merged soulbeast from being able to hit a target at near-maximum range (1,200).Poison Gas (Soulbeast): Fixed a bug that caused the number-of-targets skill fact to not display.Supportive Pets: Fixed a bug that caused supportive pet effects on merged soulbeasts to affect the ranger rather than their allies. Clarified the description of this effect.Rugged Growth: Reduced healing coefficient contribution by 50% in PvP only. Fixed a bug that caused this trait to continue healing a ranger even when protection had fallen off them when used in conjunction with a specific set of other traits.Lunar Impact: Fixed a display bug that could cause the visuals of this skill to pop away before completing.Verdant Etching: Fixed a bug that could prevent players from summoning a lesser seed of life if they were in midair when it was summoned.Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only.Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only.Solar Beam: Reduced damage per strike by 17% in PvP only.Signet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only.Ricochet: Increased damage by 14% in PvP and WvW. Increased might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.Winter's Bite: Increased damage by 20% in PvP and WvW. Increased the bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW.Splitblade: Increased damage per axe by 33% in PvP and WvW.Instinctive Engage: Increased damage by 67% in PvP and WvW.Healing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.Stoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.Shared Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only.Grace of the Land: Reduced the might applied from 3 stacks to 2 stacks in PvP only.Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only."We Heal As One!": Reduced duration of copied might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared might duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.Ambidexterity: Increased the condition damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvW.Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW.

as a Wvw Roamer the biggest changes to me where:

1. Signet of Renewal: Fixed a bug that could prevent this skill from working correctly and granting resistance when used by a merged soulbeast.
  2. Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW.

The rest are PvP only and i'm glad, these would have really hurt Druid and Soulbeast in WvW. If you're playing marauder or zerk builds in pvp you're definately going to see some loss of sustain with all the nerfs. Axe could replace LB?

@FrouFrou.4958 said:What a time to be alive! It's a patch day and ranger forums are not on fire.

Well, maybe because Soulbeast wasn't affected too much, I mean not in bad way, at least not in sPVP and WvW.Druid got a big nerf in sPVP. In WvW he is still ok, maybe better because of the new changes of Signet of Stone and Healing Spring.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

1. Indifferent i play mainly PvE
  2. Hope they will unsplit many of this

Splitblade split will be 1 year soon ! :#Poison Volley does higher power damage than Splitblade in PvE. On a 100% condi weapon, nonetheless.

June 20, 2017 : The damage per axe hit of this skill has been increased by 200% in PvP only.

I am happy for the axe and greatsword users, but this patch seems like nothing but nerf to me otherwise. On my current build there was not one buff or even QoL change.The nerfs include Rugged Growth, Supportive Pet, Refined Toxins, and "WHaO." Not a good patch in my opinion, but not as bad as the boon nerf one last year.

@"Kilrik.6320" said:I am happy for the axe and greatsword users, but this patch seems like nothing but nerf to me otherwise. On my current build there was not one buff or even QoL change.The nerfs include Rugged Growth, Supportive Pet, Refined Toxins, and "WHaO." Not a good patch in my opinion, but not as bad as the boon nerf one last year.

Agree with you, I play only sPVP and WvW. But I still have the hope that this patch balance the classes, and we didn't get more nerf than other classes.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@RangerThings.9810 said:CA in WvW was reverted to 10s CD from 15. ?

Interesting. Wonder if that was intentional as it is not in the notes.

Yes, its buried deep in the skill split discussion but there is a dev post confirming the intentional split of the CA cooldown going to PvP only because of the negative impact it would have on Druid in WvW who already struggles to find a spot in group play.

@NobleOne.3816 said:I don't get why some of these changes are for PvP and WvW only, All of the axe updates would be great in PvE and the dagger update too. Why can't my axe do some more damage?

I've said it before, I can understand skill splits when it comes to nerfs in the pvp enviroment (in this game, that includes wvw). However, buffing something in pvp only doesn't make sense in any way, but I find this behavior typical of Anet.

@Zuko.7132 said:The supportive pet change for soulbeast is a huge nerf. Now one of the merge stats on supportive pets is all but useless. Soulbeast isn't exactly spewing group heals.Actually NM + fern hound could be a decent group healing. Ruined by the ridiculous high Invigorating bond ICD for 2.5k heal. This trait could be in 10 secs icd and nobody would bait an eye.And also if the dogs could get more HP (they sit at 16k the same as the bristle and even less toughness which is too low for a melee pet) and the merged leaps would move the intended distance (400 and 600) those pets could be an option as replacement for the smoke.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:Signet of Stone + Brutish Seals seems to be a real deal ... 32 sec CD it is something :D . Also the Healing Spring bonus (2 condi cleanse instead of 1 per pulse) + Survival traits could clean 12 conditions.

Well.. traps needs more if Anet want them to be an actual option. And i actually want traps to work even if it's only a couple of them so i can have some variety. Ranger need an smoke field and not to have smokescale as only choice. Healing spring needs to pulse every second and cleanse 1 cond so we don't need to stand like statues for 2 secs hoping to get a cleanse, and even an small heal like 400 every pulse would not be over the top in addition to the regen even if it's added by the trait.Its the lesser heal we have in 30 Secs cd, and we need to blast the field to get an actual heal which translates in siting ducks. People complain about the Whirling defense being bad because of the root.. Well healing spring is almost the same, is not like the area is gigantic. I wouldn't be afraid to give it a little buff.

Signet wont help against the condi\stun meta. The reduced duration although in paper is the same as has reduced CD it actually translates in a nerf. Which i don't think is a bad idea anyway. This game needs less invulnerabilities.

For me there are no changes: only option i still have for reliable cleanses and stun breaks is power build with WS. Warrior and holo is still the block stun build, mesmer and necro still play trailblazers, thief still one shot us and ele and guard can easily out heal our damage.

LB is still the weapon to go because Shortbow still has a lacklustre range with no mobility\dissengage skills. Same case for sword or greatsword. Elites are all awesomely bad, some times is even better to use the racial reaper of grenth on 180 secs simply because at least has some synergy with soulbeast. Can we have that skill in 60 secs CD instead of the one wolf pack?

This balance patch did not bring any new build options for me.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:Signet of Stone + Brutish Seals seems to be a real deal ... 32 sec CD it is something :D . Also the Healing Spring bonus (2 condi cleanse instead of 1 per pulse) + Survival traits could clean 12 conditions.

Well.. traps needs more if Anet want them to be an actual option. And i actually want traps to work even if it's only a couple of them so i can have some variety. Ranger need an smoke field and not to have smokescale as only choice. Healing spring needs to pulse every second and cleanse 1 cond so we don't need to stand like statues for 2 secs hoping to get a cleanse, and even an small heal like 400 every pulse would not be over the top in addition to the regen even if it's added by the trait.Its the lesser heal we have in 30 Secs cd, and we need to blast the field to get an actual heal which translates in siting ducks. People complain about the Whirling defense being bad because of the root.. Well healing spring is almost the same, is not like the area is gigantic. I wouldn't be afraid to give it a little buff.

Signet wont help against the condi\stun meta. The reduced duration although in paper is the same as has reduced CD it actually translates in a nerf. Which i don't think is a bad idea anyway. This game needs less invulnerabilities.

For me there are no changes: only option i still have for reliable cleanses and stun breaks is power build with WS. Warrior and holo is still the block stun build, mesmer and necro still play trailblazers, thief still one shot us and ele and guard can easily out heal our damage.

LB is still the weapon to go because Shortbow still has a lacklustre range with no mobility\dissengage skills. Same case for sword or greatsword. Elites are all awesomely bad, some times is even better to use the racial reaper of grenth on 180 secs simply because at least has some synergy with soulbeast. Can we have that skill in 60 secs CD instead of the one wolf pack?

This balance patch did not bring any new build options for me.

I must admit that I am agree with you. I played sPVP last night with my Soulbeast. I know that on paper some nerf sound ok when all classes should get it ... but in reality didn't happen like they said.

Soulbeast - now is more squishy and I must use Leadership+Paladin if I want to surviveRanger - I don't remember if he was core or soulbeast (yes, I know sounds wired, how could I not noticed what he was) I think I was too tired , but he played a condi+trappers buildwith a lot of invisibility and he did a good job in group fight. In 1 vs 1 I killed him in 5-7 sec.Warrior - even he should get biggest nerf (at least on paper) he seems to be exactly the same like he was. Warrior survivability is the same, his damage is the same.Scourge got some nerf, but somehow Reaper is stronger than before now (because other classes got more defensive nerf).Druid - still annoying but I can feel that he is not anymore OP bunkerMesmer - strange ... I didn't find many mesmers ... but those 2 or 3 proved me that they are still one of the best sPVP class.Elementalist/Weaver - don't seems to be so dangerous nowGuardian/Firebrand - I think now they become the best bunker in sPVPThief/Deadeye - maybe I didn't meet the best one, but seems they don't hit so hard like before.Revenant - vs Soulbeast they are pretty strong if you want to defend the node, but if you kite him they can be beaten.Engineer/Holo - I don't remember a fight 1 vs 1 , but in a group fight he still remain the CC dealer.

Overall all classes are now more squishy ... the big advantage remain on Mesmer and Thief side, because they have the a lot of invisibility/teleport and a lot of evade/block/invulnerability. This means no matter how hard the defensive traits line are or will be nerfed for all classe, those with invisibility will be in a big advantage because they always can disengage.

Like @anduriell.6280 said all these changes didn't bring us (at least for Soulbeast) nothing good, from my POV after some tests in sPVP, Soulbeast got a nasty nerf, not only Druid. Ofc this is a premature opinion after only one day of sPVP. Maybe next days I'll find different things ...

@Zuko.7132 said:The supportive pet change for soulbeast is a huge nerf. Now one of the merge stats on supportive pets is all but useless. Soulbeast isn't exactly spewing group heals.

Had very little time this morning to put many of the changes through the ringer but on owl at least spiritual reprieve still includes self heal along with the group component and resistance. Hopefully its just tooltip wording that leaves ambiguity.

Archived