[Suggestion] Portable chairs as (stationary) mounts

I think it would be great if we could have portable chairs as mounts (with no runspeed ofc). The basic chair you get for free could be very simple. And we already have a candidate for the first chair skin unlocked (the bench of the final judge). Simple chair unlocks could be from ingame rewards, some fancy special ones from gemstore of course.The chair "mount" should also be able to be used in WvW, since it has no runspeed there is no downside to it.

Fair price for a gemstore chair skin would be about 1000 gems, maybe a bit more if it comes with a special sit animation

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I’m having trouble imagining what you’re asking for, but I think it’s a chair you ride on and the legs move like in a cartoon? Granted I don’t have a lot of immersion but seeing a zerg of people riding chair mounts in WvW will definitely kill what little I have.

I have no idea what is possible to missunderstand with this suggestion. Just like Bench of the Final Judge (the throne from Dhuum) just more options to choose from. The Throne of Dhuum works exactly as a mount with 0 movement speed. So it would be possible to make more chair "mounts"

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I’m having trouble imagining what you’re asking for, but I think it’s a chair you ride on and the legs move like in a cartoon? Granted I don’t have a lot of immersion but seeing a zerg of people riding chair mounts in WvW will definitely kill what little I have.

I have no idea what is possible to missunderstand with this suggestion. Just like Bench of the Final Judge (the throne from Dhuum) just more options to choose from. The Throne of Dhuum works exactly as a mount with 0 movement speed. So it would be possible to make more chair "mounts"

I haven’t seen Bench of the Final Judge but presumably it’s a...... bench? If it has zero movement speed does that mean it doesn’t move at all? If by zero movement speed you mean out of combat speed then people who don’t use it in order to use professional speed buffs will have an advantage in getting across the map. (I’ve read the forums for several years now and I don’t recall anyone ever using the term zero movement speed.)

Anyway, the suggestion of being able to ride benches, thrones and/or chairs across the landscape is one of the more novel ideas I’ve heard so far.

Edit: stationary might be the word you’re looking for instead of “zero movement speed”

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m having trouble imagining what you’re asking for, but I think it’s a chair you ride on and the legs move like in a cartoon? Granted I don’t have a lot of immersion but seeing a zerg of people riding chair mounts in WvW will definitely kill what little I have.

I haven’t seen Bench of the Final Judge but presumably it’s a...... bench? If it has zero movement speed does that mean it doesn’t move at all? If by zero movement speed you mean out of combat speed then people who don’t use it in order to use professional speed buffs will have an advantage in getting across the map. (I’ve read the forums for several years now and I don’t recall anyone ever using the term zero movement speed.)

Anyway, the suggestion of being able to ride benches, thrones and/or chairs across the landscape is one of the more novel ideas I’ve heard so far.

It doesn't move, like some tonic transformations. What Malediktus suggests is making more options like this so you can sit anywhere you want with different skins. Technically new sittable chairs work like mounts that's why he explains it this way.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m having trouble imagining what you’re asking for, but I think it’s a chair you ride on and the legs move like in a cartoon? Granted I don’t have a lot of immersion but seeing a zerg of people riding chair mounts in WvW will definitely kill what little I have.

It doesn't move, like some tonic transformations. What Malediktus suggests is making more options like this so you can sit anywhere you want with different skins. Technically new sittable chairs work like mounts that's why he explains it this way.

Ah. Ok. What confused me was the comments about movement speed and the chairs being a mount as well as using it in WvW as it seems unnecessary to point out that chairs (in this game) don’t move.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Ah. Ok. What confused me was the comments about movement speed and the chairs being a mount as well as using it in WvW as it seems unnecessary to point out that chairs (in this game) don’t move.

I believe WvW was pointed out because you cannot use mounts in WvW but because these would be "mounts" only in the cosmetic sense, they would need to be enabled in WvW specifically.

What the original poster was saying was that they would like to see custom chairs that function as mounts in the sense that they "poof" underneath you and you sit on them, but they would have no movement capability thus allowing them to be used in places where mounts are normally disabled e.g. WvW as mentioned.

@Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I believe WvW was pointed out because you cannot use mounts in WvW but because these would be "mounts" only in the cosmetic sense, they would need to be enabled in WvW specifically.

What the original poster was saying was that they would like to see custom chairs that function as mounts in the sense that they "poof" underneath you and you sit on them, but they would have no movement capability thus allowing them to be used in places where mounts are normally disabled e.g. WvW as mentioned.

Yah I got that from Kheldorn’s explanation above.

Several years back I suggested a gemstore item which you could use to put a chair down anywhere and be able to sit on it. Malediktus’ suggestion sounds similar. Kind of expensive though if it’s going to be 1000 gems each variation, and I doubt there would be ingame free versions.

Edit: stationary might be the word you’re looking for instead of “zero movement speed”

Dhuum's Throne is basically a mount (it has a seperate health bar and UI just like normal mounts), just activated by an item instead via a mount hotkey. The only difference to a mount is that it cannot move. So it should be quite possible to have chairs as a 6th mount slot

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Several years back I suggested a gemstore item which you could use to put a chair down anywhere and be able to sit on it. Malediktus’ suggestion sounds similar. Kind of expensive though if it’s going to be 1000 gems each variation, and I doubt there would be ingame free versions.Some of the chairs you visit during the new hidden collection could be used as free versions since they are basic and already exist. So it would hopefully be alot less effort to reuse them.The paid versions would have dye slots and everything

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Dhuum's Throne is basically a mount (it has a seperate health bar and UI just like normal mounts), just activated by an item instead via a mount hotkey. The only difference to a mount is that it cannot move. So it should be quite possible to have chairs as a 6th mount slot

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Several years back I suggested a gemstore item which you could use to put a chair down anywhere and be able to sit on it. Malediktus’ suggestion sounds similar. Kind of expensive though if it’s going to be 1000 gems each variation, and I doubt there would be ingame free versions.Some of the chairs you visit during the new hidden collection could be used as free versions since they are basic and already exist. So it would hopefully be alot less effort to reuse them.The paid versions would have dye slots and everything

I see. That makes more sense and sounds like something that could be easily added to the game.

Good idea.

Yes! We need portable chairs...They can legit make it work like a mount but once you get on it, it doesn't move or anything. It's literally just a fancy chair you sit on anywhere you want, while waiting for events or w.e.I imagine they can sell skins for chairs like that as well lol.

Archived