@Balance Team , Please Explain the lack of caring for fixing Scrapper?

zoopop.5630

This balance patch was suppose to fix a majority of the "bugs" and "glitches" the scrapper spec had, HOWEVER not everything was fix.....and the Gyro Path find is still way to off/slow during combat, At times it doesn't even follow you at all especially during moments you are going up/down a hill.

List of things that STILL need to be fixed/addressed:

1. Adaptive Armor ( STILL isn't working AT all)
  2. Barrier (bug/glitch?) (Still getting 1barrier from either randomly revving or finishing someone at times(unsure where it coming from)
  3. Gyro (Don't follow the actual character at times, Especially if you are getting kitted "up" a certain hill or stairs. Making the gyro 100% completely useless/leaving at a major disadvantage.)

List of Things That Should be Reworked/Looked INTO:

1. Shocking Speed(this trait is pretty dead/pointless it doesn't really matter at the moment because of the grand-master trait Final salvo)
  2. Rapid Regeneration( needs to be buff up more it's pretty useless to pick up for a "tank" spec)
  3. Applied Force ( Needs to be reworked) This grand master trait line has no real purpose at all for the scrapper line at the moment and EVEN if it did it doesn't really make much sense to pick up due to the amount of might needed.
  4. Hammer Skills (Need to be tweaked/reworked It's way to SLOW and WAY to clunky to really use with today meta of Spam+instant casting enemies.)

Some of these listed things have been Broken for over 3 Months and ignored for no reason at all, we also been having major issues with making the only "PvP spec" engi has up to par with Holo because of all the lack-lusting abilities / bugs that even with gyro being fixed it's STILL under performing badly. Yes Gyro been fix and even then ITS still not bringing them up to be viable in high level rating/pvp.

I really like how to fight for scrapper viability. Sadly my english is not enough great to support you , but I can say you are right. Ppl think that engie is at great spot but it is not true. Fragile wall is between great and useless - this wall is holosmith. Revenant players can protest but renegade is solid for pve, Herald in WvW and hard to master in pvp. Both elites have their purpose. So, I will keep crossfingers for scrapper save in competitive game mode

@David.5974 said:I really like how to fight for scrapper viability. Sadly my english is not enough great to support you , but I can say you are right. Ppl think that engie is at great spot but it is not true. Fragile wall is between great and useless - this wall is holosmith. Revenant players can protest but renegade is solid for pve, Herald in WvW and hard to master in pvp. Both elites have their purpose. So, I will keep crossfingers for scrapper save in competitive game mode

hoping they do they just need to be brought back up again =/ , thanks for the support.

@"zoopop.5630" said:This balance patch was suppose to fix a majority of the "bugs" and "glitches" the scrapper spec had, HOWEVER not everything was fix.....and the Gyro Path find is still way to off/slow during combat, At times it doesn't even follow you at all especially during moments you are going up/down a hill.

2. Barrier (bug/glitch?) (Still getting 1barrier from either randomly revving or finishing someone at times(unsure where it coming from)
  3. Gyro (Don't follow the actual character at times, Especially if you are getting kitted "up" a certain hill or stairs. Making the gyro 100% completely useless/leaving at a major disadvantage.)

1. Shocking Speed(this trait is pretty dead/pointless it doesn't really matter at the moment because of the grand-master trait Final salvo)
  2. Rapid Regeneration( needs to be buff up more it's pretty useless to pick up for a "tank" spec)
  3. Applied Force ( Needs to be reworked) This grand master trait line has no real purpose at all for the scrapper line at the moment and EVEN if it did it doesn't really make much sense to pick up due to the amount of might needed.
  4. Hammer Skills (Need to be tweaked/reworked It's way to SLOW and WAY to clunky to really use with today meta of Spam+instant casting enemies.)

Some of these listed things have been Broken for over 3 Months and ignored for no reason at all, we also been having major issues with making the only "PvP spec" engi has up to par with Holo because of all the lack-lusting abilities / bugs that even with gyro being fixed it's STILL under performing badly. Yes Gyro been fix and even then ITS still not bringing them up to be viable in high level rating/pvp.

sadly i disagree with 2 now that scrapper gets lots of barrier

also disagree with applied force , its Insanely good for PvE scrapper DPS if you build right you get 100% might fury and about 80% quickness uptime as well as about 50-80% protection uptime

@Rezzet.3614 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:This balance patch was suppose to fix a majority of the "bugs" and "glitches" the scrapper spec had, HOWEVER not everything was fix.....and the Gyro Path find is still way to off/slow during combat, At times it doesn't even follow you at all especially during moments you are going up/down a hill.

sadly i disagree with 2 now that scrapper gets lots of barrier

also disagree with applied force , its Insanely good for PvE scrapper DPS if you build right you get 100% might fury and about 80% quickness uptime as well as about 50-80% protection uptime

oh yeah forgot they removed the non elixir boon duration on elixir traitline , should still be pretty powerful though, guess it needs a smol re adjusting

My opinion atm is that it's still just as bad as it was, just less buggy now (still at least 3 major bugs afflicting the spec, on top of poor design choices behind gyros). The hammer cannot hold against a scourge, which is frankly still quite powerful. If a tank is so easily wrecked by a common build, it's not really a tank, and should not be considered as such.

scrapper suppose to be the "tank" version of engi however it's not tanky AT all and the fact that it gets burst down so easily by Mesmer, scourges, thief's, and warriors is a major issue. At best the class is designed to be a mediocre support bunker (AT BEST).

At best you can use the class as a bunker support http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUncoCtoiFpCubBkfhlKjScZCgwL86Kmvi+tj78G-jJRQABAs/w3PAApLDc+FAAA

Build 2 is for pure Rifle burst with gyro helping to keep your dps up at all times....however for this to work you need to actually have gyro land on target which at times doesn't work....http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUBtoidpCmXBkfhF2i67FuwDgO4H+lHME3gAA-jJROABn/AAe/CAwdZAA2fAA

IMO scrapper need to be completely redone for it to really even be meta/viable in high end games in rank. Also if Adaptive armor worked it'll make build 1 really really powerful for team fights, however it's still broken.

Why rifle on scrapper is why you would wonder? The Range and Leap on rifle 5 alone is leaps ahead of what hammer can really offer for scrapper imo. With the amount of Field combo theirs no excuse as to why we wouldn't want to use rifle especially in today meta against Scrouges, Rangers, Holos and even Rev the Poke Range and combos given from rifle offers more options overall then what the SLOW and clunky hammer can really give us. With elixir X your pretty much given Close/Range combat options that can help secure a fight for your team depending on how good you are at kitting with rifle as well. The only issue we run into is that scrapper aren't really meant to use rifle , It feels really weird of gimmicky but the fact that it performance better then a hammer at the moment kinda shows you the state scrapper in

some gyros should just stay near the engi, make them "stuck" to the engi and just pulse out their effects (bulwark, purge, stealth, healing). This would solve the gyro functionality of trying to keep up with the engi, yet still make them destroyable if targeted.

@"Ghos.1326" said:some gyros should just stay near the engi, make them "stuck" to the engi and just pulse out their effects (bulwark, purge, stealth, healing). This would solve the gyro functionality of trying to keep up with the engi, yet still make them destroyable if targeted.

Glue shot + gyro = Problem solved!

If only...

@zoopop.5630

I feel like we should mention in the OP that scrapper should get the same PvE treatment spellbreaker did. As it stands, scrapper has never been particularly valuable or wanted in PvE, and it needs some serious buffing in that regard.

@"Warlyx.6732" said:i still dont see the point with scrapper , i mean with purpouse it serve ? almost all the Hot Elite and PoF elite bring something to the table to the core proffesion , but scrapper is ther wondering wth is going on .

Yeah, and honestly, I've felt that way about it since it was first revealed. It was the one profession that stood out in the lineup as... "Why would I want this?"

@"zoopop.5630" said:My opinion atm is that it's still just as bad as it was, just less buggy now (still at least 3 major bugs afflicting the spec, on top of poor design choices behind gyros). The hammer cannot hold against a scourge, which is frankly still quite powerful. If a tank is so easily wrecked by a common build, it's not really a tank, and should not be considered as such.

scrapper suppose to be the "tank" version of engi however it's not tanky AT all and the fact that it gets burst down so easily by Mesmer, scourges, thief's, and warriors is a major issue. At best the class is designed to be a mediocre support bunker (AT BEST).

At best you can use the class as a bunker support http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUncoCtoiFpCubBkfhlKjScZCgwL86Kmvi+tj78G-jJRQABAs/w3PAApLDc+FAAA

Build 2 is for pure Rifle burst with gyro helping to keep your dps up at all times....however for this to work you need to actually have gyro land on target which at times doesn't work....http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUBtoidpCmXBkfhF2i67FuwDgO4H+lHME3gAA-jJROABn/AAe/CAwdZAA2fAA

IMO scrapper need to be completely redone for it to really even be meta/viable in high end games in rank. Also if Adaptive armor worked it'll make build 1 really really powerful for team fights, however it's still broken.

Why rifle on scrapper is why you would wonder? The Range and Leap on rifle 5 alone is leaps ahead of what hammer can really offer for scrapper imo. With the amount of Field combo theirs no excuse as to why we wouldn't want to use rifle especially in today meta against Scrouges, Rangers, Holos and even Rev the Poke Range and combos given from rifle offers more options overall then what the SLOW and clunky hammer can really give us. With elixir X your pretty much given Close/Range combat options that can help secure a fight for your team depending on how good you are at kitting with rifle as well. The only issue we run into is that scrapper aren't really meant to use rifle , It feels really weird of gimmicky but the fact that it performance better then a hammer at the moment kinda shows you the state scrapper in

have you actually played scrapper pvp after the patch? because i have been facetanking 3v1s and 4v1s in cases , Holosmith is a joke compared to scrapper

@Rezzet.3614 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:My opinion atm is that it's still just as bad as it was, just less buggy now (still at least 3 major bugs afflicting the spec, on top of poor design choices behind gyros). The hammer cannot hold against a scourge, which is frankly still quite powerful. If a tank is so easily wrecked by a common build, it's not really a tank, and should not be considered as such.

At best you can use the class as a bunker support

Build 2 is for pure Rifle burst with gyro helping to keep your dps up at all times....however for this to work you need to actually have gyro land on target which at times doesn't work....

have you actually played scrapper pvp after the patch? because i have been facetanking 3v1s and 4v1s in cases , Holosmith is a joke compared to scrapper

ah yes, you can "face" tank certain classes and players who don't know wth their doing i promise you against a GOOD/High skilled team you aren't doing a 3vs1 let alone a 4vs1. The scrapper trait line for "tanking" or even "supporting" IS not that good AT all, you can fuck around in Unrank and go out there to say "oh man this spec is TANKY!!!!" but when your actually playing with decent/good player you are not gonna 3vs1 on a scrapper at all, matter fact a Rampage Warrior/Mesmer alone in a 1vs1 is going to destroy you, and this isn't including a necro that would also just melt you in seconds regardless of how "tanky" you are.

Scrapper is in odd state where he isn't really a "support" and "tank" it's a half ass attempt of wanting to become some sort of condi cleansing support which also isn't that great when the radius of your Aoe is not that great....The only person who's has been putting in work on scrapper has been the one and only dude that streams himself putting work which would be @Chaith.8256 , ALL the power to him however I just disagree to think that scrapper are in a good spot overall when playing in competitive tournaments /rank.

Scrapper is not as good in SPvP as it is in WvW because SPvP has limited build options. Durability runes are a huge one. But saying scrapper is bad because it can't 1v1 a mesmer or scourge - both of which are totally overpowered/flawed design - isn't really accurate. But even in SPvP you can still do tricks like bulwark gyro, protection + elixir gun#1 to completely neuter someones damage and you need to use light fields well; you have 2 if you use elixir gun and mortar kit. You should be using all of your finishers into a combo whenever possible. Use rocket charge in a poison field to inflict weakness, an ice field for frost aura or a water field for the heal. You also don't have to go alchemy believe it or not.

If you can't make scrapper work it's probably a problem with you.

And why does everyone keep saying adaptive armor doesn't work? Have any of you tried looking at your combat log? 926 (absorbed) 1354 (absorbed) 300 (absorbed) what do you think that's from?

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Rezzet.3614 said:have you actually played scrapper pvp after the patch? because i have been facetanking 3v1s and 4v1s in cases , Holosmith is a joke compared to scrapper

Ah yes, the no-necro, no-mesmer, core ele meta is really where scrapper really shines.

In my opinion, if you cannot take a point or defend one solo against a mesmer or ele, you should look into improving either your build or your gameplay. Necros can be tricky, but before they were almost a guaranteed defeat, now I find the recent changes to Pvp skills on necro and the scrapper's ability to cleanse or convert boons, that I have a fighting chance upon each engagement.

@Ruufio.1496 said:Scrapper is not as good in SPvP as it is in WvW because SPvP has limited build options.

I completely disagree. PvP breaks down into two kinds of fights, either small-scale group battles, or solo battles over specific space. In WvW when enemies can run or have more room, the scrapper suffers greatly. In large-scale battles, the scrapper is also at a disadvantage compared to other professions. Personally, I see few to no scenarios in which Scrapper is better in WvW, when the general consensus is that at every and any given task in WvW, there is are two or more profession that are better at it than scrapper.

@Ruufio.1496 said:>And why does everyone keep saying adaptive armor doesn't work? Have any of you tried looking at your combat log? 926 (absorbed) 1354 (absorbed) 300 (absorbed) what do you think that's from?

It doesn't always proc reliably. It will sometimes proc, but not always. Its healing power scaling is atrocious too. I don't believe the condi damage reduction is what it says it is, either.

@Ruufio.1496 said:Scrapper is not as good in SPvP as it is in WvW because SPvP has limited build options. Durability runes are a huge one. But saying scrapper is bad because it can't 1v1 a mesmer or scourge - both of which are totally overpowered/flawed design - isn't really accurate. But even in SPvP you can still do tricks like bulwark gyro, protection + elixir gun#1 to completely neuter someones damage and you need to use light fields well; you have 2 if you use elixir gun and mortar kit. You should be using all of your finishers into a combo whenever possible. Use rocket charge in a poison field to inflict weakness, an ice field for frost aura or a water field for the heal. You also don't have to go alchemy believe it or not.

Yes, 1v1 you should be able to neutralize most anybody's damage (except for maybe scourge and mesmer). But 3v1 or 4v1 as @Rezzet.3614 was saying? That's just not happening unless the enemy team is running like 4 core elementalists.

@coglin.1496 said:

@Rezzet.3614 said:have you actually played scrapper pvp after the patch? because i have been facetanking 3v1s and 4v1s in cases , Holosmith is a joke compared to scrapper

Ah yes, the no-necro, no-mesmer, core ele meta is really where scrapper really shines.

In my opinion, if you cannot take a point or defend one solo against a mesmer or ele, you should look into improving either your build or your gameplay. Necros can be tricky, but before they were almost a guaranteed defeat, now I find the recent changes to Pvp skills on necro and the scrapper's ability to cleanse or convert boons, that I have a fighting chance upon each engagement.

You apparently missed my sarcasm. 1v1, yes, scrapper can defeat most classes (except maybe scourge or mesmer) through attrition. But it absolutely cannot facetank 3v1 or 4v1 as @Rezzet.3614 suggested.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:>And why does everyone keep saying adaptive armor doesn't work? Have any of you tried looking at your combat log? 926 (absorbed) 1354 (absorbed) 300 (absorbed) what do you think that's from?

It doesn't always proc reliably. It will sometimes proc, but not always. Its healing power scaling is atrocious too. I don't believe the condi damage reduction is what it says it is, either.

@Ruufio.1496 said:Scrapper is not as good in SPvP as it is in WvW because SPvP has limited build options. Durability runes are a huge one. But saying scrapper is bad because it can't 1v1 a mesmer or scourge - both of which are totally overpowered/flawed design - isn't really accurate. But even in SPvP you can still do tricks like bulwark gyro, protection + elixir gun#1 to completely neuter someones damage and you need to use light fields well; you have 2 if you use elixir gun and mortar kit. You should be using all of your finishers into a combo whenever possible. Use rocket charge in a poison field to inflict weakness, an ice field for frost aura or a water field for the heal. You also don't have to go alchemy believe it or not.

Yes, 1v1 you should be able to neutralize most anybody's damage (except for maybe scourge and mesmer). But 3v1 or 4v1 as @Rezzet.3614 was saying? That's just not happening unless the enemy team is running like 4 core elementalists.

You apparently missed my sarcasm. 1v1, yes, scrapper can defeat most classes (except maybe scourge or mesmer) through attrition. But it absolutely cannot facetank 3v1 or 4v1 as @Rezzet.3614 suggested.

the only profession i have trouble facing is mesmer and only because of teleport spam

necromancers only when they can hide behind an ally and spam conditions and even then it only applies if their ally also spams conditions

scrapper is fine , conditions are still broken

welp upon further testing it seems scrappers have to build to counter specific things , either build full anti power or build full anti condi each rendering scrapper useless against the other

@"Rezzet.3614" said:welp upon further testing it seems scrappers have to build to counter specific things , either build full anti power or build full anti condi each rendering scrapper useless against the other

Every profession out there has to build to have strengths or weaknesses. If any build renders "you" useless on a scrapper. in my opinion is either an overall bad build or an issue of overall bad gameplay.

In small group play in PvP or WvW, I have no particular issue with power or condition builds when I have comparable allies to the number of foes in the battle. If you feel useless, I personally believe you are at fault in some way, as I am having no such issues when playing scrapper.

@coglin.1496 said:

@"Rezzet.3614" said:welp upon further testing it seems scrappers have to build to counter specific things , either build full anti power or build full anti condi each rendering scrapper useless against the other

Every profession out there has to build to have strengths or weaknesses. If any build renders "you" useless on a scrapper. in my opinion is either an overall bad build or an issue of overall bad gameplay.

In small group play in PvP or WvW, I have no particular issue with power or condition builds when I have comparable allies to the number of foes in the battle. If you feel useless, I personally believe you are at fault in some way, as I am having no such issues when playing scrapper.

not necesarily useless but if you build anti condi thief will hard counter scrapper and if you build defensive a team with 2 condi spammers will party with the scrapper

but the scrapper isnt fully at fault thief and mesmer's access to blink/teleport+burst spam as well as scourge's nonstop multi aoe condi spam play a big role

@Rezzet.3614 said:

@Rezzet.3614 said:welp upon further testing it seems scrappers have to build to counter specific things , either build full anti power or build full anti condi each rendering scrapper useless against the other

not necesarily useless but if you build anti condi thief will hard counter scrapper and if you build defensive a team with 2 condi spammers will party with the scrapper

You mean they hard counter you personally? I have to go out of my way to make a build bad enough on the engineer as a whole, much less scrapper, to be anything close to hard countered by a thief. In the entirety of the history of the game.

As to fighting two condition builds while solo, it only makes sense to be at a disadvantage. it is a 2v1 situation. Assuming that is what you meant, your sentance was a bit difficult for me to parse.

but the scrapper isnt fully at fault thief and mesmer's access to blink/teleport+burst spam as well as scourge's nonstop multi aoe condi spam play a big role

What build are you using? Personally, I just find thief almost, well, easy. They tend to be forced to flee or die. Mesmers seem to give me little difficulty as well, though they do present a challenge from time to time. As to Scourge, the condition spam is little concern for me, my issue with them is the boon corrupt. If they do not have a build stacked with boon corruption I tend to make short work of them though.

What build are you running? How are you playing them? Are you talking PvP or WvW, because there is a vast difference between the two in my opinion?

@Rezzet.3614 said

not necesarily useless but if you build anti condi thief will hard counter scrapper and if you build defensive a team with 2 condi spammers will...

Maybe you can elaborate on your build choices? Paladin Conversion Scrapper is not forced to choose between mitigating power or condition damage.

Nothing hard-counters Scrapper at this point in time.. That's not saying Scrapper is a God1v1 class, it's decent at best, you will never die horribly though.

Teamfight, convert your team's conditions, cleave bodies, save gyros to instant-res your first down. Nothing can hard-counter those tasks is my point, not even getting zerged since Scrapper has among the best 1vX survival times.

I suspect you're doing incorrect things on your Scrapper such as attacking with hammer & offensive amulets, falling into a 1v1 role and/or not maximizing Function Gyro.

@Chaith.8256 said:

not necesarily useless but if you build anti condi thief will hard counter scrapper and if you build defensive a team with 2 condi spammers will...

Maybe you can elaborate on your build choices? Paladin Conversion Scrapper is not forced to choose between mitigating power or condition damage.

Nothing hard-counters Scrapper at this point in time.. That's not saying Scrapper is a God1v1 class, it's decent at best, you will never die horribly though.

Teamfight, convert your team's conditions, cleave bodies, save gyros to instant-res your first down. Nothing can hard-counter those tasks is my point, not even getting zerged since Scrapper has among the best 1vX survival times.

I suspect you're doing incorrect things on your Scrapper such as attacking with hammer & offensive amulets, falling into a 1v1 role and/or not maximizing Function Gyro.

yeah there was a whole lot i was doing wrong, such as trying to solo over and over when i was supposed to keep my team alive lol

so far thieves are the only profession that overwhelm me with damage through paladin+protection+bulwark gyro not sure what steroids they running nowdays extra annoying with the usual blink and shadowstep spam to add salt to the fights

same goes for mesmer except mesmers dont burst me but i cant touch em so i just ignore them and join my team when i see one defending a point

scourge is scourge annoying but i havent had trouble against them except that match that had 3 scourges on one team we won as we simply ignored the spot they chose to camp lol

Scrapper needs his allies to carry him in spvp.

But scrapper is very useful for supporting. Of course if your Allies suck there is nothing you can do as scrapper

But scrapper shouldn't be trying to be a DPS carry spec. Support allies and do sustain damage and use your gyro spells and gyro tool belt spells.

Scrapper is an awesome support role profession. It's just people don't like the idea of being a support rather than a damage dealer or a killing machine.