Are there prerequisites for Path of Fire?

If you buy the expansion, you will be free to "abandon" the current story and begin the POF one. This can be picked up at any point in the future.When travelling to the new area, you would need to complete a part of the POF story.Alternatively, if your guild has their hall as Windswept Haven, you can enter there, manually exit through the south portal and end up in Vabbi.

I don't believe you have to have any other story done first... BUT you will want to have the gliding mastery that you get in the HoT expansion. You can probably get by in there without it but it's definitely useful since you don't get to the griffon until you've completed the PoF story line AND all the other mounts to at least level 3 I believe.

Hopefully someone can give you more solid information though. :)

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:I don't believe you have to have any other story done first... BUT you will want to have the gliding mastery that you get in the HoT expansion. You can probably get by in there without it but it's definitely useful since you don't get to the griffon until you've completed the PoF story line AND all the other mounts to at least level 3 I believe.

Hopefully someone can give you more solid information though. :)

With Path of Fire being a stand-alone expansion, none of the HoT masteries are required for any of it.Path of Fire mounts aren’t required for HoT content either (obviously) but all have their uses throughout the game, expansion content or not.

You can start/abandon a story segment whenever you feel like through the Hero Panel, and pick up where you left off on any given section, core storyline included.

If we are recommending masteries to have, the Pact mastery for Autoloot makes a huge difference in all content, and should be the first of core Tyria masteries to get.

Archived