How Anet thought about the notorious HP train on HoT meta time.

They existing because of people cant solo the Hero Point design for group fighting. And somehow they blocking the Meta event group and people keep insult each other for their free will to do whatever they want. So what Anet mastermind doing on this or they just fine watching the world burn every single day for their map design?

Well some of HP train commanders aren't responding well to circumstance. Also people in both HP train and Meta have Mob mentality and start lashing out due to time pressed.Here scenario what happen during 1 year of doing Garent meta

• Either HP train move away or Meta squad disbanded >> Happen most of the time.

• HP train commander is courteous . Stay in Ogre lane till 1 Garent die and move on.

• HP train finished in time and people join the META.

Octovine and Night time Verdant Brink doesn't have this problem becuase people just trying to grab Amalgamated gem stone which there a leeway to get them .

I've yet to see a meta fail because there was a hero train on the map. The easiest thing is always for the train to move. Less easy is for the less organized meta group(s) to move. And trickier is coexisting. There are no longer any HoT metas that require everyone on the map to participate. Any 5 people who know the mechanics can manage each "lane"; might need 10 people if only 1-2 know how it works (and they would need to explain the mechanics to the others).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I've yet to see a meta fail because there was a hero train on the map.

I agree.

Part of the issue though is the whole "meta first" attitude. A commander finds an empty map, sets up a train, and then after 15minutes of waiting for guild members, advertising in LFG etc, they are supposed to just up and find a new map because someone else deems "this is now a meta map".

How about no.

@Neural.1824 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I've yet to see a meta fail because there was a hero train on the map.

I agree.

Part of the issue though is the whole "meta first" attitude. A commander finds an empty map, sets up a train, and then after 15minutes of waiting for guild members, advertising in LFG etc, they are supposed to just up and find a new map because someone else deems "this is now a meta map".

How about no.

Meta group thinks they have the first priority cause the Meta event start every 2 hours and the HP train are not.Its like a man sitting on a wheelchair and hope other people give him some space to move out.

That's why HP train become notorious and it's all about the Anet map design.

@Neural.1824 said:

I agree.

How about no.

Well in this case it would be reasonable for the meta event people to switch instances, it's pretty easy really. The meta people can stay and argue, but they have no lever. The HP train will just do its thing, no matter if 10 or 50 people joined it. The players who want to do the meta can sit there and argue and maybe fail, or move on.

I have never seen a meta fail because of HP trains either though.

@LONGA.1652 said:@SoraSugi.4079 said:

Meta group thinks they have the first priority cause the Meta event start every 2 hours and the HP train are not.Its like a man sitting on a wheelchair and hope other people give him some space to move out.

If only there is a make new instance Option for Large squads

or close all the Hero Point challenge while during the meta time so HP train will join the meta.

@SoraSugi.4079 said:

or close all the Hero Point challenge while during the meta time so HP train will join the meta.

No. You can't force others to participate in a meta they don't want to do just because you want them to.

You're not their boss, they paid their money to play the game and they're allowed do whatever they want to so long as it doesn't break the terms of service.

@Pifil.5193 said:

No. You can't force others to participate in a meta
they
don't want to do just because
you
want them to.

But Anet locks out map completion with AB event anyway, they lock out adventures, they lock out half of Dragon's Stand, so what's the difference?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

they
you
want them to.

But Anet locks out map completion with AB event anyway, they lock out adventures, they lock out half of Dragon's Stand, so what's the difference?

Well, those were bad ideas. No point in continuing to make the same kind of mistakes. At least they relaxed the requirements to unlock adventures in HoT after feedback and didn't make that same mistake with the adventures in PoF.

But they do continue to block map completion in LW4. Which is a pity IMO.

@SoraSugi.4079 said:They existing because of people cant solo the Hero Point design for group fighting. And somehow they blocking the Meta event group and people keep insult each other for their free will to do whatever they want. So what Anet mastermind doing on this or they just fine watching the world burn every single day for their map design?

You can easily solo every Hero Point except Guano, which is hard, and Mushroom Queen, which is nearly impossible.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I've yet to see a meta fail because there was a hero train on the map.

I have this week. Post reset Tangled Depths, the map the meta was forming on had a HP train so the meta group tried to move to the only other map... which had another HP train which refused to move. Map filled leaving a good chunk of the meta group behind, meta failed.

Class act right there.

Not to mention the solo players that aren't interested in doing either one.

People often yell "leave the map if you're not doing X!" Sometimes they ask nicely but if they're rude I see no reason not to invite my whole guild for a dance party or whatever I feel like doing. Being polite can go a long way.

If the hp train is in motion then the map is theirs. Meta should find another map to set up.I have been in trains when we stopped helped the meta and continued. That's up to the tag running the train.Everyone should know if a train is in the map you are probably not going to get the meta done.Isn't this why we have multi maps and lfg to fill them?

Had a squad of 50 people in a AB HP run. We told the meta organizers that we already have 50 people on the map yet they still went on and started organizing it instead of changing to another map. Then they cry about the map being full while lanes were lacking ppl and its our fault... Dumbest commanders I've ever encountered... Some people have a brain size of a mouse.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@SoraSugi.4079 said:They existing because of people cant solo the Hero Point design for group fighting. And somehow they blocking the Meta event group and people keep insult each other for their free will to do whatever they want. So what Anet mastermind doing on this or they just fine watching the world burn every single day for their map design?

You can easily solo every Hero Point except Guano, which is hard, and Mushroom Queen, which is nearly impossible.

Actually, guano is pretty easy. You just have to either LoS or otherwise avoid the draining beam she does at 25 percent. If you don't do this she will heal too much to bring her down before she does it again and you will have to brute force it.

Even my tanky healer ele could manage it with low dps. Just line of sight the beam and you're golden.

@"gaborkaldy.3210" said:I think people should just leave each other to do what they want to do. How much player we talk about for a HP train? 10-15?A map failing any of the HoT meta because missing those deserves to fail...

But sometime there will be a guild HP train in "A map" and open sq Hp train on "B map" and a full map Meta on "C map" during the busy meta-time. And 40 people on TD need to move to AB.

@Pifil.5193 said:

they
you
want them to.

You're
not
their boss, they paid
their
money to play the game and they're allowed do whatever they want to so long as it doesn't break the terms of service.

Its just 15 to 20 mins on AB and TD. And people need to wait 2 hours if the HP train messing the meta.

Archived