OMG No Chairs in PvP Lobby

Chilli.2976

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:Would be kind of nice to have Chairs or sittable Benches around the Arena in the lobby, if the space was more fitting for it to actually look like you're spectating what's going on down there of course.

We were actually just talking about this yesterday. This is the plan.

I'll have you know that I've stopped queueing in the PvP lobby entirely. It's completely fallen out of the queue meta game. I've been forced into the Maiden's Whisper bar for a nice local I can sit in while I wait for queue's to pop. The Heart of the Mists needs a new island with a swanky bar to kick back in while I queue. More proof that "balance" is a meme again.

@Alatar.7364 said:Would be kind of nice to have Chairs or sittable Benches around the Arena in the lobby, if the space was more fitting for it to actually look like you're spectating what's going on down there of course.

We were actually just talking about this yesterday. This is the plan.

Can we get some thrones in the Champion's Rest? 8)

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

Since we now have chairs...

...what about a chair finisher?

I don't know, like a phantom carpenter finishing to craft a chair ( maybe at high speed in various animations like under the effect of superspeed/haste ), and then crushing the enemy with it ( and then maybe a loudy cry from the crowd, which could be gw2 community ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

I don't know, like a phantom carpenter finishing to craft a chair ( maybe at high speed in various animations like under the effect of superspeed/haste ), and then crushing the enemy with it ( and then maybe a loudy cry from the crowd, which could be gw2 community ).

Damn! Didn't read your comment and thought I was so original in my idea.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:I'm dropping everything to work on this immediately.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:I'm dropping everything to work on this immediately.

I think you need the expansion and balance team to help you too, the wait will be better with chairs :lol:

To motivate them, I will hide all their chairs. If PvPers can't sit, devs shall not sit either.

Best. Developer. Ever. I'm serious. Thank you, Ben!

Missed opportunity for the musical chair arena. Each time the timer ticks down only those still alive can run and sit in the chairs for bonus points. Each round there is 1 less chair to sit on.

Randomise the chair to be removed each round and make it an environmental weapon to have a smashing good time.

@Maat.3940 said:

kitten! Didn't read your comment and thought I was so original in my idea.

How about wrestling style? Someone comes in and smacks a chair over you and then cheers to an invisible crowd?

10 points if it's Rytlock or who ever you spell it.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

kitten! Didn't read your comment and thought I was so original in my idea.

How about wrestling style? Someone comes in and smacks a chair over you and then cheers to an invisible crowd?

10 points if it's Rytlock or who ever you spell it.

I would actually imagine that a chair is summoned out of thin air, placed on the dead opponent and a reaper (there is already a reaper finisher) sits on the chair, crosses legs and starts reading the paper :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived