Scourge is very OP

Lordrosicky.5813

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Well I suppose if you actually played necro, then you'd know exactly how vulnerable you are to ranged classes.. to the point it's laughable.

Not this argument again...

Nobody says you can’t counter Scourge. But Scourge counters an entire fighting-type, melee.

Not anymore they don't. If a melee character can't kill someone with 18 second windows of guaranteed vulnerability, the melee character isn't going to kill anyone. Outside of Desert Shroud, the pressure really isn't much if you keep moving.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:Well I suppose if you actually played necro, then you'd know exactly how vulnerable you are to ranged classes.. to the point it's laughable.

So your post wouldn't say "scourge is broken" or "easy to play" Your post would be saying "Scourge has no mobility and is far too vulnerable to ranged classes" "No real access to stun break or any defense against CC whatsoever"

It's quite questionable that you play scourge considering you missed these key problems.

Necro has always been vulnerable to ranged classes for obvious reasons. I understand this.

But it doesnt make scourge's insane damage output ok. It ruins pvp. It is busted. Necro should receive changes to make the death magic trait line much stronger as compensation. Also there needs to be more condi removal skills on necro

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:Well I suppose if you actually played necro, then you'd know exactly how vulnerable you are to ranged classes.. to the point it's laughable.

So your post wouldn't say "scourge is broken" or "easy to play" Your post would be saying "Scourge has no mobility and is far too vulnerable to ranged classes" "No real access to stun break or any defense against CC whatsoever"

It's quite questionable that you play scourge considering you missed these key problems.

The problem here is about solo queue vision vs team queue/tournament vision.

If you consider playing 3 scourges in tournament match, it's very likely opponents are going to play 2-3 rangers + firebrand. But they're going to win 500-300 since they cannot fight on points. That's pretty tough for a total counter buildIf you consider playing 3 scourges in solo queue( below 1500 rating), it's very likely people will QQ in chat and refuse to switch, and the match should be rather easy.

It's the same as the turret meta. It's a joke to counter in team queue. In theory, it should be the same in solo queue. But in pratic, you know how it is..

Melee against them is very hard, but 1200+ attacks can really kill them. Base Ranger, Dragonhunter, Warriors with Longbow, Deadeye and maybe for melee bunker engi can knock them down a peg. I main as Dragonhunter and scourge seem easy with the longbow. Use skill 5, then burn with skill 4, spear of justice of course, and purging flames will melt their faces off. They do a ton of area attacks but if you can avoid them they aren’t that hard to kill. What I struggle against is Weaver a bit more than Scourge.

Scourge is definitely still in the meta, but it's hardly the dominant class anymore. I don't think it's warranted to nerf it further at this juncture.

Now if you want to rework scourge to be a more engaging class both to play and play against, that I can get behind.

seriously to ppl who say scourge is not op cause you need to:

1. focus, target and kill as a team effort ( if they are not op why need a whole team to kill them?)
  2. you can range them its easy (so u mean I have no option other then using range...no class should be able to render melee useless against them)
  3. avoid their AOE...fight outside their range ( meaning to say fight outside capture, give them free capture?)

Overall it doesn't make sense to me.

@"princode.2750" said:seriously to ppl who say scourge is not op cause you need to:

1. focus, target and kill as a team effort ( if they are not op why need a whole team to kill them?)
  2. you can range them its easy (so u mean I have no option other then using range...no class should be able to render melee useless against them)
  3. avoid their AOE...fight outside their range ( meaning to say fight outside capture, give them free capture?)

Overall it doesn't make sense to me.

1. Scourge is usually in the teamfights, not on side points. You don't need the whole team to kill them, but since you have the majority of the team there, you should go for the quick delete instead of chancing them freecasting.
  2. Range is a free kill. This doesn't mean that shorter range builds can't kill them, it's just not a freebie.
  3. "Avoid their AoE" means waiting for a major cooldown to be used (Desert Shroud) and then keeping moving (which you really should be doing against any foe). Also, don't forget it's always better to let your opponent have control over the point while you kill them quickly than to let your opponent kill you and still get the point. Trying to facetank an area control spec is always going to be a dumb idea, regardless of what class it's on.

@Kinook.1497 said:scourge is not OP. Yes, it deals tons of damage because it's an AOE caster. Nerfing its AOE would make it a free kill in 1v1 scenarios. That shouldn't happen. Ever.Also let's not forget that revenant does not exist in PVP.

What's a Revenant?

I disagree with scourge being OP, as well. It's annoying, but anything that is ranged will beat it. It was a poor design choice but isn't overpowered for what it is. If you make them not do lethal damage up close, there's no point to running scourge because you're free loot. The best thing they could do was make all the AOEs nice and visible so people know where not to stand. At least one person on your team has a ranged option.

You played briefly after a long break and figure now you have > @Aza.2105 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Necros don't need anymore nerfs its l2p issue.Sorry if i'm being cold, but scourge just got nerfed on their cds, and now have fairly long cds on everything.

Nah its broken. Aoe shouldn't be larger than the capture point. How many overly large aoe can they put on the point? 2 or 3? With scourge you don't even need to know what the skills do to succeed. All you need to do is spam them when they are off CD.

If you are being beaten by a scourge who's just mashing random CDs; the issue is not your opponent.

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Well I suppose if you actually played necro, then you'd know exactly how vulnerable you are to ranged classes.. to the point it's laughable.

LOL you said it, not again!! Forget balancing let's all just play longbow rangers and cry about reflection and mobility instead xD JK

You can trait it to ignore block, since Anet treats reflection as block will bypass it, it was one of the reason i stoped playing guardian, when u drop WoR in front of your ally that is going to be spiked by rangers and all range skills go unblockable trough WoR...... and Shield 5...u know your class is now useless and Anet want u to buy PoF lame stuff.

Still vs scourges is, Anet removed LoS from scourge (wich was a dumb action), scourge and play in range if u know how to play scourge, barrier helps, and in WvW.... how many ranger would have to be to kill 20-30 scoruges per zerg??? with lots of mobility and barrier and boons etc etc...

Scourge has to much when they stack that reach extreme broken levels and show how Anet devs are a bunch of lamers, but since this is a game for noobs where they need alot of help to kill targets form broken classesto look kewl, maybe the class is well made @Anet dev's eyes.

Scourge needs to loose something... Cd increase does nothing it only makes zerg add more scourges and have more aoe and barrier, and now that ANet removed line of sight for scourge... it is stupid not be playing that class if u own PoF.

ANd the to Anet guy that will ban me from forum again, hammer rev and other classes have the same issue that scourge has with obstructed targets when theres nothing obstructing why dont u apply same patch of remove LoS from scourge to all classes as well since it was done to scourge?

Blood magic is a cancer, 7% per tickreviving is pure aids(how about 4,may be 5 max?), not to mention how much barriers provide TWO SCOURGES with sage amulet (like 1 wasnt enough)... and their bloodmagic dont let anyone die in there ... While spam aoes ,amazing class !:D

@Aeolus.3615 said:

LOL you said it, not again!! Forget balancing let's all just play longbow rangers and cry about reflection and mobility instead xD JK

You can trait it to ignore block, since Anet treats reflection as block will bypass it, it was one of the reason i stoped playing guardian, when u drop WoR in front of your ally that is going to be spiked by rangers and all range skills go unblockable trough WoR...... and Shield 5...u know your class is now useless and Anet want u to buy PoF lame stuff.

Still vs scourges is, Anet removed LoS from scourge (wich was a dumb action), scourge and play in range if u know how to play scourge, barrier helps, and in WvW.... how many ranger would have to be to kill 20-30 scoruges per zerg??? with lots of mobility and barrier and boons etc etc...

Scourge has to much when they stack that reach extreme broken levels and show how Anet devs are a bunch of lamers, but since this is a game for noobs where they need alot of help to kill targets form broken classesto look kewl, maybe the class is well made @Anet dev's eyes.

Scourge needs to loose something... Cd increase does nothing it only makes zerg add more scourges and have more aoe and barrier, and now that ANet removed line of sight for scourge... it is stupid not be playing that class if u own PoF.

ANd the to Anet guy that will ban me from forum again, hammer rev and other classes have the same issue that scourge has with obstructed targets when theres nothing obstructing why dont u apply same patch of remove LoS from scourge to all classes as well since it was done to scourge?

Yeah it's kinda ridiculous. I don't want to hate on anet, but I have got to say scourge was really poorly designed. The sand savant trait should not exist, it should have a supportive trait in its place. The shade ability should also have a clearly visual cast time, so we have some counterplay to fighting scourges melee. Its just to offensive at the moment, needs reworking massively, imo it's not something that can be done by changing a couple of traits. It's funny people are saying scourge isn't OP, but I did my placement games today and 10 out of 10 games had 2 necros on both my team and the enemy team, says a thousand words to me.

i don't play scourge but i don't find it so unbalanced. It is strong but it is weak heavvy to range pressure . don't go melee to him . it is strong in teamfights but in my opinion now scourge is not a great threat as before . U can also kill scourge with conditions so it is strong but not op. Obviously it is really strong in 2 situations : for decapping your point becouse if a scourge go on a point you can not resist on it... you have to move. .. kill him and recap.. and the same in wvw scourge is really strong in every place where there is low space and is hard to avoid its aoe damage but it is not so simple to solve these 2 points and not destroy the spec....

Archived