Wonder why some people never WVW

FASTCAR.7831

@Seamus.9645 said:

Not to mention, even since this game launched I have aged. Early to Late twenties. I find myself getting completely lost in massive team fights when years ago I can recall being able to cut through it all and target well and snipe still. Now, its just a giant blob of red death to me.

The Guild [OLD] waves with our average age around 45. A bit too soon to be using that I think.

?

Are you suggesting I haven't aged?

lol, no doubt there or you should be marketing something and making millions, picking on you for selling yourself short. ME BONES... :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

Not to mention, even since this game launched I have aged. Early to Late twenties. I find myself getting completely lost in massive team fights when years ago I can recall being able to cut through it all and target well and snipe still. Now, its just a giant blob of red death to me.

The Guild [OLD] waves with our average age around 45. A bit too soon to be using that I think.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I'm 50 and have no problems in WvW. While a couple specs are a little too much twitch reflex for me to excel at, there is enough variety in this game that you find things you do excel at. Late 20's though .... LOL.

Oh geez everyone, sorry. I'll make sure I tell my rapidly failing eyes that they aren't allowed to do that anymore until I am older. Eff me for not being 45 yet amirite? -_-

@Seamus.9645 said:

Oh geez everyone, sorry. I'll make sure I tell my rapidly failing eyes that they aren't allowed to do that anymore until I am older. Eff me for not being 45 yet amirite? -_-

Its all good, your post just hit my funny bone at the time. And tired eyes from a computer screen is a thing, but then again I don't sleep so blurry eyes is a norm if you ask my guildies. Good hunting to you! Now Moar coffeez.

@Seamus.9645 said:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I'm 50 and have no problems in WvW. While a couple specs are a little too much twitch reflex for me to excel at, there is enough variety in this game that you find things you do excel at. Late 20's though .... LOL.

Nah, I wasn't being negative to you. It's just a little humorous. I was the same way at 30, then 40 then 50. Perspectives change is all.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

Its all good, your post just hit my funny bone at the time. And tired eyes from a computer screen is a thing, but then again I don't sleep so blurry eyes is a norm if you ask my guildies. Good hunting to you! Now Moar coffeez.

I remember when I had to get bifocals because of computer screens, just glad I'm not at the point yet that I need trifocals.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

Nah, I wasn't being negative to you. It's just a little humorous. I was the same way at 30, then 40 then 50. Perspectives change is all.

The older you get your perspective on whats old changes.

No many progress.

At the begining, it was fine, "yeah I've conquered a camp, tower, castle..." but few minutes after, it's conquered by the enemy again and that's all, repeat and repeat... @_@ In theory, I understand that it goes giving points to the world counter and at the end of the week, that's used to see who wins. But without a more rewarding conclussion in a shorter time, WvW doesn't entertaint me very much. :anguished:

Over that, there is the point of the big group. Being alone, or with my friend, I understand that we shouldn't be able to conquer castles. Those targets should be left for the squads in a more "epic" deed. But then, if you are not in a zerg, you practically can't do anything "meaningful", conquering camps, that are lost after other 2 mins by the enemy zerg. Keeping the ruins that again, once I leave, the ruin is lost. I think that to attract more "casuals" and PVE players into it, they should act more activies too. Although that could reduce the zergs sizes, (as they wouldn't increase the map players capacity), so does ir really worth? I looks like that just as it's now, it's being enjoyed by many players.

@Seamus.9645 said:I don't know what your server is but the meta that I play in and against is No defense, beyond counter zerging their attacking zerg. The static AC defenses of Towers is basically dead ASAIK from my playing experience.I'm on HoD. The strategies seem to vary a lot week-to-week depending on who we get paired with or against. Some weeks it's a lot of zerg-on-zerg action. Other weeks there's more defense being played. Sometimes there aren't even any active zergs or tags on the various BL maps. There's usually someone scouting from the home garrison and keeps. Tower scouts are much less common, and is mostly only done at NWT and NET on the home BL alpine maps. However, I've personally had a lot of fun and moderate success acting as a scout at the SET on either home or enemy alpine maps when we own Hills. Obviously there's not much point trying that if you don't since it will just get trebbed by any enemy scouts manning the siege at Hills.

In the generation of everyone is a winner, WvW is too much risk for the ego

When you can just look on YouTube how to defeat a boss and feel like a superhero

Sadly those wont change much since the more competitive athletes go to esport type games and the more casual passive group generally play mmos

It's almost always going to be because they had a bad or underwhelming experience when they first played it. It's kinda difficult to get your teeth into as a newer player when there are super-refined solo roamer builds in solo roaming that you have to try to fight, or when VC is half the fun of large group play.

Tighter integration with Discord might actually be a decent way to get more people in on what makes WvW fun.

@Seamus.9645 said:

It's just older men with something to prove. Ignore it.Age does affect you neurologically (motor skills for example), as well as physiologically (eyes for example). Everyone gets affected in different areas and at different times, but generally age does affect things."Anyone who tells you different is selling something."

Some people also just can't stand a competitive game mode because it stresses them out. I have a couple of guildies who won't even attempt WvW due to fear of performing poorly.

They also find highly toxic environments to be somewhat off-putting, and admittedly, WvW frequently is kinda toxic, if also hilarious. Magchat is best chat.

@Sarrs.4831 said:It's almost always going to be because they had a bad or underwhelming experience when they first played it. It's kinda difficult to get your teeth into as a newer player when there are super-refined solo roamer builds in solo roaming that you have to try to fight, or when VC is half the fun of large group play.

Tighter integration with Discord might actually be a decent way to get more people in on what makes WvW fun.

I've had a few friends who got super discouraged when they first tried playing because they got ganked a few times trying to reach our group. I tried to explain that it's not a big deal and that it happens to everyone. But yeah, I can understand where they're coming from. If you don't play long enough to see the positives of WvW, it can seem like a waste of time.

I prefer to explore the huge array of maps in PvE, and I also play video games almost exclusively for the story associated with it. Gameplay is far less important to me than the quality of the story. For me the gameplay is something that is meant to reinforce and engage me in what's happening story-wise (EX: "I need to stop this bad guy so it's time to fight them, their attacks are really strong so I need to dodge to stay alive so I can save those poor orphans!"). I also love the lore that goes into worldbuilding and discovering it as I explore the world. I play GW2 because I've loved Tyria's lore since I was in middle school playing GW1, and I enjoy the story and characters they've got in GW2.

And you know, sometimes you're running around a map doing whatever and you find a cool hidden cave you've never seen before. It's cool. You can't really do that in WvW because someone is going to find you and stomp you into the ground if you're alone. Also it has like...4 maps. And my computer can't quite handle "The Zerg" either, so I really only go into WvW when I need to.

I personally don't understand why some people prefer to exclusively play PvP or WvW. I don't find those modes engaging at all (and I'm not very into "competitive gaming" in general). This is massively multiplayer online role playing game, after.

@"Svennis.3852" said:

I personally don't understand why some people prefer to exclusively play PvP or WvW. I don't find those modes engaging at all (and I'm not very into "competitive gaming" in general). This is massively multiplayer online role playing game, after.

What? WvW is very much engaging and social though, compared to your average pve zone. You can run solo or with a group, either with a open tag or join a guild that raids, roaming or havoc group. It helps to play with the same group of people everyday, join voice Comms if you can and be a part of your wvw community.

WvW isn't that competitive as pvp, but you need a willingness to improve, if you join a organized fighting zerg, or even have a competent roaming build.

Archived