thanks arenanet for another year without Sab world 3

@Super Hayes.6890 said:They announced they wouldn't be doing it so....

This is untrue. What was said at the time (Post HoT & Pre-PoF release) is that it was unlikely to have a world 3 that upcoming year.It's was still possible that this year could have had a W3/W4. There is a difference even within dev talk between not happening and unlikely. Yes, i fully understand that often unlikely does mean it wont happen but stranger more unlikely things have occurred in this game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:They announced they wouldn't be doing it so....

This is untrue. What was said at the time (Post HoT & Pre-PoF release) is that it was unlikely to have a world 3 that upcoming year.It's was still possible that this year could have had a W3/W4. There is a difference even within dev talk between not happening and unlikely. Yes, i fully understand that often unlikely does mean it wont happen but stranger more unlikely things have occurred in this game.

I thought what they said was that creating stuff for SAB turns out to be far, far more work than anyone there realized and that the reason it was unlikely to ever happen is that it would take resources away from other projects. And that, much as some people love SAB, plenty don't; it's still niche content.

That is to say, you're correct that they didn't say "never." But I don't think it's more accurate to say that it "could" happen this year or next. (I mean, of course, anything could happen; it's just not realistic.)

Then again, maybe (like everyone else posting here) I saw in their posts what I expected to see and didn't acknowledge other possibilities. I'll have to see if I (or someone else) can find the various posts they've made in the last two years.

SAB is definitely more unique to call it "just another festival". This content could be perfect for marketing the game. If only they finished it with W3 and W4... damn. On the other hand I don't really have time for festivals this year and it felt good there are no new skins this year to farm for :-P

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:SAB is definitely more unique to call it "just another festival". This content could be perfect for marketing the game. If only they finished it with W3 and W4... kitten. On the other hand I don't really have time for festivals this year and it felt good there are no new skins this year to farm for :-P

I agree. You don't have to enjoy a particular type of content to appreciate how it's woven into the fabric that makes up GW2. What other MMO has anything like SAB? I think it's a potential selling point for the game and deserves some development time.

@EthanLightheart.9168 said:Deeply disappointed as a player since beta.People have always requested it. It's like a dead corpse now to veterans.

Equally so, a lot of people advocate against it, since it drains resources of which anet already has so little. You can never please both camps of the war. I’m not gonna boycott the game if anet ever makes a world 3, but I’ll seriously consider their priorities if they make a world 3 while so much core and expansion problems still exist.

well, I would love to see SAB going away and never come back to be honest.

I would also love to be able to disable all SAB related sounds - like those horrible boom boxes playing that pseudo-8-bit music. I want all ingame sounds, with the exceptions of those.

Please anet, make it a feature to be able to select a subset of horrible noise.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@EthanLightheart.9168 said:Deeply disappointed as a player since beta.People have always requested it. It's like a dead corpse now to veterans.

Equally so, a lot of people advocate against it, since it drains resources of which anet already has so little.

I believe chair placements took more resources than SAB tweaks this year, which is even more unjustified.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Equally so, a lot of people advocate against it, since it drains resources of which anet already has so little.

I believe chair placements took more resources than SAB tweaks this year, which is even more unjustified.

As much as I dislike SAB, I agree with you. Its great that ANet wants to expand immersive elements like sitting in chairs, but it does seem like an odd priority.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

As much as I dislike SAB, I agree with you. Its great that ANet wants to expand immersive elements like sitting in chairs, but it does seem like an odd priority.

your point is right... i can even accept the fact that they would not continue with sab development if they work more on content in genereal (fractals,raids,new meta event ) and start to support FOR REAL spvp and wvwvw , but atm they are working hard only on gemstore and useless stuff... so the excuse that the game is huge bla bla bla is false , cos pof was a really small expansion about pure content, raid and fractal doesn't have a real scheduling , pvp and wvwvw have the same problem since 2013....

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:They announced they wouldn't be doing it so....

Not quite. They didn’t come out and say it but there’s an implied ‘never’ as the game will always be huge and it will always be a sacrifice to make new SAB worlds. They made the new world, fixed the bugs, and set it up as a yearly festival.

Guild Wars 2 is a huge game, and keeping it strong means making tough decisions about where to spend our time to best serve the most players. We decided we couldn’t justify the sacrifice to Guild Wars 2 to make more new worlds for SAB. But we did have time to dust off the cobwebs (we had to fix a lot of stuff that breaks as the engine evolves and improves) and make sure SAB has a great, regular home in Guild Wars 2. As a yearly festival, SAB will now be a dependable fixture in Tyria, and that makes us very happy. Just check out Rata Sum to see how happy we feel!

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"EthanLightheart.9168" said:Deeply disappointed as a player since beta.People have always requested it. It's like a dead corpse now to veterans.

Yes having to use those skin tight leotards and white ball suits to animate sitting is way too much, Hugewaste of money, such an overkill and there was a "Chair Team"? Bring back the Guild Team please!

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:Be happy we get sab every year, sab was supposed to be gone forever but soo many players requested it so anet decided to make it a april festival.I'm grateful for just getting sab, of course a new world would be cool but I'm already happy anet listened to the players and brings it back every year.

That's not true. SAB was created with the idea of expanding it into 4 world, why do you think they created all 4 instance portals? SAB started with W1, came back half year later with W2. This alone proves you are spreading misinformation. Also, the decision to stop making SAB was made after its creator got offended by players' negative opinions about W2. Which by itself is unprofessional and silly.

Considering all the effort they put into chairs it's obvious they simply don't care to make new worlds for SAB. It's not a matter of resources anymore. Actually, at this point, they can never again claims they don't have resources for anything. If they can waste time on chair update, they can definitely spend it to produce real content or features.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:Be happy we get sab every year, sab was supposed to be gone forever but soo many players requested it so anet decided to make it a april festival.I'm grateful for just getting sab, of course a new world would be cool but I'm already happy anet listened to the players and brings it back every year.

That's not true. SAB was created with the idea of expanding it into 4 world, why do you think they created all 4 instance portals? SAB started with W1, came back half year later with W2. This alone proves you are spreading misinformation. Also, the decision to stop making SAB was made after its creator got offended by players' negative opinions about W2. Which by itself is unprofessional and silly.

Considering all the effort they put into chairs it's obvious they simply don't care to make new worlds for SAB. It's not a matter of resources anymore. Actually, at this point, they can never again claims they don't have resources for anything. If they can waste time on chair update, they can definitely spend it to produce real content or features.

Yes it was created in 2013 with that intention but we cant have good things coz players cry too much in the forums.So Its not misinformation, you said it yourself that anet decided to cancel further sab updates.SAB was supposed to not come back ever again after all the drama players made in the forums and it didn't come back for over 2 years.After lots of players requests for sab to come back anet decided to make it into a april festival thing in 2016.

So dont accuse other people of spreading misinformation if you dont know what you are talking about.That's why I say people should be happy to even have sab available to play.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Yes it was created in 2013 with that intention but we cant have good things coz players cry too much in the forums.So Its not misinformation, you said it yourself that anet decided to cancel further sab updates.

They never said this. Actually until SAB returned they never gave us definite decision about SAB future.

I don't want to be 'that' person but im going to ave to be here - you are lucky to have SAB, it was if I recall correctly just a little side project by one of the designers, something he was doing in his spare time, it was never developed or intended to become a festival.

You want to whinge about festivals not being updated, or some gone never to come back - go ahead im right behind you - but SAB is not in that category - you got extra weapons and tribulation, you still need to scratch the itch - go buy donkey kong

@Rococo.8347 said:I don't want to be 'that' person but im going to ave to be here - you are lucky to have SAB, it was if I recall correctly just a little side project by one of the designers, something he was doing in his spare time, it was never developed or intended to become a festival.

I'm sorry to be that person, but you are spreading misinformation. SAB creator definitely made this project as returning and expanding content. There are alread 4 world portals in the lobby and unfinished Zommoros storyline. It is obvious it was planned to be made into more than it is today. When SAB was released initially, we got 2 SAB updates same year. This means it was supposed to be even more frequent than festival.

Archived