thanks arenanet for another year without Sab world 3

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I found a

where he said World 3 is unlikely to be added. That’s as definite a no as I could find.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find statements that also clearly indicate:The game's model is not based on expansions and there are no plans to produce any.There are no plans to introduce Raids as the game already has open world bosses.Mounts are not something that are ever likely to be introduced into the game.Due to the constraints of the game engine and different player models, allowing players to sit in chairs would be a massive task and therefore it is very unlikely to ever happen.

Player voices do make a difference, so please take note Anet and seriously consider adding at least a new Zone each year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Daroon.1736 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I found a
where he said World 3 is unlikely to be added. That’s as definite a no as I could find.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find statements that also clearly indicate:The game's model is not based on expansions and there are no plans to produce any.There are no plans to introduce Raids as the game already has open world bosses.Mounts are not something that are ever likely to be introduced into the game.Due to the constraints of the game engine and different player models, allowing players to sit in chairs would be a massive task and therefore it is very unlikely to ever happen.

Player voices do make a difference, so please take note Anet and seriously consider adding at least a new Zone each year.

That’s true and Its always possible but they also have it set up as a yearly festival now. Yearly festivals are something that are low effort time fillers for the company to keep the players amused. They don’t update the festival other than updating rewards and letting the new rewards be what people grind for on old content. Even in gw1 the festivals were the same year after year with little or no change. So maybe they will take the time out of their current schedule of new content productions to make a new world but I’m not expecting them to do so.

@"Rococo.8347" said:I don't want to be 'that' person but im going to ave to be here - you are lucky to have SAB, it was if I recall correctly just a little side project by one of the designers, something he was doing in his spare time, it was never developed or intended to become a festival.

You want to whinge about festivals not being updated, or some gone never to come back - go ahead im right behind you - but SAB is not in that category - you got extra weapons and tribulation, you still need to scratch the itch - go buy donkey kong

Nobody is "lucky" to have anything. If the people at ANet decide to go ahead with something, then they go ahead with it. Collectively, players signal their approval by continuing to support the game. That's how it works. So, if ANet thinks expanding SAB is justified, then that's just what they'll do. This forum is the appropriate place to let ANet know what we like/dislike so they can make those decisions with at least some player input.

If you don't like it, you can go buy Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Or maybe make your own thread letting ANet know what you would like to see. And in that thread, some guy who doesn't want to be "that guy" will come along and tell you that you're lucky to have what you have. Cool!

@Ashen.2907 said:Agree with the OP.

Thank you Anet for not spending more dev resources on SAB.

There was never any dev resources spent on it in the first place, it was done completely on his own time....which is also probably why there won't be W3 or W4, it just takes to much additional time beyond what he does with normal dev work to implement.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:Be happy we get sab every year, sab was supposed to be gone forever but soo many players requested it so anet decided to make it a april festival.I'm grateful for just getting sab, of course a new world would be cool but I'm already happy anet listened to the players and brings it back every year.

That's not true. SAB was created with the idea of expanding it into 4 world, why do you think they created all 4 instance portals? SAB started with W1, came back half year later with W2. This alone proves you are spreading misinformation. Also, the decision to stop making SAB was made after its creator got offended by players' negative opinions about W2. Which by itself is unprofessional and silly.

Considering all the effort they put into chairs it's obvious they simply don't care to make new worlds for SAB. It's not a matter of resources anymore. Actually, at this point, they can never again claims they don't have resources for anything. If they can waste time on chair update, they can definitely spend it to produce real content or features.

They can care to make SAB and still decide it's a bad choice for the game. It is always a matter of resources.

SAB was created as a prank. Sitability was something that ANet wanted in the game from the start and the primary tech needed to make chairs sitable was developed for Mounts to work with all races, not specifically for chairs.

The extra effort to add sitability was mostly about going back to existing chairs and retrofitting them to, erm, fit. In contrast, the extra effort to create W3 requires new assets, new maps, new challenges, new rewards, and so on. Adding more chairs is something that a lot of different people can do, a little at a time. Adding W3 is not.

You can have an opinion about whether sitability counts as "important," but it's just as real a feature as any, especially SAB which is an extended mini-game that cannot possibly appeal to a huge fraction of players. Especially tribulation mode and its rewards.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I found a

That’s true and Its always possible but they also have it set up as a yearly festival now. Yearly festivals are something that are low effort time fillers for the company to keep the players amused. They don’t update the festival other than updating rewards and letting the new rewards be what people grind for on old content. Even in gw1 the festivals were the same year after year with little or no change. So maybe they will take the time out of their current schedule of new content productions to make a new world but I’m not expecting them to do so.

"time fillers for the company to keep the players amused" can be said about ANY existing (as opposed to freshly made new) content in any game. "Low effort" is your choice of refering to the SAB by first pointing out that it "now is a festival" and then saying something negative about festivals. There is a ton of content in the game that does not require any effort at all because it has been finished for ages and is not at all updated (like jumping puzzles and dungeons, hearts and events in existing zones, practically everything that is not "game balance"). On the other hand, festivals have had multiple updates with new items, achievements, rewards.

"They dont update festivals other than updating rewards [...]" is just as untrue. Remember the addition of mount races not only in the halloween dungeon but also in lunar new year festival? That is not "low effort", that is substantial effort, unlike the majority of game content that is totally "no effort"! And they even listened to (arguably "whiny") feedback from people who did not give them any money at all for the PoF expansion but still wanted to participate in content that was made for those who did.So they put in EVEN MORE EFFORT to let those who did NOT BUY the expantion which brought mounts regardlessly participate in mount races by renting one.

Oh and while we are at remembering, did you happen to miss the new hunt for the new backpack during last halloween event? Just wondering.

So the opposite of what you state is true. Festivals show more effort than most other existing content in GW2.

@Shikigami.4013 said:

"time fillers for the company to keep the players amused" can be said about ANY existing (as opposed to freshly made new) content in any game. "Low effort" is your choice of refering to the SAB by first pointing out that it "now is a festival" and then saying something negative about festivals. There is a ton of content in the game that does not require any effort at all because it has been finished for ages and is not at all updated (like jumping puzzles and dungeons, hearts and events in existing zones, practically everything that is not "game balance"). On the other hand, festivals have had multiple updates with new items, achievements, rewards.

"They dont update festivals other than updating rewards [...]" is just as untrue. Remember the addition of mount races not only in the halloween dungeon but also in lunar new year festival? That is not "low effort", that is substantial effort, unlike the majority of game content that is totally "no effort"! And they even listened to (arguably "whiny") feedback from people who did not give them any money at all for the PoF expansion but still wanted to participate in content that was made for those who did.So they put in EVEN MORE EFFORT to let those who did NOT BUY the expantion which brought mounts regardlessly participate in mount races by renting one.

Oh and while we are at remembering, did you happen to miss the new hunt for the new backpack during last halloween event? Just wondering.

So the opposite of what you state is true. Festivals show more effort than most other existing content in GW2.

They have added small things such as bringing back an old backpiece and added a race, but a new world is a big thing. When they update other festivals with large amounts of brand new content or update old content such as guild missions with new guild missions then maybe we’ll see a new SAB world. Brand new content such as an SAB world would take a lot of time and work to do. Time and work that they currently are using to make new maps and stories. Maybe a dev will make it a pet side project to do on his own (unpaid) time but until then I’m not expecting a significant update.

Honestly, I think it doesn't matter at all. I can choose to do SAB and it's 2 worlds each year, or skip it mostly until I'm in the mood. What matters is I have the CHOICE to get to play it. I mean, Kitten! Years went by where we had to debate on this silly forum and argue to get the damn thing back!!Just be happy with what we got.
They said they won't bring a new world out, last time.The best thing besides nostalgia is that you gt to farm AP and skins, so there's always that reason to do it.

It's not gonna take time away from Core stuff now, so maybe for those moaning about SAB, it's time to change your goal into hating other things, like pointless chairs, more outfits, and any other non story/game mode related content.

-I do understand some don't like it so, I agree, there should be a sound tab option to lower/turn off SAB music for those with dislike for retro sounds and music.

As I have been called out and reasonably proven wrong, I take back my original comment. There is definitely some uncertainty on Anet's SAB stance. A dev's insight would be a welcome addition to this thread. I hope one of them considers adding to this discussion. Is there any hope for a World 3 and 4 within the next two years or at all?

You know, I'm currently homeless and staying with a family member until things get worked out and yet I still came online for SAB. That's how much I love it. Anyone saying SAB is a waste of time needs to remember that for some people, myself included, SAB is our most favorite event of the year. Sure, it may no longer get developed, but you're just going to have to live with it staying. This is the one time of the year where I can have nothing but fun. I sit in SAB all day, usually, and do Tribulation Mode just for the challenge and unfairness to see if I can get better. In my current situation, I don't really have much to be happy about and I become homeless on my birthday. SAB is the one event that is helping me to cope with the garbage I have to deal with during this time.

Got a problem with SAB sticking around? No one is forcing you to play it. I still want SAB mounts and other stuff, but I'll have to make due with what is currently available. Funny thing is that I started SAB last year, finished both the ascended weapons from it through Trib and I was happy. This year's SAB is even more important to me. I hope it never goes away and that one day it finally receives some kind of extra content like World 3 or World 4. I guess only time will tell.

Thank you, ArenaNet, for introducing and keeping Super Adventure Box around. I'm going to continue enjoying it.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

They have added small things such as bringing back an old backpiece and added a race, but a new world is a big thing. When they update other festivals with large amounts of brand new content or update old content such as guild missions with new guild missions then maybe we’ll see a new SAB world. Brand new content such as an SAB world would take a lot of time and work to do. Time and work that they currently are using to make new maps and stories. Maybe a dev will make it a pet side project to do on his own (unpaid) time but until then I’m not expecting a significant update.

there aren't a guild content team atm... im not joking... even if guild is 1 of the most important things in an mmorpg....

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:Be happy we get sab every year, sab was supposed to be gone forever but soo many players requested it so anet decided to make it a april festival.I'm grateful for just getting sab, of course a new world would be cool but I'm already happy anet listened to the players and brings it back every year.

That's not true. SAB was created with the idea of expanding it into 4 world, why do you think they created all 4 instance portals? SAB started with W1, came back half year later with W2. This alone proves you are spreading misinformation. Also, the decision to stop making SAB was made after its creator got offended by players' negative opinions about W2. Which by itself is unprofessional and silly.

Considering all the effort they put into chairs it's obvious they simply don't care to make new worlds for SAB. It's not a matter of resources anymore. Actually, at this point, they can never again claims they don't have resources for anything. If they can waste time on chair update, they can definitely spend it to produce real content or features.

They can
care to make SAB
and still decide it's a bad choice for the game. It is
always
a matter of resources.

SAB was created as a prank. Sitability was something that ANet wanted in the game from the start
and
the primary tech needed to make chairs sitable was developed for Mounts to work with all races, not specifically for chairs.

The extra effort to add sitability was mostly about going back to existing chairs and retrofitting them to, erm, fit. In contrast, the extra effort to create W3 requires new assets, new maps, new challenges, new rewards, and so on. Adding more chairs is something that a lot of different people can do, a little at a time. Adding W3 is not.

You can have an opinion about whether sitability counts as "important," but it's just as real a feature as any, especially SAB which is an extended mini-game that cannot possibly appeal to a huge fraction of players. Especially tribulation mode and its rewards.

Resources that if spend in w3 will provide players with alot more content than any lw update. And im speaking about the lw update it self not any raid or fractal that comes out with it.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

They can
care to make SAB
always
a matter of resources.

SAB was created as a prank. Sitability was something that ANet wanted in the game from the start
and
the primary tech needed to make chairs sitable was developed for Mounts to work with all races, not specifically for chairs.

Resources that if spend in w3 will provide players with alot more content than any lw update or functioning chair. And im speaking about the lw update it self not any raid or fractal that comes out with it.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

They can
care to make SAB
always
a matter of resources.

and

Resources that if spend in w3 will provide players with alot more content than any lw update. And im speaking about the lw update it self not any raid or fractal that comes out with it.

Not necessarily.

@"zealex.9410" said:Resources that if spend in w3 will provide players with alot more content than any lw update. And im speaking about the lw update it self not any raid or fractal that comes out with it.

SAB might be a lot of fun for the people who like this sort of thing, but it's not "a lot more content" than any Living World update. It's a very narrow sort of content, an extended jumping puzzle. For those who like it, it can provide a lot more hours of replayability than other parts of the game. But that also holds true for fractals, raids, WvW, and PvP.

The actual amount of content (which is relatively little for SAB: one map is, well, one map) is only part of the picture. The other is how many people are interested and how often they play. And also important is how much work done for SAB can be applied elsewhere (close to none) and how much SAB needs to be modified to work with other changes in the game (sometimes lots).

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

They can
care to make SAB
always
a matter of resources.

and

Not necessarily.

Yes necessarily. I had more playtime from w1 last year when i first tried Sab than i had in any of the lw updates so far. Well, minus se3 ep5 (fuck that backpiece)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Resources that if spend in w3 will provide players with alot more content than any lw update. And im speaking about the lw update it self not any raid or fractal that comes out with it.

SAB might be a lot of fun for the people who like this sort of thing, but it's not "a lot more content" than any Living World update. It's a very narrow sort of content, an extended jumping puzzle. For those who like it, it can provide a lot more hours of replayability than other parts of the game. But that also holds true for fractals, raids, WvW, and PvP.

The actual amount of content (which is relatively little for SAB: one map is, well, one map) is only part of the picture. The other is how many people are interested and how often they play. And also important is how much work done for SAB can be applied elsewhere (close to none) and how much SAB needs to be modified to work with other changes in the game (sometimes lots).

Getting the currencies unlocking skins and just cimpleting it on its own takes more than lw updates take. I like both iv done both and i got mroe play time from w1 alone than i did from se4 ep1.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

They can
care to make SAB
always
a matter of resources.

and

Not necessarily.

Yes necessarily. I had more playtime from w1 last year when i first tried Sab than i had in any of the lw updates so far. Well, minus se3 ep5 (kitten that backpiece)

You referenced, "players," seemingly implying the playerbase as a whole, not just yourself in the post I quoted.

So, not necessarily.

I don't know...something available for 2-3 weeks a year vs. something available all year round. Content that provides only one kind of play vs. content with various kind of gameplay. Hmm. Which potentially has more replay value for the entire playerbase? What is the lament, usually, about temporary content; about Festival content?

I'd have to go with the permanent, varied-gameplay content, if I had to guess. But, that's just me.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

They can
care to make SAB
always
a matter of resources.

and

Not necessarily.

Yes necessarily. I had more playtime from w1 last year when i first tried Sab than i had in any of the lw updates so far. Well, minus se3 ep5 (kitten that backpiece)

You referenced, "players," seemingly implying the playerbase as a whole, not just yourself in the post I quoted.

So, not necessarily.

No, implying all the ppl that iv known during the time iv played. We are done with lw updates in 2 or 3 days tops.

I think some of these posts are hypocritical as some of the older players don't act like they care about SAB, BUT if they were to increase the rate at which bauble bubbles could be given annually then they'd be upset. I think in a sense a lot of these seasonal events are turn offs as no one wants to grind day after day. I think event dungeons or quest chains are something other games have explored and have done well. Honestly the questing in this game could use some work, there are no true quests outside of the main storyline and it's rather ambiguous whether "Tasks" are considered quests. FFXIV has done seasonal events well and you can actually acquire items in reasonable time frame. Irrelevant, I know this game is F2P with an in-game item mall but a lot of the prices seem outrageous even on sale. Some may argue it's priced fairly but I assure you fairer prices would lead to more sales. Lastly, I'd say that I've been eagerly waiting for SAB as this is my first one i've ever experienced. I've enjoyed this event and the lunar event even though I wasn't a fan of the pvp dragonball game.

@"Constipator.4537" said:I think some of these posts are hypocritical as some of the older players don't act like they care about SAB, BUT if they were to increase the rate at which bauble bubbles could be given annually then they'd be upset. I think in a sense a lot of these seasonal events are turn offs as no one wants to grind day after day. I think event dungeons or quest chains are something other games have explored and have done well. Honestly the questing in this game could use some work, there are no true quests outside of the main storyline and it's rather ambiguous whether "Tasks" are considered quests. FFXIV has done seasonal events well and you can actually acquire items in reasonable time frame. Irrelevant, I know this game is F2P with an in-game item mall but a lot of the prices seem outrageous even on sale. Some may argue it's priced fairly but I assure you fairer prices would lead to more sales. Lastly, I'd say that I've been eagerly waiting for SAB as this is my first one i've ever experienced. I've enjoyed this event and the lunar event even though I wasn't a fan of the pvp dragonball game.

Cough cough 50dollars to skip the quests in a fully priced mmo with sub fee cough cough

Archived