WvW Work In Progress

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

There are skills and/or traits for each class that provide this. Build for it.

I'm fully aware! Thank you for your insightful input! You are awesome!

Glad to be of help and clarify for you. I appreciate the compliments!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

I was already aware so you didn’t clarify anything for me! But you are still really awesome in my book! Keep up the good work pal!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

D:

Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

Well, give thief and Mesmer +25% damage enrichment, or +25% armor enhancement.

yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be seriousWasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" Would be really sweet to have a +25% movement speed enrichment!

My guardian still waiting for his passive 25% movement speed...oh well, maybe next elite spec

Was there not enough emphasis on SKILL? Why did that imply passive? Learn to use swiftness or/and "build for it"...

D:

Swagger was talking about 25% movement speed...also, dont think its fair make me waste a skill slot for retreat or any other skill that give swiftness while other professions can take an actually usefull skill, put me on a huge disadvantage, and traveler runes suck too lol

Then roll a class that does. They have disadvantages too. Negating those with an enrichment?

yes, lets give mesmer and thief plus 25% more damage cause they do low damage right...come on man, cant be seriousWasnt asking for a 25% movement speed to be baseline, was asking for guardians(next elite spec) finally have a trait that gives this and aint forced to take traveler runes for WvW or Linx for sPvP

So, I get what you are asking for. I run weaver, I trait for mivement speed which decreases either my potential damage or my potential survivability. I also have to actively work to get the 'passive' speed buff. It applies with each switch into air and/or use of the heal skill I purposefully bring to assist with speed.

Guard has symbol of swiftness. It's kinda crap but an option.

But yeah a new trait for guard would be a nice tweak.

My problem, and I likely grouped you into my concern.., is adding enrichments which would keep classes from needing to build for speed. That's a bad idea. It would negate any use of those traits for those people who use them. It's my same opposition to mounts.

@Swagger.1459 said:

I was already aware so you didn’t clarify anything for me! But you are still really awesome in my book! Keep up the good work pal!

Why thank you! I will!

I hope you have a good day!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

D:

So, I get what you are asking for. I run weaver, I trait for mivement speed which decreases either my potential damage or my potential survivability. I also have to actively work to get the 'passive' speed buff. It applies with each switch into air and/or use of the heal skill I purposefully bring to assist with speed.

My problem, and I likely grouped you into my concern.., is adding enrichments which would keep classes from needing to build for speed. That's a bad idea. It would negate any use of those traits for those people who use them. It's my same opposition to mounts.

It doesn’t negate anything my awesome, and helpful, friend! It just provides more options! Yay for more options!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Why thank you! I will!

I hope you have a good day!

You are welcome! You have a good day too! May the wind be at your back!

@Swagger.1459 said:

D:

It doesn’t negate anything my awesome, and helpful, friend! It just provides more options! Yay for more options!

Then offer a +25% damage buff, and. + 25 % damage reduction buff, while making the +25% speed buff additive.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

D:

Then offer a +25% damage buff, and. + 25 % damage reduction buff, while making the +25% speed buff additive.

You should ask the devs about that, just like I did! Ya never know until you try!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

D:

We dont actually know how these Enrichments gonna work, or Ben allready said something about it? Anyway, I think we need to reduce the number of passive stuff from the game(I am allready against food and nourishment being avaible on WvW) and not add more. If we add something like a 25% speed bonus, while would be nice to some professions, to others would be completely useless...what about those who have as minor traits 25% speed? We would have to add other options of Enrichments, damage buffs like Strider said(25% would be overkill, 5% would be more comparable with 25% speed) or damage reduction, boon duration, condi duration, etc...a few years ago we had the guard stacks that could give you huge bonus to damage and vitality, they got removed cause they were really broken, if Enrichments gonna work like that, I believe we will be heading again towards that direction, which in my opinion is not healthy for the game.

Oh @"Strider Pj.2193" I wanted to share something with you because you used the word “additive”!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

“Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat.”

So a +25% movement speed enrichment is not “additive”, it’s just makes your character move that amount as baseline!

@Swagger.1459 said:Oh @"Strider Pj.2193" I wanted to share something with you because you used the word “additive”!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

“Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat.”

So a +25% movement speed enrichment is not “additive”, it’s just makes your character move that amount as baseline!

I believe you missed my point. I definately understand 'additive', and what you wanted would be 'baseline'. Point simply is, if you allow every class to have a passive speed buff they don't have to trait for, then those traits and skills should be 'additive' on top of your new baseline. Which, as you could see, would effectively negate the enrichment bonus for people that are unwilling to adjust their build like others for speed.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ragnarox.9601 said:can we get similar rewards like pvp ? 10 gold for chest tier completition? or something like that, or at least better reward track. Or at least grandmaster marks for armor or weapons.....wvw rewards are luckluster and non rewarding now.

In PvP you can get 3 marks every 12-13 weeks, depending on off-season length. Since WvW has no off season, it's a bit harder to balance. I'd probably have out another currency to make sure they are given out at the same rate. But I'm open to it.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Oh @Strider Pj.2193 I wanted to share something with you because you used the word “additive”!

I believe you missed my point. I definately understand 'additive', and what you wanted would be 'baseline'. Point simply is, if you allow every class to have a passive speed buff they don't have to trait for, then those traits and skills should be 'additive' on top of your new baseline. Which, as you could see, would effectively negate the enrichment bonus for people that are
unwilling
to adjust their build like others for speed.

The point was adding in an additional option to movement speed, to open up build options in a movement heavy mode... Was ridiculous for you to even compare it to a 25% global damage buff or 25% global armor buff...

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Oh @Strider Pj.2193 I wanted to share something with you because you used the word “additive”!

I believe you missed my point. I definately understand 'additive', and what you wanted would be 'baseline'. Point simply is, if you allow every class to have a passive speed buff they don't have to trait for, then those traits and skills should be 'additive' on top of your new baseline. Which, as you could see, would effectively negate the enrichment bonus for people that are
unwilling

The point was adding in an additional option to movement speed, to open up build options in a movement heavy mode... Was ridiculous for you to even compare it to a 25% global damage buff or 25% global armor buff...

What you call ridiculous I can't argue with. But effectively killing the need for traits...

Again, all classes have access to these via traits or skills, sacrifice something for it like the people who do. Or build differently.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Ragnarox.9601 said:can we get similar rewards like pvp ? 10 gold for chest tier completition? or something like that, or at least better reward track. Or at least grandmaster marks for armor or weapons.....wvw rewards are luckluster and non rewarding now.

In PvP you can get 3 marks every 12-13 weeks, depending on off-season length. Since WvW has no off season, it's a bit harder to balance. I'd probably have out another currency to make sure they are given out at the same rate. But I'm open to it.

Maybe cap elements of the marks per WvW skirmish tracks? Similar to how you cap tickets?

Finding some calculation that brings it to 2-3 (equivalent mats) marks per 13 weeks. Maybe add a vendor that sells the marks for 700 skirmish tickets or something. (Yeah, 700 would be too little, but all the maths while on my phone is hard... ). :anguished:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Movement speed is mainly an issue for two classes, Necro and Guardians.Some classes have passive traits (Chrono, Warriors, etc) while other classes have excess skills that can stack swiftness (Soulbeast, Herald, etc). These classes have the means of increasing movement speed from the core game that can be applied to the expansions, while having more versatile skills that help them get around the map without sacrificing much.

While I don't play Necro, I do have more insight on the Guardian class.Core guardians have only two ways of stacking swiftness that is relevant to WvW: Staff 3 and the skill "Retreat".To get the max value of Staff 3, a guardian must constantly stop, cast the symbol, and wait for the symbol to expire to get the full swiftness amount. Even then, the cooldown is higher than the swiftness amount. Also, roaming guardians (solo of course) don't use staff since staff is currently in a bad spot.

Retreat has not been used by solo roamers, and its time as a zerg skill has long past. The cooldown of the skill is greater than the duration of swiftness (trying to use the decreased CD trait means going into a traitline specifically for one skill, and that traitline is not good for solo roamers).

Currently the optimal way for Guardians to stack swiftness is to run Firebrand and spam the 1st skill in Tome of Courage. Core and DH will have to settle with Traveler's Runes.

While I don't have an issue with a 25% movement speed enrichment, I think the better option is the add more Runes that give the same final bonus as Traveler's Runes.This would give every class a means to movement speed, so players can pick which specializations they want to run (Revenants won't be forced to run Herald, but then again, Revs have much greater problems than movement speed).

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

D:

"Just roll another class" isn't a great argument. So Guards and Necros should just swap off their favorite toon?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

unwilling

What you call ridiculous I can't argue with. But effectively killing the need for traits...

Again, all classes have access to these via traits or skills, sacrifice something for it like the people who do. Or build differently.

Having more options doesn’t negate anything. It’s just that, more options... If we follow your thought process, then we should remove food and utility buffs too, and let all bonus stats come from traits and buffs.

You are treating my suggestion as if I were asking for some super speed enrichment... Was simply bringing up an additional option for an individual player to not move around at the base sloth speed... And the effect doesn’t stack anyway...

Moving slow is annoying as all get out in wvw, but at least it was really cool to get stuff like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leader_of_the_Pact_III to make our trips to the crafting stations less annoying in cities!

@nativity.3057 said:

Movement speed is mainly an issue for two classes, Necro and Guardians.Some classes have passive traits (Chrono, Warriors, etc) while other classes have excess skills that can stack swiftness (Soulbeast, Herald, etc). These classes have the means of increasing movement speed from the core game that can be applied to the expansions, while having more versatile skills that help them get around the map without sacrificing much.

While I don't play Necro, I do have more insight on the Guardian class.Core guardians have only two ways of stacking swiftness that is relevant to WvW: Staff 3 and the skill "Retreat".To get the max value of Staff 3, a guardian must constantly stop, cast the symbol, and wait for the symbol to expire to get the full swiftness amount. Even then, the cooldown is higher than the swiftness amount. Also, roaming guardians (solo of course) don't use staff since staff is currently in a bad spot.

Retreat has not been used by solo roamers, and its time as a zerg skill has long past. The cooldown of the skill is greater than the duration of swiftness (trying to use the decreased CD trait means going into a traitline specifically for one skill, and that traitline is not good for solo roamers).

Currently the optimal way for Guardians to stack swiftness is to run Firebrand and spam the 1st skill in Tome of Courage. Core and DH will have to settle with Traveler's Runes.

While I don't have an issue with a 25% movement speed enrichment, I think the better option is the add more Runes that give the same final bonus as Traveler's Runes.This would give every class a means to movement speed, so players can pick which specializations they want to run (Revenants won't be forced to run Herald, but then again, Revs have much greater problems than movement speed).

D:

"Just roll another class" isn't a great argument. So Guards and Necros should just swap off their favorite toon?

Necro has a signet they can 'choose' to run. Just like the traits or skills others have to choose to run.

Guard? I've got nothing.

And I don't feel peoPep need to move off their toon. But if they feel they want speed, them either switch toons, or use the skills that give it. Which guard has symbol of swiftness and Necro can use war horn. Again, not ideal, but a choice.

@Swagger.1459 said:

unwilling

Having more options doesn’t negate anything. It’s just that, more options... If we follow your thought process, then we should remove food and utility buffs too, and let all bonus stats come from traits and buffs.

You are treating my suggestion as if I were asking for some super speed enrichment... Was simply bringing up an additional option for an individual player to not move around at the base sloth speed... And the effect doesn’t stack anyway...

Moving slow is annoying as all get out in wvw, but at least it was really cool to get stuff like
to make our trips to the crafting stations less annoying in cities!

Then alter the minor traits on those classes that get the speed buff to allow an increased damage buff instead. Or an increased damage buff enrichment. Otherwise, the argument is skewed to take away those 'advantages' of the more mobile classes.

Archived