WvW Work In Progress

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sojourner.4621 said:To add to the move speed enrichment idea... there seems to be this idea that it has to be 25% or none at all. One half is right, it's pretty rough on certain classes the amount you have to sacrifice for a usable speed buff, where others get it without any effort or sacrifice at all (I'm looking at you chronomancer). The other half is ALSO right in that a 25% enrichment would become baseline for everyone and would invalidate the classes that do build for extra mobility and move speed to an extent. So don't do either. Make the speed enrichment lower than the normal baseline; at 15% movement speed increase you neither invalidate building for higher move speed nor do you leave classes without easy access to speed boosts sacrificing large amounts of other damage or utility to get anything more than baseline.@XenesisII.1540 said:I don't really agree with the speed enrichment either.Builds long ago had to sacrifice either using utilities or runes to get 25% run speed, I think that was part of their overall balancing and needing to rely on other classes for certain things. Remember when mesmer had no access to 25% run speed? then chronos got it as a trait, and then their signet got 5s swiftness, now most classes have 25% run speed somewhere, cept guardians(which makes it funny when they have access to just about as much quickness as mesmers, so apparently they can swing their arms really fast but not their legs) :lol:

Sojourner idea seems good for a compromise, if you put the enrichment at 25% then everyone will have to get it no question and at that point you might as well just do a full 25% boost to running for everyone in wvw, but if you put it at 15% then it isn't necessary to have if your class can give you 25% or 33% from swiftness, but still helpful in some builds.

I just wanted to echo both of these because on thinking about it for a while, a 15% speed boost enrichment could be perfectly fine without invalidating other options or becoming mandatory power creep. People who can build for higher movement speed percentage through runes, sigils, skills, traits etc will still have the advantage, so all those things will remain preferable options. But at the same time 15% is non-negligable for players who either don't want to or can't build for higher percentages of movement speed. It will remain the inferior option but it will have a place for some classes and some builds - I would certainly have use for it.

So I'd like to see very simple 15% movement speed enrichment for 15 laurels and some badges.

i think most of the players don't care how you working on the system.We are all spending and wasting our zeal on this game mode.Many players said they gonna come back to WvW when you announced the new system.And most of them disappeared again because there's no physical information or update.The third month is passing since the announcement and actually we are bored again."How's the progress?""Yeah, it is in progress"

The history told us all the testing carried out by the balance and development team were totally trash and not satisfactory with players' wants.Bring us some useful information and listen the feedback from players a.s.a.p is more effective.

@"La Venus.6598" said:i think most of the players don't care how you working on the system.We are all spending and wasting our zeal on this game mode.Many players said they gonna come back to WvW when you announced the new system.And most of them disappeared again because there's no physical information or update.The third month is passing since the announcement and actually we are bored again."How's the progress?""Yeah, it is in progress"

The history told us all the testing carried out by the balance and development team were totally trash and not satisfactory with players' wants.Bring us some useful information and listen the feedback from players a.s.a.p is more effective.

Mistakes were made, but no lessons were learned... No weekly or biweekly communication on update progression or even monthly. No deadline.

We all hope to get back the fun we got on this gamemode. Personally, i dont care about loot in WvW gamemode , if i cant play with my mates and have fun in this gamemode.

Archived