I wish LNHB was a category title.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I'm not for nerfing this achievement. But I don't think it has any prestigue either. It's 1) based partially on luck and 2) you can buy it. It was worthless on release.

First of all the luck factor is extremely small to negligible. Dozens of LNHB runs on my side are proof enough for that. Secondly too few players have bought this title and run around proudly or brag about it.

What are the numbers exactly?

327 in total.

Who cares how many. Not me. In my environment (daily cm fractal groups, raid squads) people have it legit. I'll recognize buyers easily as they are nowhere near to be a LNHB player in terms of skill. You can even spot them by their movement before a simple fight is starting.

I don't understand how your personal experience is in any way a rule for the community. People are buying even harder titles than LNHB. As long as Anet makes these titles so easy that people can buy them, they have 0 prestige.

@zealex.9410 said:Ppl can also buy the raid cms does that make a legitimate cm kill not prestigious?

Yes it does.

Ppl buy mythic raids on wow as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I'm not for nerfing this achievement. But I don't think it has any prestigue either. It's 1) based partially on luck and 2) you can buy it. It was worthless on release.

First of all the luck factor is extremely small to negligible. Dozens of LNHB runs on my side are proof enough for that. Secondly too few players have bought this title and run around proudly or brag about it.

327 in total.

Who cares how many. Not me. In my environment (daily cm fractal groups, raid squads) people have it legit. I'll recognize buyers easily as they are nowhere near to be a LNHB player in terms of skill. You can even spot them by their movement before a simple fight is starting.

I don't understand how your personal experience is in any way a rule for the community. People are buying even harder titles than LNHB. As long as Anet makes these titles so easy that people can buy them, they have 0 prestige.

@zealex.9410 said:Ppl can also buy the raid cms does that make a legitimate cm kill not prestigious?

Yes it does.

I never played WoW past free trial lvl cap, but for me such "achievements" are worthless as well.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

327 in total.

Yes it does.

I never played WoW past free trial lvl cap, but for me such "achievements" are worthless as well.

I couldnt care less what you consider worthless as it doesnt show whats actually worthless. To you surviving in the 100cm and killing the content in a group might be worthless but it requires more cordination and skill than most other pve titles, any wvw title and any bought pvp title.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

327 in total.

Yes it does.

I couldnt care less what you consider worthless as it doesnt show whats actually worthless. To you surviving in the 100cm and killing the content in a group might be worthless but it requires more cordination and skill than most other pve titles, any wvw title and any bought pvp title.

I think you don't understand. I said this (and similar) titles are worthless, because you can buy them. This removes all the prestige from them.

Also, if you didn't care what I think, you would have ignored me.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

327 in total.

Yes it does.

I think you don't understand. I said this (and similar) titles are worthless, because you can buy them. This removes all the prestige from them.

I mean of it was worthless ppl wouldnt be buying it.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

327 in total.

Yes it does.

I mean of it was worthless ppl wouldnt be buying it.

People buy it not because of prestige but because it has AP attached to it. If you removed the title from achievement reward, people would still buy it. Title itself has no value.

@Vinceman.4572 said:Do I care about people that are doing....Chak Gerent with Voice in the Void? Not at all because it's just not relevant to me.

Of course they are, gotta get that egg to recoup all that money spent on VitV and then buy the rest lol.

In all seriousness though to OP, the title really isnt bad if you know the fractal mechanics and so does your party. If you are expecting to get it on your first couple attempts with a random lfg with others in the same boat you will certainly be in for frustration and feelings that it isnt fair. Stuck in the floor preventing lnhb would suck real bad but thats part of playing an online game. Clearly probably hundreds of thousands of runs have been made through there with no one getting stuck in the floor so chances are it was a clusterfuk that led to it, especially twice in a row. Ive never seen it happen and have ran it probably hundreds of times by now myself. I did one time get terrain blocked trying the skip after first ball phase to add platform before arstarriv, before I learned the new skip so ya theres bugs when your using the sak in odd scenarios not meant in normal gameplay. I dont know whats more frustrating though, getting stuck in terrain or having a deathless run up to arkk in a good group and then they gg because they dont want to wait 20 seconds on a cd. That prevented my title several times, as did joining runs in progress. There were a few dumb death fails on the way as well. Nothing beats one group, where I was the only one who needed lnhb, thank god, we were deathless deep into arkk and not even close to anyone dying, anom spawns and I thought I was on axe/axe but was instead still on greatsword (warrior), and what I thought was going to be an easy axe 5 anom kill led to me greatsword 5 sprint rushing off the platform with skull........that one hurt. I ended up getting title the next days run though so I got over it fast.

@Trae.2384 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:Do I care about people that are doing....Chak Gerent with Voice in the Void? Not at all because it's just not relevant to me.

Of course they are, gotta get that egg to recoup all that money spent on VitV and then buy the rest lol.

In all seriousness though to OP, the title really isnt bad if you know the fractal mechanics and so does your party. If you are expecting to get it on your first couple attempts with a random lfg with others in the same boat you will certainly be in for frustration and feelings that it isnt fair. Stuck in the floor preventing lnhb would suck real bad but thats part of playing an online game. Clearly probably hundreds of thousands of runs have been made through there with no one getting stuck in the floor so chances are it was a clusterfuk that led to it, especially twice in a row. Ive never seen it happen and have ran it probably hundreds of times by now myself. I did one time get terrain blocked trying the skip after first ball phase to add platform before arstarriv, before I learned the new skip so ya theres bugs when your using the sak in odd scenarios not meant in normal gameplay. I dont know whats more frustrating though, getting stuck in terrain or having a deathless run up to arkk in a good group and then they gg because they dont want to wait 20 seconds on a cd. That prevented my title several times, as did joining runs in progress. There were a few dumb death fails on the way as well. Nothing beats one group, where I was the only one who needed lnhb, thank god, we were deathless deep into arkk and not even close to anyone dying, anom spawns and I thought I was on axe/axe but was instead still on greatsword (warrior), and what I thought was going to be an easy axe 5 anom kill led to me greatsword 5 sprint rushing off the platform with skull........that one hurt. I ended up getting title the next days run though so I got over it fast.

Te new skip is using portal blink from first island directly into the boss' platform or something else?

Archived