Rifle or longbow for next elite?

Arheundel.6451

It makes sense : 1) no weapon replicated by conjures( hammer-axe-shield-shortbow-greatsword) and 2) no main hand again ( weaver sword ) or off hand (tempest warhorn). In both instance it's possible to use the idea of elementalists channeling elemental magic into projectiles for single target dmg with splash effect, still 1200 range...but what would the community love to see the most between the two?

P.S wanted to attach a picture to each choice, guess it's not possible:https://wrathofzombie.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/gun-mage-1.jpghttp://www.zastavki.com/pictures/originals/2013/Fantasy__039346_.jpg

Arcane Archer is a popular archetype that might go well for an ele elite spec, though Dragonhunter kinda has the archetype covered already. Still, rifles are just too techie imo for a pure mage. (not a fan of pistol on mesmer either, but what can you do). Granted, an elemental marskman would be something new and possibly interesting.

I really prefer conjures be buffed to the point that you dont use them just for some skills and then drop them.

If it is for guns i prefer dual pistols, also I would like to use a weapon which is not replicated by conjures, but also not a "brute weapon", like axe or mace

But most important, i cant decide for a weapon i i dont know how will be the spec, and what new mechanics will have.

I do not like either of those ideas I'm afraid.

I would much prefer a control-based Hammer Elementalist. Lots of chill applications from water, stun applications from air and cripple applications from earth with some DPS thrown into fire with lots of fire field blasting from slams.

We'll see.

Longbow, absolutely. I think it would also allow for wider variety of weapon skills, and even though such matter really comes down to the limits of imagination I believe the Longbow would complement Elementalist better within its character in world of Guild Wars.

There is already a longbow skin that is the same as frost bow so it is very very very unlikely we will ever get longbow as you can use that skin and no one would be able to tell if you break out the conjure without looking at the buff bar, which ANet have said plenty of times they don’t want people constantly looking at.

Also I think predator would look really nice on ele, fiery shots from a rifle that breathes fire, yup definitely ele.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for new elite spec ideas.

I'd like to see an off-hand pistol. Pistol attacks use the mantra mechanic. The Elementalist enchants their bullets to have various effects but the cast time to prep it is lengthy and can be interrupted. The number of available bullets once the mantra has finished prepping are very limited but the effects are powerful. (Turning a target into stone in earth attunement, messing with a target's cooldowns in Air attunement, or if you shoot someone in Water attunement you gain a portion of any healing they receive for a brief duration for a few examples.)

Leftover ammo would probably be lost when swapping attunements but then again could see some interesting traits such as 'Arcane Ammo' - Swapping attunements while having leftover mantras reduces the next mantra channeling by 50%

@Chemistral.7318 said:I'll throw my hat in the ring for new elite spec ideas.

I'd like to see an off-hand pistol. Pistol attacks use the mantra mechanic. The Elementalist enchants their bullets to have various effects but the cast time to prep it is lengthy and can be interrupted. The number of available bullets once the mantra has finished prepping are very limited but the effects are powerful. (Turning a target into stone in earth attunement, messing with a target's cooldowns in Air attunement, or if you shoot someone in Water attunement you gain a portion of any healing they receive for a brief duration for a few examples.)

Leftover ammo would probably be lost when swapping attunements but then again could see some interesting traits such as 'Arcane Ammo' - Swapping attunements while having leftover mantras reduces the next mantra channeling by 50%

So you H.O.P.E. For pistol? :lol:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:It makes sense : 1) no weapon replicated by conjures( hammer-axe-shield-shortbow-greatsword) and 2) no main hand again ( weaver sword ) or off hand (tempest warhorn). In both instance it's possible to use the idea of elementalists channeling elemental magic into projectiles for single target dmg with splash effect, still 1200 range...but what would the community love to see the most between the two?

P.S wanted to attach a picture to each choice, guess it's not possible:https://wrathofzombie.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/gun-mage-1.jpghttp://www.zastavki.com/pictures/originals/2013/Fantasy__039346_.jpg

You say no weapon replicated by conjures, yet you put a Longbow in for choosing? Calling it a Shortbow doesn't make it better especially when the skin exists as a Longbow skin.

So with that in mind, I'm throwing my hat in for Shield.

Scepter/Shield caster from GW1 was neat and it had a nice niche in certain PVP scenarios. Also come on. No one really uses the shield conjure outside of juking zerg engages in WVW. It could be made into an interesting off-hand for a specialization with great traits and some cool new mechanic like the Tempest had in overloads.

Shield bashing ele's spamming stuns. Yes. Very good. :trollface:

Archived