Feedback on the State of the Mesmer [merged]

Imperadordf.2687

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

I havent pvp on this season yet
, but...really, is Fresh air ele is all over the place on Plat? Its not Scourge/Firebrand/Mirage? Anyway, whatever is true or not, i guess that says a lot about this Season, where a bad gimmick build can reach Plat 1...we all have some bias towards our main professions on the game, but what you doing here is just ridiculous, lol trying to compare the most underperfoming builds to one that is considered top tier...Helseth himself said that Mirage is greatest cancer that Anet have ever made, maybe second only to bunker chrono.

The bold emphasis is mine. You admit not PvP'ing this season and then go on to speak at length about how Mirage is OP. This is the type of response Mesmer deals with often.

Wait, did we had any balance patch that i am not aware? lol Nothing have changed since this season from the last one...theres no way I gonna play sPvP on this game state, but i have played a lot of WvW...and Mirage is beyond broken there, no wonder 60%+ of roamers that I find are playing Mirage.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:Looks like someone is scared that Anet might nerf this cancer spec lol but dont worry, i am pretty sure that even if they touch Mirage, the end result will be very little, Mirage needs a whole rework on Traits and Skills, a +5% or -5% damage or cooldown like Anet is used to do aint gonna anything against Mirage...lol "broken builds", ele and rev...this cant be serious lol

ele one shot is all over the place in plat 1 and above the rev in the other side is rare cos the condi cleans is so bad but still if they nerf condi damage then you will see him a lot with there lovely bursts.

I havent pvp on this season yet, but...really, is Fresh air ele is all over the place on Plat? Its not Scourge/Firebrand/Mirage? Anyway, whatever is true or not, i guess that says a lot about this Season, where a bad gimmick build can reach Plat 1...we all have some bias towards our main professions on the game, but what you doing here is just ridiculous, lol trying to compare the most underperfoming builds to one that is considered top tier...Helseth himself said that Mirage is greatest cancer that Anet have ever made, maybe second only to bunker chrono.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Mesmer isn't OP and hasn't been for the majority of the life of the game. In fact, I recall years when it was generally agreed that Mesmer was "trash tier" after the big glamour nerf. It's not a straightforward, "swing the sword" class.

It requires a certain level of skill, situational awareness and knowledge to fight a reasonably proficient Mesmer. That is the reason it may be perceived as OP. Mesmer will continue to be regarded that way for as long as it wins fights.

A big example was clone death.
It was condemned as "toxic." Yet, Necromancer has virtually the same skill and has had it since gw1.
One possible takeaway is that it's "toxic" because it's a Mesmer skill. Removing that ability downgraded quite a few builds. I'd love to see clone death return to today's aoe spam environment.

My point is that Mesmer takes a lot of flack simply because it can be tricky to play against. Two possible paths present themselves; one is to learn the other is to scream for nerfs.

Yes, this is all a conspiracy from the pvp community, Mirage is the pinnacle of balance, but we are just bad and want to see Mesmer and all its specs nerfed to the ground...in truth mesmer mains are the best players, they are not getting carried by bad designed skills and traits, we are just bad and must L2P.

shill dud helseth mad a 1 hour video talking about how shity mirage is and this video is on his youtube channel and helseth is trash now, the best mesmer in the game is misha whom wasn't in top 25 players last season and more that that he swapped to holosmith this season so he is on top of the board by playing holo not mirage .and about you saying that the pvp community is bad vs mirage ill say yes simply because it's a new spec and to counter the mesmer you need to know the mesmer so you know how it works so you counter it .you need to have the basics of a mesmer otherwise it's a waste of time i see people running for clones and not the real one!! is this mirages fault(that's funny by the way :D ) !! ofcource not. i blame the human mind stupidity.and the condition damage was the same from the mesmer was it with core or chrono or mirage why now mirage is bad to all of you just play it and learn to counter it .

@Zaraki.5784 said:Mirage IS OP, stop trying to find excuses.

well the SB is impossible to kill by a mirage if the both players have the same lvl and you are designed to not die to heavy condition pressure with full counter giving you resistance and transferring conditions for more pressure and ofcourse 2 utility skills with ages of resistance and ofcource the resistance from the healing skill and the loading shield block screen that i have to wait before attacking all this if you die to mirage in less than 2 or 3 min is that you are so bad .

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:Looks like someone is scared that Anet might nerf this cancer spec lol but dont worry, i am pretty sure that even if they touch Mirage, the end result will be very little, Mirage needs a whole rework on Traits and Skills, a +5% or -5% damage or cooldown like Anet is used to do aint gonna anything against Mirage...lol "broken builds", ele and rev...this cant be serious lol

ele one shot is all over the place in plat 1 and above the rev in the other side is rare cos the condi cleans is so bad but still if they nerf condi damage then you will see him a lot with there lovely bursts.

I havent pvp on this season yet, but...really, is Fresh air ele is all over the place on Plat? Its not Scourge/Firebrand/Mirage? Anyway, whatever is true or not, i guess that says a lot about this Season, where a bad gimmick build can reach Plat 1...we all have some bias towards our main professions on the game, but what you doing here is just ridiculous, lol trying to compare the most underperfoming builds to one that is considered top tier...Helseth himself said that Mirage is greatest cancer that Anet have ever made, maybe second only to bunker chrono.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Mesmer isn't OP and hasn't been for the majority of the life of the game. In fact, I recall years when it was generally agreed that Mesmer was "trash tier" after the big glamour nerf. It's not a straightforward, "swing the sword" class.

It requires a certain level of skill, situational awareness and knowledge to fight a reasonably proficient Mesmer. That is the reason it may be perceived as OP. Mesmer will continue to be regarded that way for as long as it wins fights.

It was condemned as "toxic." Yet, Necromancer has virtually the same skill and has had it since gw1.
One possible takeaway is that it's "toxic" because it's a Mesmer skill. Removing that ability downgraded quite a few builds. I'd love to see clone death return to today's aoe spam environment.

My point is that Mesmer takes a lot of flack simply because it can be tricky to play against. Two possible paths present themselves; one is to learn the other is to scream for nerfs.

Yes, this is all a conspiracy from the pvp community, Mirage is the pinnacle of balance, but we are just bad and want to see Mesmer and all its specs nerfed to the ground...in truth mesmer mains are the best players, they are not getting carried by bad designed skills and traits, we are just bad and must L2P.

shill dud helseth mad a 1 hour video talking about how shity mirage is and this video is on his youtube channel and helseth is trash now, the best mesmer in the game is misha whom wasn't in top 25 players last season and more that that he swapped to holosmith this season so he is on top of the board by playing holo not mirage .and about you saying that the pvp community is bad vs mirage ill say yes simply because it's a new spec and to counter the mesmer you need to know the mesmer so you know how it works so you counter it .you need to have the basics of a mesmer otherwise it's a waste of time i see people running for clones and not the real one!! is this mirages fault(that's funny by the way :D ) !! ofcource not. i blame the human mind stupidity.and the condition damage was the same from the mesmer was it with core or chrono or mirage why now mirage is bad to all of you just play it and learn to counter it .

Okay, at this point i am 100% sure that you are just trolling lol, you saying that the condi damage from mesmer was the same from Mirage? Not even on WvW with Perplexity Runes Mesmer could do 20~30 stacks of confusion.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Most annoying thing about mirage, and to some extent thief and druid, is the perpetual evade/invuln/stun coupled with de-targetting and re-targetting. Scourges are a better punching bag. I doubt mirage will be destroyed though, but inevitably toned down.

i may agree about druid simply because the druid don't need all that evades he is all ready a tank ,but the thiefs and mesmers they are squishy two hits and they die.without the evades people can't survive anyburst.

@"lethotix.2973" said:Portal, moa, good damage and sustain. I have watched a lot of pro league games and you even see helseth 2v1ing a point for a long time even. He MADE the class op with the high skill ceiling. Regardless mirage is a different beast altogether. Too much sustain AND damage. One needs to be toned down.

man this is apply's to a druid in the pro league period not to mesmer cos the mesmer can's stay on the point and should rotate a lot and as far as i know helseth have the higher death count in his team and he is good in one thing "portal's " .

@Felipe.1807 said:

Okay, at this point i am 100% sure that you are just trolling lol, you saying that the condi damage from mesmer was the same from Mirage? Not even on WvW with Perplexity Runes Mesmer could do 20~30 stacks of confusion.

dud i'm talking about the skills why you flying around the torch skills the scepter skills the staff skills and so on if they nerf those skills that will hurt very bad core and chrono when they are allready not viable in term of condition builds. so only mirage can use the condition skills effectively destroying him will make every mesmer player back to chrono or core power creep .. and that not fun anymore :(

@Felipe.1807 said:

I havent pvp on this season yet
, but...really, is Fresh air ele is all over the place on Plat? Its not Scourge/Firebrand/Mirage? Anyway, whatever is true or not, i guess that says a lot about this Season, where a bad gimmick build can reach Plat 1...we all have some bias towards our main professions on the game, but what you doing here is just ridiculous, lol trying to compare the most underperfoming builds to one that is considered top tier...Helseth himself said that Mirage is greatest cancer that Anet have ever made, maybe second only to bunker chrono.

The bold emphasis is mine. You admit not PvP'ing this season and then go on to speak at length about how Mirage is OP. This is the type of response Mesmer deals with often.

Wait, did we had any balance patch that i am not aware? lol Nothing have changed since this season from the last one...theres no way I gonna play sPvP on this game state, but i have played a lot of WvW...and Mirage is beyond broken there, no wonder 60%+ of roamers that I find are playing Mirage.

WvW is full of power mirage or power chrono or the power core but the condi mirage!!! it has no place in WvW it's rarely played.

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:Stop saying that Mirage is OP cos this is stupid and this is why:

1. Mirage can't hold a point.
  2. Mirage can't one shot.
  3. It's more or less like a thief good in roaming and +1 but slower than a thief only can compete with a thief if you play sword and if so the condi damage is minor.
  4. The good skills have long couldown's like torch 1 and 2 and torch 1 is so ez to be evaded with the sound effect so all you need to do is to wait 2.5sec and dodge or just move away especially the mesmer is slower than chrono(+25% speed).
  5. The only problem is that mirage is all around cos it's the most fun class to play was it in pvp or pve and mirage is good vs core builds in general but not the SD thief(so much evades and free teleports and spam-able unblockable ).
  6. Torment is not a good condi however the only good condi a mesmer can do is confusion forcing the high lvl players to disengage so they don't suicide using skills however the stupid players keep fighting and die and blame mirage for being op when the only problem is him being stupid ,so if you remove the confusion damage the condi mesmer in general gonna be useless and everyone gonna swap to power chrono if they are die-hard mesmers or just change the class .

and i will list here the real broken classes:

• The one shot power ele .
  • The one shot core gard .
  • Druid so much damage from the pets and so much heal and can hold a point vs 2
  • S/D thief with the spam-able unblockable with 5k+ damage with crits with an evade frame what more you can ask for.
  • P/P thief is op it the best version of deadeye and its not played in high lvl games simply cos they are ashamed to play it cos it's so ez .
  • Scourge is lovley corupption is real in huge AOE's and the bariers make the scourge harder to kill more than a reaper if in good hands .
  • power rev removed from the list till it show up on the next meta(due the public demand)
  • The lovly FB support .
  • The cute HOLO.
  • The shy one shot power Mesmer (added due the public demand )
  • The scary SB with perma resistance and double swing kill.and more.....

Mirage can 1 shot. Mirage can hold a point.. i dont even need to keep going. I have 3k hours and 5k games on mesmer only in spvp. I can send a screenshot or whatever if you dont believe me.

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:Stop saying that Mirage is OP cos this is stupid and this is why:
  3. It's more or less like a thief good in roaming and +1 but slower than a thief only can compete with a thief if you play sword and if so the condi damage is minor.
  4. The good skills have long couldown's like torch 1 and 2 and torch 1 is so ez to be evaded with the sound effect so all you need to do is to wait 2.5sec and dodge or just move away especially the mesmer is slower than chrono(+25% speed).
  5. The only problem is that mirage is all around cos it's the most fun class to play was it in pvp or pve and mirage is good vs core builds in general but not the SD thief(so much evades and free teleports and spam-able unblockable ).
  6. Torment is not a good condi however the only good condi a mesmer can do is confusion forcing the high lvl players to disengage so they don't suicide using skills however the stupid players keep fighting and die and blame mirage for being op when the only problem is him being stupid ,so if you remove the confusion damage the condi mesmer in general gonna be useless and everyone gonna swap to power chrono if they are die-hard mesmers or just change the class .

• S/D thief with the spam-able unblockable with 5k+ damage with crits with an evade frame what more you can ask for.
  • P/P thief is op it the best version of deadeye and its not played in high lvl games simply cos they are ashamed to play it cos it's so ez .
  • Scourge is lovley corupption is real in huge AOE's and the bariers make the scourge harder to kill more than a reaper if in good hands .
  • power rev
    removed from the list till it show up on the next meta(due the public demand)
  • The lovly FB support .
  • The cute HOLO.

Mirage can 1 shot. Mirage can hold a point.. i dont even need to keep going. I have 3k hours and 5k games on mesmer only in spvp. I can send a screenshot or whatever if you dont believe me.

if you are a veteran you should hold point vs veteran's to this to be true.

i stopped reading after "mirage is not op"mirage wins legit every 1v1 besides vs druid. mirage has a way higher burst than druid. lots of access to sealth, perma dodges, stunnbreak on dodge and confusion stackable to the point where as u probably kill urself for just using a skill to cleanse. oh.. not to mention the mobiliy on sword ambush, blink and portal...warrior has a couple of seconds of resistance. u can legit just stealth while the war has his resistance up and then burst him LOLa mirage can probably kill a rev with using staff ambush skill only or take on a 4 revs at the same time.besides that mirage shits on holos, and eles.the fresh air ele build that u mentioned has 11k hp while a mirage with acces to invuln, stealth, perma dodges and blind etc. has 22k hp or something with carrion amulet.

so i dont know if ur on drugs, trolling, have brain issues or if u are simply incredibley bad at the game (no offense btw),

but either way ur legit crying about a possible nerf on an S-tier class that had deserved a nerf for a couple of weeks/months alrdy..

"nerf every other class, buff my main class".

@"Wichidi.9281" said:i stopped reading after "mirage is not op"mirage wins legit every 1v1 besides vs druid. mirage has a way higher burst than druid. lots of access to sealth, perma dodges, stunnbreak on dodge and confusion stackable to the point where as u probably kill urself for just using a skill to cleanse. oh.. not to mention the mobiliy on sword ambush, blink and portal...warrior has a couple of seconds of resistance. u can legit just stealth while the war has his resistance up and then burst him LOLa mirage can probably kill a rev with using staff ambush skill only or take on a 4 revs at the same time.besides that mirage kitten on holos, and eles.the fresh air ele build that u mentioned has 11k hp while a mirage with acces to invuln, stealth, perma dodges and blind etc. has 22k hp or something with carrion amulet.

so i dont know if ur on drugs, trolling, have brain issues or if u are simply incredibley bad at the game (no offense btw),

but either way ur legit crying about a possible nerf on an S-tier class that had deserved a nerf for a couple of weeks/months alrdy..

"nerf every other class, buff my main class".you are a funny man/women mirage is very vulnerable vs holo and watch misha and zan dualing when zan won every 1v1 .perma dodge !!! thats stupid dud who lied to you !sword ambush is for power mirage builds and you said warr has a couple seconde of resistance realy dud 6 from the healing skill +2sc or more from full counter every 10sec and 6 +6 sec from the utility skills thats more than 20sec when having the full counter active in between and after that the healing skill will be available again shorter after the utility skills available 2 and voila you are unkillable with condi dmg and the stealth of mirage is mostly used for bursting the first attack with only 3 sec of stealth and the signet of nightmare give you hardly a 2sec of stelth !! do you call this good !! however the druid can stealth on demand nearly like a thief .won't answer about the rev part cos that's stupid .

@"Wichidi.9281" said:i stopped reading after "mirage is not op"mirage wins legit every 1v1 besides vs druid. mirage has a way higher burst than druid. lots of access to sealth, perma dodges, stunnbreak on dodge and confusion stackable to the point where as u probably kill urself for just using a skill to cleanse. oh.. not to mention the mobiliy on sword ambush, blink and portal...warrior has a couple of seconds of resistance. u can legit just stealth while the war has his resistance up and then burst him LOLa mirage can probably kill a rev with using staff ambush skill only or take on a 4 revs at the same time.besides that mirage kitten on holos, and eles.the fresh air ele build that u mentioned has 11k hp while a mirage with acces to invuln, stealth, perma dodges and blind etc. has 22k hp or something with carrion amulet.

"nerf every other class, buff my main class".you are a funny man/women mirage is very vulnerable vs holo and watch misha and zan dualing when zan won every 1v1 .perma dodge !!! thats stupid dud who lied to you !sword ambush is for power mirage builds and you said warr has a couple seconde of resistance realy dud 6 from the healing skill +2sc or more from full counter every 10sec and 6 +6 sec from the utility skills thats more than 20sec when having the full counter active in between and after that the healing skill will be available again shorter after the utility skills available 2 and voila you are unkillable with condi dmg and the stealth of mirage is mostly used for bursting the first attack with only 3 sec of stealth and the signet of nightmare give you hardly a 2sec of stelth !! do you call this good !! however the druid can stealth on demand nearly like a thief .won't answer about the rev part cos that's stupid .

warriors dont use their healing signet actively unless really needed. cant count this in.berserker stance is 4 secs of resi and featherfoot grace is 5 secs. most warriors run break enchantments hence they only run either zerk stance or featherfoot grace.thats 5 secs resi + 2 secs every full counter (if the enemy is dumb enough to trigger it)

and yeah.. u are definetly on the level of misha and zan in order to compare to them.

the fact u bring up rev and p/p thief is ridiculous. u r making a fool out of urself by saying rev / p/p thief has to be nerfed instead of mirage.

just... stop. ur making it worse with every single post.

on a side note...

u said sword ambush is for power mesmer only. do u not realize that sword ambush applies 2 stacks of confusion and the interrupt inflicts 2 more stacks and blind.

also i said sword ambush is used for mobility. 600 range leaps everytime u dodge with insane vigor uptime? u can just escape anytime anywhere with blink/ambush/portal.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:If history is a guide, Mirage is likely to be destroyed and/or Mirage distortion given to another class.

I'm not saying I think that's appropriate or justified... but that would be in line with previous changes.

I'm afraid to lose interest in the game if they destroyed the most class i love .it's a very hard class to play and master and in the same time its the most fun if they change it to something boring or useless like renegade i'm likely gonna quite the game .

The tricks about mesmer is that it is hard to master, but once you master it you may become nigh unkillable, giving you too much counter measures to every situation that may happen in a match. This is what troubles everyone the most. Nobody ever should be so strong, no matter what class class he/she plays and how hard it is to master.In other words, a class that dictates the pace of a fight and the only way to defeat it is to hope for a mistake, it's bad design.

• power rev removed from the list till it show up on the next meta(due the public demand)
  • The lovly FB support .
  • The cute HOLO.

TRANSLATION: Please, Anet... DON'T TAKE AWAY MY CHEESE!!!

You're so full of it, just reading your post has given me gas! :rage:

(And, sadly, Anet will probably buff Mirage cuz they're smoking the same shit you are! :-1: )

well the SB is impossible to kill by a mirage if the both players have the same lvl and you are designed to not die to heavy condition pressure with full counter giving you resistance and transferring conditions for more pressure and ofcourse 2 utility skills with ages of resistance and ofcource the resistance from the healing skill and the loading shield block screen that i have to wait before attacking all this if you die to mirage in less than 2 or 3 min is that you are so bad .

It's funny how preposterous are people when they are so sure about the class you play just from a guess on your forum avatar.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

It's funny how preposterous are people when they are so sure about the class you play just from a guess on your forum avatar.

also, sb loses big time vs. mirage. and sb doesnt transfer conditions they copy conditions. that guy is high af lol

I'm not so sure about all that OP. Even BAD Mirages are becoming harder to hit than GOOD Thieves.

But I don't expect them to be "shattered". ..... "There are some mesmer changes we're excited about .... + MOAR!"

So don't get to your panties in a bunch OP. Anet is excited about changes to Mesmer coming in February, your favoroooot class will be spare/buffed this time.

Mirage needs the nerf sorry. A good player will maximise its capabilities. Its the strongest roaming / 1v1 class in current meta. The above-avg mirage should be able to even troll a point 2v1, it has enough disengages to pull out of a fight and it also wins almost every matchup 1v1.

@"Wichidi.9281" said:on a side note...

u said sword ambush is for power mesmer only. do u not realize that sword ambush applies 2 stacks of confusion and the interrupt inflicts 2 more stacks and blind.

also i said sword ambush is used for mobility. 600 range leaps everytime u dodge with insane vigor uptime? u can just escape anytime anywhere with blink/ambush/portal.

-Actually that's not true the actual sword can't do that and it's on the traits one is the riddle of sand and that is situational and the second trait is on dueling by sacrificing deceptive evasion and that a hard chose to make and its the same think the 2 conf stacks are situational and need an interrupt to be activated .-The mobility part i agreeand i meant copie condition not transfer if i realy meant transfer why i would have talked about resistance uptime and its 6 sec each almost when using surging fetherfoot is 5and3/4sec and berserker stance is 6 and1/4sec because the resistance proc in the last tick too so its 12sec total and its the same as 6sec each so next time don't talk about something you don't have a clue about and the to activate the full counter you don't need the enemy to be stupid you only activate it on the impact so it hit 100% or vs mesmer it's ez to be activated on the clones and the healing skill is a extra 7 sec with surging if the resistance rotation was good the mesmer can't make any significant damage and he probably gonna die or disengage .. so stop trying to look smart you are so dumb go play somewhere else and leave the sPVP alone and leave this post if you don"t like it .

@"Wichidi.9281" said:on a side note...

-Actually that's not true the actual sword can't do that and it's on the traits one is the riddle of sand and that is situational and the second trait is on dueling by sacrificing deceptive evasion and that a hard chose to make and its the same think the 2 conf stacks are situational and need an interrupt to be activated .-The mobility part i agreeand i meant copie condition not transfer if i realy meant transfer why i would have talked about resistance uptime and its 6 sec each almost when using surging fetherfoot is 5and3/4sec and berserker stance is 6 and1/4sec because the resistance proc in the last tick too so its 12sec total and its the same as 6sec each so next time don't talk about something you don't have a clue about and the to activate the full counter you don't need the enemy to be stupid you only activate it on the impact so it hit 100% or vs mesmer it's ez to be activated on the clones and the healing skill is a extra 7 sec with surging if the resistance rotation was good the mesmer can't make any significant damage and he probably gonna die or disengage .. so stop trying to look smart you are so dumb go play somewhere else and leave the sPVP alone and leave this post if you don"t like it .

Ineptitude is not a hard pick over deceptive evasion for condi mirage....

Ineptitude and blind on shatter are like one of the core synergies for the build in the first place lol

Archived