Post-Patch recording devices (ig-6417 achievement)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Brandr Skjoldulfr.4810 said:So are they still being mailed out? I had a stack of about 12 in the bank that got reduced to 1, but haven't received any mail yet.

Keep your fingers crossed because someone in my guild who did NOT finish the collection never got the mail, which is even more ironic because it seems like these recorders were only sent to ppl who didnt need them. I actually think this is a late April fools joke from the devs, and something meaningful will be given to the thousands of people inconvenienced by this month long troll.

Either way, the fishing event is back and the recorders seem no longer bugged so enjoy the collection, it's not bad other than finding a vabbi meta map, it's a bit late id think, it was real easy in the weeks when everyone was on the collection. Good luck.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We're SO sorry for this inconvenience! After reviewing our options, the team only had a few routes to choose and we wanted to be extra generous and ensure that folks who had the devices actually, you know, had (reacquired) the devices. That is why 15 were sent, in 3 bundles of 5 each. The theory is that those mails will top off the collections for most players.

I was going to suggest that you just delete the mails, unopened, but you can't delete a mail unopened/if there's something inside. (A safety features that proves a stumbling block in these edge cases.) I believe you'll need to open, retrieve the items, and then manually delete each one. Because the name has to be input individually, use cut and paste to make your life easier.

If someone else thinks of a better system to eliminate the unneeded devices, please post here so we all can take advantage of it!

If Researcher Thale who sells them would buy them back at a like-for-like cost; it would help us and any others that might buy extra devices in the future (like how fishing credited without turning the completed recording in left some of us a spare device).

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:We're SO sorry for this inconvenience! After reviewing our options, the team only had a few routes to choose and we wanted to be extra generous and ensure that folks who had the devices actually, you know, had (reacquired) the devices. That is why 15 were sent, in 3 bundles of 5 each. The theory is that those mails will top off the collections for most players.

I was going to suggest that you just delete the mails, unopened, but you can't delete a mail unopened/if there's something inside. (A safety features that proves a stumbling block in these edge cases.) I believe you'll need to open, retrieve the items, and then manually delete each one. Because the name has to be input individually, use cut and paste to make your life easier.

If someone else thinks of a better system to eliminate the unneeded devices, please post here so we all can take advantage of it!

Instead of typing the actual name of the item you want to delete, just let us type Delete or something.

This entire collection could have been done a much better way. IT should have needed just one recording device that unlocks the collection then just doing the events and you get recordings.. rather than needing an individual recording device for each recording which is causing a host of problems.

This entire collection could have been done a much better way. IT should have needed just one recording device that unlocks the collection then just doing the events and you get recordings.. rather than needing an individual recording device for each recording which is causing a host of problems.

Ye, it should cost 105 crystals and work just like similiar items used while completing precursors collections ie. Gloominator

I am so glad I read this before logging in today, seeing as how I completed the collection as soon as I could get to a working fishing event. Saw I had 3 mails with 15 of the devices total, noped right over to character creation, made a random alt named Record Deleter, took stuff out of the mail, and deleted that alt without moving him one step into the Dream :)

Worked like a charm, so much faster than individual named item deletions. Thanks for that suggestion, person who posted it earlier in the thread. Sorry to anyone else that wants to name an alt Record Deleter in the next 24 hours.

I found copy and paste to delete them more than effective. As far as a better suggestion? Make them sellable for a few silver on any merchant. It's the first thing I checked. Once I discovered they weren't, I deleted them.

No reasonable person is going to complain about getting some free silver. ☺

Edit: Another suggestion would be to have the initial merchant refund them at equal crystal cost. That way, if a player buys one too many for whatever reason, they're refunded the cost.

Hope this helps.

@"banshee.9328" said:

Ye, it should cost 105 crystals and work just like similiar items used while completing precursors collections ie.

Yeah exactly. I mean you just make the cost the same

I can't believe how bad ArenaNet has handled this situation. Sending replacement devices to players that did not need them and let them delete them one by one, sending replacement devices to players who have not lost any, not sending replacement devices to players who did loose devices and still need some (like me or CptAurellian).

What am I suppose to do now? Wait forever for the mails? Make a support ticket? Maybe Gaile can shine some light on this. Or let someone higher up in the tree at ArenaNet make a proper post about this kitten disaster that explains how they kittened up so badly :(

I lost 20 recording devices, and as of last night I had not received any replacements. I ended up just buying new ones to replace the ones I'd lost because I didn't want to fall too far behind the activity curve on getting these completed. (I'd hate to be stuck trying to get recording #7 once the majority of players have finished up Serpent's Ire.) At this point, any replacement recordings will be useless to me. Getting 100 Difluourite crystals would have been a preferred solution, but I'm not that worried about it.

One possible solution would be to add an NPC that buys blank recordings for 5 difluourite.

Archived